Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Miami85555

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2013 2SS/RS
Camaro Kooks Long Tube Header Tune

Hey guys,

I am having kooks long tube headers installed very soon here and I have some tuning concerns. I have no dyno in the area that I know of so if anyone lives in the State College, PA area and know of a dyno tuner let me know. If not, I'm going to have to do an Email tune. Does anyone know of a good person to go to for an Email tune? Also, is there a downside to an Email tune? I have a diablo tuner and read that I should switch to an SCT tuner because they're better in whatever ways.... Is that true? Any other suggestion you may have to get maximum HP out of these long tube headers would be helpful.

Thank you!
Miami85555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
No dyno then 3rd gear pulls to redline (on a closed road of course) while datalogging.

I use HPTuners so I don't know the logging capabilities of your setup.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #3
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Corvette Camaro GTO CTS tuner in Tampa Orlando

If you know someone that has the HP Tuners calibration platform, I sell Mail Order calibrations. Check out our website for pricing.

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami85555 View Post
Hey guys,

I am having kooks long tube headers installed very soon here and I have some tuning concerns. I have no dyno in the area that I know of so if anyone lives in the State College, PA area and know of a dyno tuner let me know. If not, I'm going to have to do an Email tune. Does anyone know of a good person to go to for an Email tune? Also, is there a downside to an Email tune? I have a diablo tuner and read that I should switch to an SCT tuner because they're better in whatever ways.... Is that true? Any other suggestion you may have to get maximum HP out of these long tube headers would be helpful.

Thank you!
The SCT is just different. There are a couple tuners on here that use the Diablo platform. I can only think of one that use SCT.

Matt@FSP (florida speed and power) can get you taken care of with what you already have. He's a great guy and great tuner.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
Patten

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS Inferno Orange
OP, I went to Ted at Jannetty Racing, nothing but good things from Ted. You buy the Tuner and the tune you want on the website and about three days later you have your SCT handheld and your new tune file is emailed to you. I originally had an HP tune on a Dyno but my car would not pass the OBDII IM test for emissions, Ted was able to correct everything and the car runs amazing! (And passes emissions)
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
Miami85555

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patten View Post
OP, I went to Ted at Jannetty Racing, nothing but good things from Ted. You buy the Tuner and the tune you want on the website and about three days later you have your SCT handheld and your new tune file is emailed to you. I originally had an HP tune on a Dyno but my car would not pass the OBDII IM test for emissions, Ted was able to correct everything and the car runs amazing! (And passes emissions)
This is what I recently did. Just ordered a tune from Ted. We'll see how it goes when I get it.
Miami85555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Patten

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
This is what I recently did. Just ordered a tune from Ted. We'll see how it goes when I get it.
Nice!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
ZL1Naboz
ZL1Naboz

Drives: '13 ZL1, ‘53 Chevy Pickup, ‘22 GMC
Quote:
How'd it turn out?
ZL1Naboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patten View Post
Quote:
Thank you for your orders, I appreciate you choosing JRE for your Build projects.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote