Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 02-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Opinions on best overall gaming/chat headphones Xbox 1

Gaming right now with a set of Sony MDR 7506 or Audio Technica ATH M50X, signal from tv output jack, with the cheap Xbox 1 chat headphone sharing one ear. Turtle Beach was recommended by a few people. The TB XO One, entry level, had poor sound quality and the "better" XO7 Pro suffered the same. They both had a 50mm driver, so thinking it's the same speakers, but different preset eq settings. Muddy, dull and flat, to me. The only good point was the mic monitoring. No plans to get the TB Stealth 500X bc of the same 50mm drivers. Maybe Astro A50 or Mad Catz Freq 9? ?????
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
I do not have the A50s but I have a friend that has them and he really enjoys them. If I were to buy a pair it would be those.
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Will need to sample the A50's before I buy for that price. Fortunately I can return the XO7 Pro. I may even attempt to integrate the chat into the existing cans that I have.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I just use the headphone that came with the console.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Dog chewed my headset wire that came with the xbox one this past weekend. lol So I went out and bought Turtle Beach XO FOUR. I have to say, I'm lovin them! Right away, I got compliments from the party chat guys about how clear I sound and asked what I did. lol I really like the fact that it was made for the xbox one, but I can still use it for other mobile devices, like my ipad. The sound quality is awesome as well. Definitely would recommend this headset!

edit: saying all that, I have no experience with any other kind of headset, so I can't say if it's better or worse than any other brand out there.