Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
More Aggressive Spoiler on the 1LE?

I like absolutely EVERYTHING about my black 2SS/RS 1LE except the wimpy spoiler. I'd like to put on a more aggressive spoiler (with matte black wrap/paint). I like the look of the ZL1 spoiler, but I'm not too keen on filling then repainting the two bolt holes in the middle of the trunk. I like the look of the SLP ZL1 spoiler AND it uses the same bolt holes as the OE spoiler! I haven't seen one in person and I promised myself I wouldn't buy a spoiler again without seeing it on a camaro first. There are several SLP "blems" spoilers for sale on Ebay right now for a reduced price. Or I could learn to accept the OE spoiler and move on
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I like absolutely EVERYTHING about my black 2SS/RS 1LE except the wimpy spoiler. I'd like to put on a more aggressive spoiler (with matte black wrap/paint). I like the look of the ZL1 spoiler, but I'm not too keen on filling then repainting the two bolt holes in the middle of the trunk. I like the look of the SLP ZL1 spoiler AND it uses the same bolt holes as the OE spoiler! I haven't seen one in person and I promised myself I wouldn't buy a spoiler again without seeing it on a camaro first. There are several SLP "blems" spoilers for sale on Ebay right now for a reduced price. Or I could learn to accept the OE spoiler and move on
I'm partial to the Anvil spoiler but they are not going to be back in stock until mid August.

They are offered in a paint grade (ready for paint) fiberglass, satin carbon and glossy carbon. The spoiler on my Camaro is the glossy carbon. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373509689.174303.jpg
Views: 3653
Size:  85.0 KB

I got the ZL1 spoiler and painted it matte black

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373509741.140712.jpg
Views: 4223
Size:  108.3 KB
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I'm partial to the Anvil spoiler but they are not going to be back in stock until mid August.

IMHO, anvil spoiler is the one to get, I have it painted mat black on a AGM 1le and absolutely love it.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Anvil for the win. I LOVE MINE!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I went with the GM Blade for the same reasons. You do have to drill two additional holes for each end.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I'm sort of partial to the stock spoiler. To me it's nice and low profile, I could almost go with no spoiler......... Of what I've seen though the Anvil and ZL1 offerings are alright. It's a preference and that's alright, we're all individuals.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
I'm sort of partial to the stock spoiler. To me it's nice and low profile, I could almost go with no spoiler......... Of what I've seen though the Anvil and ZL1 offerings are alright. It's a preference and that's alright, we're all individuals.
I love the fact that the stock spoiler matches the profile of the car. It blends in and looks like it belongs. For me, I don't like anything that draws your eye directly to it (except the red calipers). All of the other spoilers in black against any color other than black become an eye catcher. It stands out as different. I like the whole car to be catchy and you have to look for the differences over a single piece that stands out. But to each their own. I will stay stock.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #9
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
I like the Anvil or NLP spoilers.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
gatekeeper750

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE Package
Just go full body kit all around!!
Attached Images

gatekeeper750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
I say NLP Spoiler, it looks a bit more pronounced than the stock one but still very nice. And Geoff at NLP is a great guy to deal with.

*NOT MY CAR OR PICTURE* (haven't installed my spoiler yet, found this in another thread)

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
family man

Drives: .
I love my MPD1 rear spoiler. I heard you can't get them right now though, they are tooling up to make it themselves. They had an outside shop make them, but they went out of business.

It's like the stock one on steroids. It uses all the factory holes, nothing to fill in and nothing to drill.

http://mpd1.com/content/cam_rearwing.html
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
Matze
German Representative

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
NLP is what I got as well
Attached Images

Apex intake scoop, CAI intake, Vmax ported throttle body, Kooks LT headers, stock exhaust with NPP mufflers, BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, Hex Vents, Factory Reproduction 41 20x9 and 20x10
Matze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I went with the convertible spoiler. I found a black one on ebay it was off a car with only a few hundred miles on it damn near perfect. So far I have left it gloss I have been thinking about Plasti Dipping it to see if I like the look. If I do I will get it painted the factory color. Here it is on my build thread... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285054 ... go to post #71.

The other one I considered was the Z-TA spoiler from Phastek... http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...poiler-113.htm

Neither of them need holes drilled...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote