Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2010camaross View Post
I'm not looking for an answer. There really is no answer, I'm looking for some feedback. Once again, my dealer barely knows what I know about this car.
OK, feedback. I really find it hard to beleive that a dealer would use ALL of 17 allacations in 1 week. I just ordered mine at a dealer who has 15 allacations on Feb 23rd and I was number 3.

I'm not saying that they didn't, but it sure does stand out on the 'gut' meter.

After that, I would think yours will be the last one. If I was GM I would pull the orders in order of order..................that sounded weird.................and I would certainly not put a 1SS in front of a 2SS.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #16
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
yeah, maybe, but do you really think there going to go in order? I don't think there going to build one because its first or even 5th at a certain dealership. I mean, I would not think they would change out the color on the production line just because a guy is 3rd in Texas and he want s a blue camaro.Their not going to make one, one color just because its a certain number at a dealership. And yeah its crazy, that 17 were ordered in a week. I do not think my dealer is lying, I have known him for almost 10 years, but he really does not know too much about the car inregards to when and where.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #17
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Read and initiate
I ordered my 1ss,(currently has no constraints) on October 20, 2008. I was told there was 17 allocations, and mine was no. 17. To me, that is impressive for the dealership.(Lynn Smith in Burleson.)However, my order is the only 1ss at the dealership. All the other orders are 2ss. Do you think I will get mine last?
Ok, lets make this short and sweet.

1st off- I believe your dealer is FOS. He didn't actually place all 17 orders in the first week.

2nd- on the off chance that he actually did, yes, if you're number 17, you'll have yours last. Why is that even a question? 1 comes before 2, 2 comes before 3, 3 comes before 4...

1SS vs 2SS really isn't differentiating anything.

Sorry to be so blunt but why sugarcoat anything?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #18
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I dont know why you get all your panties in a bunch with me man, you cant take sarcasm dont pm me and be an ass
Grow up and cut back on the sarcasm, that will get people mad, please refer to this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14547

Quote:
Read and initiate
I ordered my 1ss,(currently has no constraints) on October 20, 2008. I was told there was 17 allocations, and mine was no. 17. To me, that is impressive for the dealership.(Lynn Smith in Burleson.)However, my order is the only 1ss at the dealership. All the other orders are 2ss. Do you think I will get mine last?
In all Honesty, you'll get your Camaro based upon your Priority # at the dealership and since you were the last allocation, then you'll possibly get it last. Would check with general manager there at the dealership to confirm. All pre-orders are to be delivered by Oct though.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #19
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Grow up and cut back on the sarcasm, that will get people mad, please refer to this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14547

In all Honesty, you'll get your Camaro based upon your Priority # at the dealership and since you were the last allocation, then you'll possibly get it last. Would check with general manager there at the dealership to confirm. All pre-orders are to be delivered by Oct though.
No, ArcAngel's right in this case. Everyone shouldn't have to go "G" rated and sing "It's a small, small world". The thread you refer to is in direct relationship to RESPECT. There was no respect violated here.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
yeah, maybe, but do you really think there going to go in order? I don't think there going to build one because its first or even 5th at a certain dealership. I mean, I would not think they would change out the color on the production line just because a guy is 3rd in Texas and he want s a blue camaro.Their not going to make one, one color just because its a certain number at a dealership. And yeah its crazy, that 17 were ordered in a week. I do not think my dealer is lying, I have known him for almost 10 years, but he really does not know too much about the car inregards to when and where.
They can change the color for the different cars coming down the line. A yellow one here, next a red, next 2 blacks then a couple blues, etc...........
At least that's the way I understood it. Anyone?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #21
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
They can change the color for the different cars coming down the line. A yellow one here, next a red, next 2 blacks then a couple blues, etc...........
At least that's the way I understood it. Anyone?
Depends on timing. If I am correct they'll have a holding area before the pant that they stack up a couple orders of the same color etc.. They'll probably be all different colors but collect in different lines to go into paint... not sure though.

would be nice for a plant worker to chime in and see..
Old 03-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #22
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
OK, feedback. I really find it hard to beleive that a dealer would use ALL of 17 allacations in 1 week. I just ordered mine at a dealer who has 15 allacations on Feb 23rd and I was number 3.

I'm not saying that they didn't, but it sure does stand out on the 'gut' meter.

After that, I would think yours will be the last one. If I was GM I would pull the orders in order of order..................that sounded weird.................and I would certainly not put a 1SS in front of a 2SS.
My dealer used up almost 20 the first day. I ordered at 11am on Oct.13th and I'm #10.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #23
My new Camaro

Drives: 2500 hd
well i have a thread about a 370z and i need some g**d*** opinions so go read it. thanks and have a nice day
My new Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
DUDE are you kidding^^^
Old 03-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #25
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
^^^Someone feeling neglected?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #26
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
What is going on lol lol!!!! ^^^
Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #27
my2010camaross
ss

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Ok, lets make this short and sweet.

1st off- I believe your dealer is FOS. He didn't actually place all 17 orders in the first week.

2nd- on the off chance that he actually did, yes, if you're number 17, you'll have yours last. Why is that even a question? 1 comes before 2, 2 comes before 3, 3 comes before 4...

1SS vs 2SS really isn't differentiating anything.

Sorry to be so blunt but why sugarcoat anything?
1st - My dealer is not FOS, all 17 were taken the very first week.

And yes, there is a difference between 1ss vs 2ss: parts, demand, material. This will all play factor in some sort of way.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #28
my2010camaross
ss

txturbo, I don't really think these guys know how Texas does it. Saying that, I dont know if some is telling me to grow up, I dont think I really said anything sarcastic. I really just want some feedback and hear some opinions.