Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
I hadn't thought about this, I usually rotate my tires every 5000 miles or so. Is it simply unnecessary with the Camaro? I've never rotated side to side
snaphappy....since you have a SS, and if you have the stock wheels nad tires on teh car, then YES, not only is it unnecessary.....like described in teh OP's post....you do NOT want to rotate them.

UNLESS you have done the same as so many of us have, and that is to run 20 x 9's on all four corners.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Who is this dealer? Save the rest of us!
I went to the Hurd Automall in Johnston RI.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
Doesn't sound like they are exclusively Chevrolet only, are they? I would certainly talk to Brandon, who posted a reply to you.

By the way, my mechanic put the same Oil in my 2011 1LT (No RS package) that came in it from the factory, that being:

AC Delco Dexos 5W-30 Synthetic Oil (I believe that this is a Synthetic blend, for the V6's, and I think the V8's need full Synthetic).

I did not opt for the RS Package so my wheels/tires are: P245/55-R18 all the way around, but a dealership should have known the troubles with a front-to-back rotation with tires like what you have. They can only be side-to-side rotated provided that they aren't "directional" tires, then they can't be moved at all.

Rudy, from TireRack.com, is someone else you should talk to on here...he's great! There should be a Tires section on here where you can easily find him.

Either change dealers, or go with a reputable private garage. I've known my "private" guy since High School and I wouldn't trade him in for anything.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Would of stopped dealing with them after the oil incident. Esp since lies were involved and not just incompetence.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
This would be me venting.
So I have a 2012 1LT/RS A6. I brought it to my local dealership yesterday because I’m having problems with my torque converter, its been sputtering and causing an awful shake when I want to slowly accelerate on the highway (yay). After two people and two test drives they noticed it and ordered a new one that’s getting put in later this week

I also just hit 15,000 miles on my car and the dealership had the whole service plan to go with that, being checking the linkages, changing the cabin filter, and whatnot. So I decided I would get it because it’s better to be safe than sorry. Well while they did all that, THEY DECIDED TO ROTATE MY TIRES! I wasn’t told about the tire rotation, but today I was walking to my car and I thought my front tires looked awfully fat. Then I noticed I had 275/40-20’s on my fronts. So I called the service manager and told him about the mess up and past problems. So he sent out two techs to come to my work, pick up my car, un-rotate my tires, and bring it back.

So now I’m nervous about them changing the torque converter on my car! If they can’t notice tires how can I let them do that job? Do you guys need to state EVERY TIME that you don’t want your tires rotated or something?

Also I’m thinking about just dropping them all together. I hate that thought because they are so convenient to me. But I’ve had them lie to me about what oil went into my car and that was a fun battle. ( I was told dexos was standard to the v6 and I wasn’t ballsy enough to make the full synthetic plunge so it was fine with me. But when I asked if I got dexos on my second oil change they said “Oh yeah of course” yet my bill showed just a standard mineral oil. They lied to me saying it was a billing error and I should be lucky I didn’t have to pay full price. I continually asked them until I caught them in their circle of lies and have them admit that standard mineral oil was put it.
I’m just pissed with them.
I'm curious as to what your receipt actually said to make you think you got standard oil?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #20
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
That Dealer RULES!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I do apologize for the dissatisfaction you have with your dealership. I have documented your concern in a database here in which many departments of GM can access the information. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Just one more reason I love this site. The Chevy Team is watching.

It is always a shame when the techs working at the dealer do not know the car. That was one of the first things I noted - the two different wheel and tire sizes front/back.

My prior car was a Ford Probe. While the front and rear wheels were the same on that car, the right and left were different (miiror images actually), so you cannot swap left and right wheels. Combine that with unidirectional tires and 7 out of 8 tire replacements were messed it up. After the first foul up I informed the tire place ahead of time that they CANNOT SWAP LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE. When they do, they actually need to dismount the tires on the two wheels and move them and rebalance. At least these were just tire guys, not the dealer, and unidirectional wheels are pretty unusual.

I would change dealers. Next time they may forget the lug nuts.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #22
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Page 10-60 in the owners manual. You rotate them side to side every 7500 miles.

If they put them back in the original spots, they still have the tire rotation screwed up. The manual shows how to do the side to side rotation for cars with different sizes, and the traditional front to back criss cross on cars with same size tires.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #23
HP Turbine
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I'm curious as to what your receipt actually said to make you think you got standard oil?
well the oil change bill was like $27 or something, quite the give away. I didn't notice because I also had them do the nitrogen tire fill which was like $30.

I'm just worried about my torque converter. I had them order the replacement to be put in, but I feel like they'll blow my car up or something. What the hell do I do about this?

If I go to another dealer now, won't I have to do the whole "believe me, there is a problem with my car" plea, then wait again for a part?

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Page 10-60 in the owners manual. You rotate them side to side every 7500 miles.

If they put them back in the original spots, they still have the tire rotation screwed up. The manual shows how to do the side to side rotation for cars with different sizes, and the traditional front to back criss cross on cars with same size tires.
+1
Old 06-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Wow, I was thinking they were one of the better dealers around here. Must have been a new in the service department that came over from Honda or Toyota.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #26
HP Turbine
Boosted

Quote:
Wow, I was thinking they were one of the better dealers around here. Must have been a new in the service department that came over from Honda or Toyota.

Yeah I thought they seemed like a good dealership too, but now I'm in the market for a new one.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #27
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
I was thinking that's where you went. Awful service department.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #28
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
They sell SAAB too. Nice sales guys though. But I buy for service not the sales experience, within limits of course.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote