Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
gdheri

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Unhappy problem with tuning please help

Hi all i hope someone car help me with the problem im having with my car. I just got custom tune from Jannettyracing.com. The tune is for long tube cold air intake and exhaust. After i put the tune in i can really feel the extra gain and my engine check light is gonne, but now my car takes about 2 to 3 seconds longer to start. I email jannettyracing.com Ted there told me to disconnect the battery for 10 min and i did that. Well car start fine but my engine check for cats came back on, so i download the tune to car again. Check engine is gonne again but car taking longer to start again. Is anyone out there experienced same problem with there car? Please help thanks all
gdheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
From what ive heard Ted will take care of you, whatever your problem is, he really knows 5th gens, so let him help you out
Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
gdheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
From what ive heard Ted will take care of you, whatever your problem is, he really knows 5th gens, so let him help you out
thanks hes looking into it as of yesterday hopefully some ans by tuesday
Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
ParkerB57
COTW 11/12/12

Drives: 1SS RS IBM
In my experiance when u upload a new tune the car will be slow to start for the first few starts then go back to normal, how many times have u started and restarted it
Old 09-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
I've been told this is only on the first time you start the car after you upload the tune. I myself know that's not true from my experience using HP tuners to tune my car.

What fixed it for me was a simple little sequence of things:
First you upload the tune. Turn the car on, shut it off again. Hard to start correct?
Turn the key to the one position. Open the door and close it. Wait til the dome light goes out, then count to ten slowly. Start the car and it should start normally now. Worked like a champ for my car.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Run4two

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
Coyotekiller,
You might have come up with a real winner. Where did you hear of this? It can't be trial and error.
Run4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
gdheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerB57 View Post
In my experiance when u upload a new tune the car will be slow to start for the first few starts then go back to normal, how many times have u started and restarted it
Atleast 10 or more time
Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
gdheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I've been told this is only on the first time you start the car after you upload the tune. I myself know that's not true from my experience using HP tuners to tune my car.

What fixed it for me was a simple little sequence of things:
First you upload the tune. Turn the car on, shut it off again. Hard to start correct?
Turn the key to the one position. Open the door and close it. Wait til the dome light goes out, then count to ten slowly. Start the car and it should start normally now. Worked like a champ for my car.
Thanks for advise I will try that
Old 09-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
The hard to start after uploading issue is well known and well documented among tuners. You do not have to go through any Up Down Up Down Left Right Left Right A B A B Select Start routines to make it easy to start.

All you need to do is turn the key off and wait 15 seconds. If you want to stand on one foot and chant while you wait, it might be fun, I guess. Or you can just hard start it once and go on about your day.

If you have a CEL for cats (it would be much better if you post the actual code) then either something may be plugged in or screwed in wrong or it could be in the tune (don't see why JRE would miss something like that though, good rep)...
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4two View Post
Coyotekiller,
You might have come up with a real winner. Where did you hear of this? It can't be trial and error.
I found it on HP tuners forum. I thought it was bull too but it worked on my car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
The hard to start after uploading issue is well known and well documented among tuners. You do not have to go through any Up Down Up Down Left Right Left Right A B A B Select Start routines to make it easy to start.

All you need to do is turn the key off and wait 15 seconds. If you want to stand on one foot and chant while you wait, it might be fun, I guess. Or you can just hard start it once and go on about your day.

If you have a CEL for cats (it would be much better if you post the actual code) then either something may be plugged in or screwed in wrong or it could be in the tune (don't see why JRE would miss something like that though, good rep)...
Apparently you do. Explain to me why nothing else fixed my hard start but that little routine did? I didnt believe it either but it worked.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Apparently you do. Explain to me why nothing else fixed my hard start but that little routine did? I didnt believe it either but it worked.
cause it takes 15 seconds to go through those motions! I flash my ECM at least once every other day and the 15 second rule works every time. normally though, i just hard start it once and go on about my day. whatever works for ya, just do that. it doesn't really matter, does it? all i am saying is that it is not some secret code to get around the issue.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

Wait. What? That code doesn't work on our Camaros??

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Wait. What? That code doesn't work on our Camaros??

Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

When I retune my car again for the idle issue, I'll check on your 15 second theory.