Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 12-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #29
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8Y View Post
That's weird maybe it's new a need some breaking in.i had sometimes problems with the first gear (sometimes I had to engage any other gear before I can engage it) but never the second.Good luck

on other topic do you think I should change the Tremec oil after the break in period? I'm going to change the axle as it recommended by the Manual but doesn't say about the transmission what I know is for manual you don't change the oil just increase it but some members here did it?

I think your right about breaking in. I was driving it yesterday and today and it seems to be getting better. Maybe i just forgot to drive after 1 month of the car being in the garage waiting for the new gear!

Im not too sure about transmision oil , but ive been seeing 'royal purple' pop up every now and again on the forum. Supposedly does wonders. Research it. It might be worth it.

And what do you mean by change the axle as recomended?? the axle is the shaft holding the right and left wheels together ! I think you might be mixing it up with something else
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 AM   #30
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
I think your right about breaking in. I was driving it yesterday and today and it seems to be getting better. Maybe i just forgot to drive after 1 month of the car being in the garage waiting for the new gear!

Im not too sure about transmision oil , but ive been seeing 'royal purple' pop up every now and again on the forum. Supposedly does wonders. Research it. It might be worth it.

And what do you mean by change the axle as recomended?? the axle is the shaft holding the right and left wheels together ! I think you might be mixing it up with something else
Oops sorry I meant the rear axle lubricant (differential oil). I went to the dealer shop and asked them for the manual trans you don't have to change the trans oil or the clutch oil unless you suspect a leak.for the differenial oil they don't recommend changing it should last upto 80,000km for normal driving unless you enter a race which last for several hours.
Glade to hear your car is improving but try to do the fuse pull I did it on mine with battery disconnected and for some wreird reason it improved the shifting especially when it's cold, no change in performance though

Last edited by Q8Y; 12-14-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Q8Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #31
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8Y View Post
Oops sorry I meant the rear axle lubricant (differential oil). I went to the dealer shop and asked them for the manual trans you don't have to change the trans oil or the clutch oil unless you suspect a leak.for the differenial oil they don't recommend changing it should last upto 80,000km for normal driving unless you enter a race which last for several hours.
Glade to hear your car is improving but try to do the fuse pull I did it on mine with battery disconnected and for some wreird reason it improved the shifting especially when it's cold, no change in performance although

For the ls3 I think all you need to do is disconnect the battery not pull fuse. I will try it.

And research the royal purple. it supposedly does wonders! Lots of people change it as soon as they buy the car!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #32
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
first time hearing about "royal purple"... what is it? and does it apply to 1LT? or only manual transmission camaros?
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #33
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
Alssiri

what are those rims you have , they look fantastic.
Mashkour AlSuwaidi they are Venti Plus 22x9.5 got them from Houston,TX.
I just got my car today from Jabal Ali port at last man .

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gear, output shaft, problems