Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Are you having any clutch related issues?
No problems with my clutch. 150 63.83%
I have problems with my clutch / possibly going to dealer. 85 36.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #43
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
i had my clutch stick half way up today. But it was from trying to do a burn out and forgot to turn off T/C. when the T/C activated i quit letting up on the clutch thinking wtf and it got stuck and smelled burnt. I realize it was probably my fault but would check on here anyhow to see if anyone else has experianced this. It was fine the rest of the trip back to work however. If it happens again I will be taking it to the dealer.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #44
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
The clutch and its feel on these things are terrible. You should not have to get used to squat, and yes I know how to drive a stick---competitiviely. This clutch is a pain in the a$$.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #45
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Yep at first the clutch was a little touchy but I thought it was me .....But the clutch lets say has become seasoned now just a coulpe of burnouts and churpping 2nd here and there no problems very smooth and lots of grab when I need it..
Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #46
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I think mine will be fixed right, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=78079&page=3

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #47
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
No problems 9000 miles vin#2908 with lots of mods...730hp
Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #48
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
Mine did it this last weekend, went to to go at a light and pedal hardly came up from the floor.

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #49
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Mine is at the dealer since yesterday. new clutch should be done by tomorrow. So far, results from others getting their new parts is looking good!
TSB GM!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #50
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Mine is at the dealer since yesterday. new clutch should be done by tomorrow. So far, results from others getting their new parts is looking good!
TSB GM!!
mine was at dealer 2 and half days they did nothing but tell me that GM techs said if they cant duplicate then dont do anything. I put 11K miles and only happened once (well I told them 3 times) but still I doubt it duplicate on a 3 mile drive.
Well I little annoyed because slipping like this will cause clutch to wear out fast.
Im getting supercharger so i wont have stock clutch long but its just the thought.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #51
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The problem is - no bulletin.

Look at all these situations where the dealer takes a quick drive, no problem found - have a nice day.

With intermittent problems like the clutch pedal sticking near the floor, they need a bulletin or the tech is just going to scratch his head and shrug his shoulders.

They should put a bulletin out there that explains exactly what the fix is and what the new part numbers are.... There are new part numbers out there that you might stumble upon. But it would be nice if there were a bulletin that takes all the dealer BS out of it. Instead of them blaming the driver or some aftermarket mods, you could just say - read this, known problem, do this bulletin please and quit finding excuses not to fix it.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #52
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Yeah...the "finding excuses not to fix it" part is wearing thin.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #53
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Well, just called the dealer and my baby is ready! She mentioned that it was dusty from sitting there 3 days and it my my choice if they wanted to clean her. NO Thank you! No idea how she turned out, but I'll update after I pick her up in a few hours. I will take some time putting some miles on her before I do any aggressive launches I will also ask for the full parts list...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 04-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #54
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
You forgot the box "I think i can drive stick, but really can't, so i blame it on the car"

Mine has gotten stuck twice, and I only blame myself (being a first time manual driver).

Most of these problems I've been reading about are user error.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #55
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

I agree...when I left off the clutch from shifting from 1st to 2nd, and it sticks 1/2 way up, it must be that my foot is still on it!

I've been driving a stick probably for more years than you're alive! No user error when it sticks, or has the burning smell when I'm not touching it...

Good try!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #56
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
I agree...when I left off the clutch from shifting from 1st to 2nd, and it sticks 1/2 way up, it must be that my foot is still on it!

I've been driving a stick probably for more years than you're alive! No user error when it sticks, or has the burning smell when I'm not touching it...

Good try!
I know what you are talking about. It's happened to me too.

Both times I gave it too much gas before letting go of the clutch. Maybe we shouldnt be talking about what is happening but how, in order to determine whether it really is user error or a problem.

In both of my instances it was user error.