Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
ShadowPuppet
REDYRNOT

Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Window Auto-up Acting up

Hi there,

So I'm having this issue where if I use the auto up feature on the driver side window (it doesn't happen on the passenger side), the window will go all the way up, then go back down to halfway. This happens most of the time but there are times where it will go up all the way as intended.

I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery at which point it tells you on the console to roll the window down then roll the window back up. After doing this, the auto-up works for a few roll ups and then goes back to going down halfway.

I guess what I'm looking for from you guys is anything I'm missing in terms of how to reindex the window and get rid of this issue. If not, guess it's time to hit the mechanic lol.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks

Ross

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Take it in or service, if for no other reason than to get the problem logged. It shouldn't occur at all, much less after indexing.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPuppet View Post
Hi there,

So I'm having this issue where if I use the auto up feature on the driver side window (it doesn't happen on the passenger side), the window will go all the way up, then go back down to halfway. This happens most of the time but there are times where it will go up all the way as intended.

I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery at which point it tells you on the console to roll the window down then roll the window back up. After doing this, the auto-up works for a few roll ups and then goes back to going down halfway.

I guess what I'm looking for from you guys is anything I'm missing in terms of how to reindex the window and get rid of this issue. If not, guess it's time to hit the mechanic lol.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks

Ross

I think mine has done that for over 2 years now, and it's a little over 2 years old now, so.....yeah, started this on he way home from dealership. Is apparently widespread problem (there's a bulletin out; dealer will use it to establish that GM says they aren't allowed to fix it; it just has to bed in. No word yet to. Questions of how many YEARS this little bed in thing is supposed to take.
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
I have the same problem, sometimes I have to repeat it a few times before the window decides to close.
Now, the problem is getting worse, 3 days ago and also today, after trying a few times... the window switch stopped responding. I had to turn off the car. lock it and wait for like 5 minutes and then when I tried again, it finally worked.

I'm searching on this forum if anyone has a fix to this issue.

Thanks for all suggestions...
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #5
RichCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Waking up an old thread here.

I'm running into this issue as well and I'm hoping that someone has figured out a solution...
Old 07-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #6
rcinsolo

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 6 speed convertible
I have the same problem on my 2013 SS, but mine will go about half way up then all the way back down. It is hit or miss when it wants to do this.
rcinsolo is offline   Reply With Quote