Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #57
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
wow....being a oldster I go with 21st century which is owned by farmers now as they were sold off after the big financial meltdown a little while back, state farm was ok....but could not match 21st, and the others........ not even close..... that's the reason they have to advertise so much. Also the computer online one cant think of the name is also owned by farmers.
The one you don't remember maybe ESURANCE , BSb too !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #58
oldfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Flipped from Allstate to Progressive about 9 years ago when my youngest turned 16. Rates went through the roof.
Progressives been ok, although "rate creep" will soon have me shopping again.

(and I'm really tired of that annoying Flo)
That's exactly my case , that's why I moved
Old 01-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #59
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
I got rid of USAA for Geico. I'm saving a good chunk of money and hadn't had a issue with geico since I switched to them 2 years ago.
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #60
oldfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
I got rid of USAA for Geico. I'm saving a good chunk of money and hadn't had a issue with geico since I switched to them 2 years ago.
The ISSUE only happen when something happen
Until then the only issue is that you send them the $$$ on time !
Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #61
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Flipped from Allstate to Progressive about 9 years ago when my youngest turned 16. Rates went through the roof.
Progressives been ok, although "rate creep" will soon have me shopping again.

(and I'm really tired of that annoying Flo)

yea, I tend to flip flop back and forth between geico and Progressive as rates creep.

and all the insurance companies advertise constantly. to try and pick out one that is wore than the other is kind of stupid. insurance rates for any given area change fairly regularly, and most people price shop insurance at least once a year. insurance companies know this, hence all the advertising. it is a peculiar model though, as nobody really puts much emphasis on retaining customers.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #62
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Geico will pay claims, and they will back you up when you get into an incident. They have been notorious (in the past) for dropping policy holders that get into too many accidents (except for the military and government employees), and it was generally difficult for non-government employees to get a policy with Geico. I believe that they have soften up some during the last 15 years, where they make their policies available to the general public.

I would still be careful about your driving habits and avoid unnecessary claims in order to stay on the good side of Geico. Good luck.

Geico started off for government employees, but they started moving away from that model a lot longer than 15 yrs ago. probably as far back as the late 70's, early 80's. buy early 90's they were in a full blown growth model and sold a policy to anyone. they were so successful Warren buffet bought out the rest of the stock that he didn't own around 93 or 96. as for claims, they're no different than anyone else. my teen daughter got a ticket about a year ago and when I renewed the policy it didn't hardly go up at all.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #63
nardox

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Got the Z28 yesterday and just added the car onto my Progressive policy for now. I will do some insurance shopping next week.

By similar coverage, I'm not talking about full coverage vs full coverage, but similar/same dollar amount for liability/collision/comprehensive/etc and Geico was a lot cheaper than Progressive. I'm going to make some modification to my Progressive policy next week and see how that will effect my rate, if it's still a lot more expensive than Geico and they can't match or come close it Geico, I'm switching.

I had pretty bad driving record when I just got my license, but got a clean record without any accident or tickets for the past five years, so I'm not planning on filing a claim soon but just wanted to know how every company handle things.

For example a friend of mine drove his 09 or 10 Camaro SS into a ditch cause it was raining and he was being a little crazy, Progressive paid him about $1000 less than what he paid for his SS(not including tax) after he's been driving it for a year, and the entire process only took a few days. Similar story with another friend's Volkswagen Golf, got hit by another driver, totaled, got check for more than what he paid for within a few days. And I'm staying with Progressive for now because my friends' first hand experiences with them are pretty good so far, not because their annoying commercials lol.
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #64
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Geico has been pretty good to me for the past 5 years, I pay for my 2015 SS, $500 per year.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #65
nardox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
"Collector Car Insurance" for AGREED Value that is what you want as long as the Z28 is not a daily driver.

Why collector car insurance simple reason less expensive and its agreed value vs. market value.

We have Grundy Collector Car Insurance.

Agreed value if your Z28 is totaled they write you a check for the value you agreed upon ($76k), market value $45-$50k good luck.

I have had Grundy Collector car insurance since 2002 I have my 2001 Z28 with an agreed value of $25k and my 2010 2LT/RS at $30k. Both of my cars are modified from stock.

No limitations on miles, agreed value vs market value, cheaper prices, once a year payment.

I pay $423 a year zero deductible, $500k liability.

You do have limitations you cannot use it as a daily driver, you must have a garage, you must have reliable transportation as your primary vehicle, you cannot use it a a vehicle to run to the mall, Ect...

If you have your vehicle as a weekend only car this is the way to go.
I need to look into this Collector Car insurance...

Got a 2015 Subaru WRX STI Launch Edition and the 2015 Z28, and I don't drive them as DD...

BTW, does your collector car insurance have comprehensive coverage and glass/windshield coverage?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #66
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nardox View Post
I need to look into this Collector Car insurance...

Got a 2015 Subaru WRX STI Launch Edition and the 2015 Z28, and I don't drive them as DD...

BTW, does your collector car insurance have comprehensive coverage and glass/windshield coverage?
Yes I also have a 69 Z28 and a 24ft enclosed car hauler under Grundy as well.

IMHO the best way to go to cover your investments.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #67
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
My rate on my v6 went from 116 to 124 then it went to 106$ I bought a v8 and it went to 124$ I don't get it Lmao buts it's whatever. I'm happy with SF
Old 01-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #68
trackwhore

Drives: 06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Yes I also have a 69 Z28 and a 24ft enclosed car hauler under Grundy as well.

IMHO the best way to go to cover your investments.
Grundy was more expensive then my farmers policy. I have 3 cars and the house under my policy. 1 accident in bad weather where they totalled my Lexus. No rate increase. Been with them for a long time. I got in a small fender bender and got hit by someone with AAA. They where very nice and helpful.
trackwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #69
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I had Geico and was very pleased with them after i hit a deer with my truck. Very friendly. But I switched to Allstate because they offer 3yr new car replacement. I will never use progressive. another progressive customer hit me when i was with them. They did not want to pay the claim. said it was 50 50 because i was on the road. The guy crossed 3 lanes of traffic and t boned me at a t intersection. They refused to fix my truck because it was a home made bed and would not tow it from where it was with no tail lights 300 miles from my home. I had to go down there and fix it my self. so I had to drive a van 300 miles to get it with some one else then drive both the 300 miles back. They did give me a loaner which i kept untill i had time to go and fix the truck. That cost them $700 for the rental. They then illegally cancelled my insurance with out notification. I found out 3 months later when the dmv said i had to turn in my plates and suspended my registration of the 3 months. I called them and they said we never notified you what you going to do a bout it
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #70
nardox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I had Geico and was very pleased with them after i hit a deer with my truck. Very friendly. But I switched to Allstate because they offer 3yr new car replacement. I will never use progressive. another progressive customer hit me when i was with them. They did not want to pay the claim. said it was 50 50 because i was on the road. The guy crossed 3 lanes of traffic and t boned me at a t intersection. They refused to fix my truck because it was a home made bed and would not tow it from where it was with no tail lights 300 miles from my home. I had to go down there and fix it my self. so I had to drive a van 300 miles to get it with some one else then drive both the 300 miles back. They did give me a loaner which i kept untill i had time to go and fix the truck. That cost them $700 for the rental. They then illegally cancelled my insurance with out notification. I found out 3 months later when the dmv said i had to turn in my plates and suspended my registration of the 3 months. I called them and they said we never notified you what you going to do a bout it
A little confused about the cancelled insurance part....did Progressive cancelled the insurance on the loaner they give you or?