Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Speagle

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Eibach guys I need help

I drive my car on the street. I am not concerned with track days or shaving fractions of seconds off of my times. I am looking to drop the car about an inch but am worried about the effect on ride quality. Eibach pro plus seem like a great way to achieve this goal but I would love some feedback before I make a purchase.
Speagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Look's great .. the ride, not so much. If i had the money i'd go with the coilovers. I only drive this car on the weekend so i just deal with the ride.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Speagle

Coil overs simply aren't an option. I only drive mine a few times a month.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
For the same money I would suggest BMR 1 inch springs. They offer a better ride than the Eibachs.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Any drop spring will give you a slightly stiffer/firmer ride.If installed properly there is no bounce,no noise,etc. I think the ride quality is just fine with the Eibach springs......as with most other brands of drop springs as well.

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/fenemij/DS****30.jpg[/IMG]
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Speagle

Thanks alot for the input. I think I will go ahead with the eibachs.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #7
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Any drop spring you go with is going to give you a stiffer ride, PERIOD. The question is, what is too harsh for you. I have the Pfadt springs and really like the added stiffness. I felt the OEM springs had too much spring to them. Since ride quality is different for everyone, you'll need to ride in a few lowered cars to see what feels good to you.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
^^^ true just do not ride in a German stock lowered vehicle. Their cars ride so good and sit real low. Every car I have ever owned has a 1.25-1.50" drop. Please do not forget its a Chevy Camaro not a AMG-Benz, M-series BMW or S-line Audi !!!
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Any drop spring you go with is going to give you a stiffer ride, PERIOD. The question is, what is too harsh for you. I have the Pfadt springs and really like the added stiffness. I felt the OEM springs had too much spring to them. Since ride quality is different for everyone, you'll need to ride in a few lowered cars to see what feels good to you.
The SS delivers at 694mm front and 700mm rear measuring from the lower wheel lip, up through the wheel center and to the painted edge of the fender. The lower you go the worse the ride will become as jounce travel will disappear.

Pedders SportsRyder lowering coils. Our SportsRyder lowering coils will work on both the six and the eight with a 657mm front ride height (1.4" drop) and either 675mm (1" Drop) or 660mm (1.57" Drop) rear ride height. These are no ordinary coils. These are coils manufactured to Pedders standards of +/- 1mm. Each coil is fully scragged and height verified before it is placed in a Pedders box. Coils that literally do not measure up are discarded as junk, not reworked. Coils that fail this test are not reworked. They are shipped out as scrap metal. When you purchase a Pedders Camaro Coil Set you have purchased what some brands would call a race matched set.

Our coils are designed to work with the OE dampers and bumpstops. Ride quality is not OE but it is certainly not boy racer. Most would say ride quality is close to OE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeZee View Post
^^^ true just do not ride in a German stock lowered vehicle. Their cars ride so good and sit real low. Every car I have ever owned has a 1.25-1.50" drop. Please do not forget its a Chevy Camaro not a AMG-Benz, M-series BMW or S-line Audi !!!
The fastest production sedan to run the Ring is a Cadillac CTS-V. The Pedders USA Camaros is faster on track than a CTS-V RACE CAR ON SLICK. The ZETA II Camaro in full street trim on Bridgestone RE-11 STREET tires weighing in at 4,183 pounds is faster on a road course than a CTS-V. Look at the lap times. You'll be amazed at what a Camaro can do.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote