Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #29
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Dude, I wouldn't listen to half of the bullshit stated above. I work at a dealership and u can guarandamntee you that if you brought your car in for whatever, and the tech saw it....bye bye warranty. Most techs I've worked with are lazy asses and try to get out of doing warranty work any way they can. Trust me, I work in the parts dept and I hear all their whining and complaining about having to warranty this and warranty that. Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I set them straight...if they didn't do any warranty work, their paychecks would be alot smaller.

My advice to you op, is however you install it, make it easy to remove. The fuel line should just tap into the schrader valve so that's easy to remove. If you drill a hole in the intake tube for a nozzle, buy a spare tube.

Perception is reality.....if you have a nos kit on your car, 99% of people are going to automatically think you rag the crap out of your car and you won't convince them otherwise. There was a car that came in not long ago that had nitrous on it and a couple of other aftermarket goodies. The guy was having trans problems and I remember the techs trying to get out of fixing the car because of those things added. Nevermind there was a service bulletin on the exact thing that was wrong with the car. I pitched a damn fit when I heard about that crap. Pisses me off when they act like that. Morel of the story? Be careful in what you let the dealership see.
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #30
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I agree dude for every one time we get over on a dealer for some warranty work they rip off at least 20 other people. And if we get one over on them, honestly thats their fault. Its their job to deny work if something shouldnt be covered, if they dont notice, then whatever.

Its kind of like when you get two drinks out of a vending machine at once, what are you gonna go bring the other one back? If you get warranty work you werent suppose to then who cares you lucked out, enjoy that.
I agree 100%!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #31
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oSS View Post
I don't know why so many people fight for the dealers here, they screwed ya when you bought the camaro no matter how good an offer you think you got. That being said most dealers will look for anything to avoid warranty work, they really make no money off it so why would they want to do it. At the same time the mechanics get paid the same wether its warranty or not.

If many of you have noticed many service positions at dealerships are on a revolving door, rarely do you see a lifer in that job much less a 5 year vet.

If you want to play the game of hiding nitrous that is a call you can make for yourself. Try it why not, who cares what the self richous here say. I will give you one more tip as well ......... change the plugs, sulfer build up from nitrous is a dead give away. ANd with a plate system there is no poking holes in the intake. Once installed you can break a nitrous system down in about 30 minutes all the way to the brackets.
I respectfully disagree about the mechanics getting paid the same. They don't. As stated above, I work at a dealership. I used to be a tech also. This is an example of how it works:

Job: r&r transmission

Warranty might pay 2.5 hours. Customer pay will likely be double that. So if the tech can get out of warranty paying for it and make the customer pay, their paycheck on that job just doubled. Warranty pay is for the most part is lower than what it should be. That's why techs hate warranty work.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #32
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
I respectfully disagree about the mechanics getting paid the same. They don't. As stated above, I work at a dealership. I used to be a tech also. This is an example of how it works:

Job: r&r transmission

Warranty might pay 2.5 hours. Customer pay will likely be double that. So if the tech can get out of warranty paying for it and make the customer pay, their paycheck on that job just doubled. Warranty pay is for the most part is lower than what it should be. That's why techs hate warranty work.
I would love to see the facts on this, as would every customer out there. If this were true that would only lead all parties involved to deny warranty claims. Now I am pretty sure the mechanics or "techs" (isnt tech a word used for people with out degrees or certifications) get paid by the hour on hourly rate with out getting bonuses from non warranty work.

Also every job for these mechanics has an hour limit for each job, are you saying they are charging paying customers more then the hour limit allows? If that is so let us know the name of this dealership.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #33
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Had the same thing with my Stang... turned out to be a flaky throttle position sensor... It didn't like the Zex box being hooked up... Would throw the car into limp home mode. Found it by data logging the throttle position sensor voltage... replaced the TPS and all was good...
Scrm da man! Hows everything man? I wish youd get back into the pony wars!
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #34
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
I would love to see the facts on this, as would every customer out there. If this were true that would only lead all parties involved to deny warranty claims. Now I am pretty sure the mechanics or "techs" (isnt tech a word used for people with out degrees or certifications) get paid by the hour on hourly rate with out getting bonuses from non warranty work.

Also every job for these mechanics has an hour limit for each job, are you saying they are charging paying customers more then the hour limit allows? If that is so let us know the name of this dealership.
What he's saying is if you brought a car to get something fixed not under warranty the dealership charges a higher rate than what they charge GM to fix your car. That trickels down to the Techs who get paid less per hour for warranty work.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #35
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
What he's saying is if you brought a car to get something fixed not under warranty the dealership charges a higher rate than what they charge GM to fix your car. That trickels down to the Techs who get paid less per hour for warranty work.
Exactly, and I don't work at a gm dealership either. I do have connections with other dealer brands as I work in parts, and this is the norm. Don't believe me? I don't owe it to you to prove it, but if it means enough to you for you to know, do a little research. If you think that the manufacturer pays the same for parts and service under warranty, you live in dream land. And btw, you can call "tech" "mechanic" or whatever you like. Tech is more of a modern name for a mechanic.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #36
Camarowguy

And usa1camaro, I wasn't aiming anything toward you. I got carried away lol
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #37
Camarowguy

Quote:

One me thing, no, they aren't charging more than the "hour limit" you speak of. They just get paid less than the book suggests for warranty work.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #38
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
And usa1camaro, I wasn't aiming anything toward you. I got carried away lol
I didn't take it that way and we're all good.

The dealership enters into an agreement with the big company(GM in this case) to provide warranty work at one rate while they charge the average consumer a different rate. It is understandable.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #39
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
While I agree with a few of the people here, trying to get them to cover something DAMAGED by the nitrous is stealing. Now if you want something hidden that just will not attract attention from mechanics and racers alike... We have..

The Moneymaker.

A hidden system designed around EFI intakes. This would be my choice for trying to keep it inconspicuous.

As far as safety on the smaller shots. Anything under 100hp, it is very hard to hurt parts. 95% of them time, stock timing and the correct plugs is all that needed. If you want more specific insight on your combination let me know.
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #40
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Interesting. That will be the first thing i tell the shop. thanks!
I had the "limp mode" trouble at 75 and 100hp shot. Jetted down on the fuel side alittle, and the issue went away. Throwing it on a dyno is still a good idea though, but im betting your a little rich.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #41
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
I had the "limp mode" trouble at 75 and 100hp shot. Jetted down on the fuel side alittle, and the issue went away. Throwing it on a dyno is still a good idea though, but im betting your a little rich.
It seems to do this when I'm not at full throttle as well. I'll test it out today.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #42
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
It seems to do this when I'm not at full throttle as well. I'll test it out today.
O ya.... that sounds exactly like your TPS is screwy then. Have you tried to reset the position on the senser?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold

Last edited by jeff4946; 05-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote