Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
L99 A6 guys, tranny question

I have just recently started getting on my car since I broke the 500 mile mark and had the oil changed

One thing I have noticed regardless of tranny mode is that if you go WOT and then let off abruptly it tends to stay in the gear its in (just like its in manual mode) and wont upshift or downshift unless, A- you run the gear up to redline or B- you wait a solid 3-4 seconds until the rpms drop and then it will shift or C- throw in into manual mode and upshift or downshift it

The car shifts fine under normal driving conditions, it will shift perfectly on WOT runs (pending you stay in it)

Anyone with an A6 notice the same thing?

I'm not running to the dealer with it yet but I did leave a message and the miles the car has currently so if at a future date I decide to have it looked at..............
Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Not had that problem or haven't noticed. I do 'hear' the tranny a little.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
I have just recently started getting on my car since I broke the 500 mile mark and had the oil changed

One thing I have noticed regardless of tranny mode is that if you go WOT and then let off abruptly it tends to stay in the gear its in (just like its in manual mode) and wont upshift or downshift unless, A- you run the gear up to redline or B- you wait a solid 3-4 seconds until the rpms drop and then it will shift or C- throw in into manual mode and upshift or downshift it

The car shifts fine under normal driving conditions, it will shift perfectly on WOT runs (pending you stay in it)

Anyone with an A6 notice the same thing?

I'm not running to the dealer with it yet but I did leave a message and the miles the car has currently so if at a future date I decide to have it looked at..............
It is programmed to do that on purpose. The more aggressive you are, the more it will hold the gear, as opposed to upshifting when you really dont want it to, then having to downshift again when you go to floor it a few seconds later. Change over to sport mode, and this effect is even more pronounced, at least it is on our CTS.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know what you're talking about. My automatic GTO's did it when I would mash the gas and then a second later quickly lift up on the gas. The transmission gets confused and doesn't know what to do so it just waits a few seconds before it makes up its mind.

I think my L99 A6 has done it maybe once for the same reason.

Every Automatic I've owned (even my dad's new Toyota SUV and my Mom's Lexus) does it occasionally. But if its happening all the time, you might have an issue that needs to be looked into.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Mine has done it about 6 times.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
It is programmed to do that on purpose. The more aggressive you are, the more it will hold the gear, as opposed to upshifting when you really dont want it to, then having to downshift again when you go to floor it a few seconds later. Change over to sport mode, and this effect is even more pronounced, at least it is on our CTS.
Ditto, even my 1993 Z28 does this. It is normal.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
I've had alot of cars over the years, I know you can "confuse" almost any tranny but it seems this one does it alot, it is more prevelent in sport mode than in plain D

It has hit every shift 100% upshifting so its not like its slipping or even falling out of gear (ie going to up shift and then banging down a gear)

I'm sure to most people they would never notice but I can be aggressive with my driving, I will continue to keep an eye on it

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
that sounds good to me, it sounds like a more performance tranny that would be better for track conditions just like driving a manual you can have better control especially while turning in a curve
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote