Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
Maggie408

Drives: 2010 camaro
Hard starting

So I trade my c6 for a 2010 camaro. Nothing special just a Sd 408 long block with a Maggie. Runs great except it won't restart easy after driving for about an hour. Tune was done by torq. With ID 850. Am I supposed to live with this? Anyone else have this problem? My c6 had a A and A on it and ran perfect with a mail order tune. I don't get it. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Maggie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I understand that you have quite the mods but this may steer you in the right direction. My buddy had the same thing happen to him.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246992
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Maggie408

So I talked to my new tuner , He said its the spray pattern of the injector that is not right for my set up and that is why its so hard to start. Im taking it up to Tampa this weekend, lets see what he says
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
What injectors are you running?
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedestech View Post
What injectors are you running?

ID 850s according to OP
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
What has Torq suggested as a solution?
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Maggie408

Torq doesn't even call me back, three messages no call, he looses, since I bought the car from a dealer i really didnt expect anything anyway. i would of paid for a new tune. I'm not impressed with so Florida tuners anyway. so I'm taking it to faster proms in Lutz fl. If he can't fix it I'm going with the Bosch racing 92lb injector , and putting the ID's up for sale. And if that don't work I'll just punt.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
ID 850s according to OP
sorry missed that somehow
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie408 View Post
Torq doesn't even call me back, three messages no call, he looses, since I bought the car from a dealer i really didnt expect anything anyway. i would of paid for a new tune. I'm not impressed with so Florida tuners anyway. so I'm taking it to faster proms in Lutz fl. If he can't fix it I'm going with the Bosch racing 92lb injector , and putting the ID's up for sale. And if that don't work I'll just punt.
Please provide me with your contact number as we did not have any voicemails referencing this (you can PM me) and I am not aware of a 408cid with a Maggie and those injectors that we built/tuned. The issue could be starter related, which is a huge problem with this kind of setup or something in the tune needing to be tweaked. We are happy to take care of it today for you or anytime and I can guarantee it will be 110%

Last edited by Meister@Torq; 10-19-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
Meister@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie408 View Post
So I talked to my new tuner , He said its the spray pattern of the injector that is not right for my set up and that is why its so hard to start. Im taking it up to Tampa this weekend, lets see what he says
This is 100% false. We have tuned many of these combos with radical camshafts and motors without any issues. We always stand behind our work and were not aware of it to fix it. My apologies but as I said we can fix it and no need to go anywhere else
Old 10-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Meister@Torq

After discussing this with the customer via PM (and I am sure he will chime in) it seems he has been duped by a dealer. The motor, he was told is stock, and he seemed to have retracted his statement about us tuning the car. As mentioned earlier, this did not sound like a car we tuned and after cross referencing our records nothing of that combination matched customer or dyno history nor did the car having tuning or starting issues.

We had asked multiple times for partial telephone information to lookup call history to see if we were having phone issues causing missed voicemails as we had no such voicemails we left...maybe this was also a mistake as we do our very best to return all calls the same business day.

Best of luck to the OP in getting his issues sorted out.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
After discussing this with the customer via PM (and I am sure he will chime in) it seems he has been duped by a dealer. The motor, he was told is stock, and he seemed to have retracted his statement about us tuning the car. As mentioned earlier, this did not sound like a car we tuned and after cross referencing our records nothing of that combination matched customer or dyno history nor did the car having tuning or starting issues.

We had asked multiple times for partial telephone information to lookup call history to see if we were having phone issues causing missed voicemails as we had no such voicemails we left...maybe this was also a mistake as we do our very best to return all calls the same business day.

Best of luck to the OP in getting his issues sorted out.
I knew something here didn't sound right, Torq is a great bunch of people. OP they will make your car right now that you have discovered the truth.
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
SAD

Sad that this appears to be happening more often on the site.It is too bad that people cannot step back and take a deep breath prior to going off on a individual or business.I am not a sponsor nor do I defend someone getting screwed over in a transaction .But things like this effect individuals and business reputations.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
Maggie408

Ok sorry my torq, after a bunch of calls to the dealer, which ill mention later. Turns out the salesman knew the hp market in Miami, he told me the car was bought by them directly from the customer. Turns out it was bought at an auction. It has a stock 6.0 not a sd 408. Looks like the heads have been off and it does have a Maggie. I bought the car for the right money regardless. So first thing is I'm driving up to Tampa to meet my son who has the car up there. Then I'm going to Ferman Chevrolet to trade it on a pure stock 2012 he has up there. If I make that deal and feel like modding it I will bring it to Torq for a blower as he was blamed for something he didn't do. But, the dealer used his name to bulshit me. Lol . I hate used car guys! What's funny is he Cuban like me and usually we don't lie to each other. No big deal its just a car.

Tags
erik@torq, meister@torq