Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Best Decision?

Well I really want a Camaro 2SS, A couple have been sold from under me, and I had to pass up a Black 2SS because the dealer decided to make an unfair Mark-Up making a $37,000 Camaro nearly $50,000 ... I want the car, but IDK when GM will fully release the car. BTW im in Southern California an still havent seen a Camaro on the streets but all have been sold and the dealers are only expecting to get them within months ... I attend CSULA and the only time I will be able to purchase the car is on the weekends while the car is being sold on weekdays as soon as it hits the lot ... It feels like I will never get the oppurtunity to buy the car I want but I just want other opinions ... Should I wait or start looking for a new car???
Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
WAIT!!
It's only been on the road for what? Two weeks??
So be a little patient. The opportunity will come, and come again.
I'm holding out for a 2SS no matter what. And further.. a 6spd 2SS/RS in Silver Ice!

I'll have absolutely nothing else!
Picky? I have the right to be! Afterall.. I AM buying a CAMARO!

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
mwoodengr
Clueless Member

Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
I think you are going about this the wrong way. Call you local dealers and let them know that you will buy the car if it comes in the trim package you want. Once they get one on the lot, they will call you with a price, most likely over MSRP by $3-15k, if that works for you tell them its yours and you will pick it up on the weekend.
Thinking you are going to just stroll into a dealership and buy one right now is crazy, there are well over 10,000 people that pre-ordered and still waiting for their car before you. Maybe in 2-3 months you can do that, but not now.

Search the forum and you will see how others purchased cars that were not pre-ordered, but almost always contacted the dealer before the car came in.

Original order - Cancelled
1100 = 11/15/2009
New Order
1100 = Preliminary Order: 1/26/2009
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/27/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 6/16/2009
3800 = Produced: ?
4150 = Invoiced: ?
4200 = Shipped: 7/3/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/2009
6000 = 7/18/2009

Last edited by mwoodengr; 05-16-2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: revised text
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
Well I really want a Camaro 2SS, A couple have been sold from under me, and I had to pass up a Black 2SS because the dealer decided to make an unfair Mark-Up making a $37,000 Camaro nearly $50,000 ... I want the car, but IDK when GM will fully release the car. BTW im in Southern California an still havent seen a Camaro on the streets but all have been sold and the dealers are only expecting to get them within months ... I attend CSULA and the only time I will be able to purchase the car is on the weekends while the car is being sold on weekdays as soon as it hits the lot ... It feels like I will never get the oppurtunity to buy the car I want but I just want other opinions ... Should I wait or start looking for a new car???
Dude, what dealerships have you been working with? I'm local to the South Bay... currently waiting for my car to be delivered.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Dude...wait. We've been waiting for years. Waiting until you get what YOU want is the best decision. There will be the opportunity.......YOU know it and YOU just have to have patience!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'll have absolutely nothing else!
Picky? I have the right to be! Afterall.. I AM buying a CAMARO![/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
MaroSS
ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoodengr View Post
I think you are going about this the wrong way. Call you local dealers and let them know that you will buy the car if it comes in the trim package you want. Once they get one on the lot, they will call you with a price, most likely over MSRP by $3-15k, if that works for you tell them its yours and you will pick it up on the weekend.
Thinking you are going to just stroll into a dealership and buy one right now is crazy, there are well over 10,000 people that pre-ordered and still waiting for their car before you. Maybe in 2-3 months you can do that, but not now.

Search the forum and you will see how others purchased cars that were not pre-ordered, but almost always contacted the dealer before the car came in.
Thats exactly what I have done ... When the first V6 came to Martin Chevrolet I immediately went in to view it ... The sales rep said would I like to get a Camaro and I told him I would like the 2SS package. Once that was said, he wrote my name down on a list and he said he would call me when he got a better ETA ... I call back one day before the weekend arrived and another sales rep told me the car was sold on that Tuesday ... I always call before the car even arrives at the dealers, they take my name down and the car gets sold every Tuesday it seems like but have still recieved no call from all the dealers I have talked to.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
blakeequalshyphy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
Thats exactly what I have done ... When the first V6 came to Martin Chevrolet I immediately went in to view it ... The sales rep said would I like to get a Camaro and I told him I would like the 2SS package. Once that was said, he wrote my name down on a list and he said he would call me when he got a better ETA ... I call back one day before the weekend arrived and another sales rep told me the car was sold on that Tuesday ... I always call before the car even arrives at the dealers, they take my name down and the car gets sold every Tuesday it seems like but have still recieved no call from all the dealers I have talked to.
i got my car yesterday from Martin Chevrolet. From what they said, they should be getting a few more this week. Oh and that car your talking about that Tuesday was in the dealership for a total of 15mins they said
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Hmmmmmmmmm

Order one?

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Unless you want to fork out $$, you won't be able to get one any time soon. If you order w/ money down, it'll be like X-mas or something like that.
Best bet is to buy the LTs that are dealer cars, but it'll still be pricey and won't be an SS. An you can imagine what the dealer price is on an SS...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
OUCH!!!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
MaroSS
ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Dude, what dealerships have you been working with? I'm local to the South Bay... currently waiting for my car to be delivered.
Martin Chevrolet (Which in my opinion they are the WORST!!!!!!!), Cormier Chevrolet, Harbor Chevrolet, S&J Chevrolet, Power Chevrolet, George Chevrolet.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
MaroSS
ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
i got my car yesterday from Martin Chevrolet. From what they said, they should be getting a few more this week. Oh and that car your talking about that Tuesday was in the dealership for a total of 15mins they said
Well there were two that was sold from there right? or was that the same Orange and Black one they been had?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
MaroSS
ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm

Order one?

LabRat
I wanted to order today but most have said they have filled up all their orders or like Martin Chevrolet are going by 1st come 1st Serve or just dont know how many cars they are getting in so arent making orders.... but none seem like they have no clue about the car anymore since they been selling them.