Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Not particularly high winds. Breezes around 15 - 20 mph, I would estimate.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
GrayFox13

Drives: AGM Vert - 2LT - RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldag View Post
Not particularly high winds. Breezes around 15 - 20 mph, I would estimate.
Thanks.
On this day it happene the winds were stronger. I did see a guy yesterday with his top down and no tonneau.
GrayFox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Danimal

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
I lost my f'ing Tonneau Cover...

Has anyone lost their Tonneau Cover while driving their 2010-2013 Camaro Convertible? I have and I am trying to get it covered as a warranty item... I had installed as instructed, as always and about the 20th time putting it on It apparently flew off at some point while I was on the highway. Really dont feel like paying for something that was not my fault. Please let me know if you too have lost one of these covers. Thanks
Attached Images

Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
GrayFox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Has anyone lost their Tonneau Cover while driving their 2010-2013 Camaro Convertible? I have and I am trying to get it covered as a warranty item... I had installed as instructed, as always and about the 20th time putting it on It apparently flew off at some point while I was on the highway. Really dont feel like paying for something that was not my fault. Please let me know if you too have lost one of these covers. Thanks
Out of curiosity what year is yours?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Mine has never come loose, even when hauling ass over 70 MPH. I am sure to tuck it in all around, but have yet to see an issue.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
GrayFox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox13 View Post
Out of curiosity what year is yours?
Never mind I finally saw your avatar with year. I was reading from phone earlier.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post

convertibles came out in 2011 just FYI..

as far as getting it covered, if yours has the little bungie things it shouldn't come off it they were attached correctly.

chances are it won't be covered by warranty, might by insurance but if your deductible is more than the replacement cost good luck with that one too.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveintulsa View Post
Try adding a beach towel on top of your top before putting tonneau cover on. It makes it a little more taut and should cut down on the flapping
It has to be a black and gray pinstriped terry cloth velour beach towel from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveintulsa View Post
Try adding a beach towel on top of your top before putting tonneau cover on. It makes it a little more taut and should cut down on the flapping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
It has to be a black and gray pinstriped terry cloth velour beach towel from Bed Bath and Beyond.
A pink bath towel works equally as well.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
Danimal

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
2012 - however it was an early model year unit meaning that it had a 2011 model cover. the 11's have clips and not bungee. the 12's and up are now coming with bungees. FYI i got mine replaced under a warranty claim.
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
GrayFox13

PROBLEM RESOLVED!!!

After having my car side by side with another vert at the dealership and the tonneau cover off I noticed that their verts top was lower than mine in the compartment. I had mentioned to them that my top with the cover on it did not lay flat or flush and that even when I pushed it down it still popped up some. So they looked at it and said I was right. So we raised and lowered my top a few times and noticed that the drivers side touched down before the passengers. So my dad took my car in today and they adjusted the top (at the Ok of GM) and now my top is sitting low in the compartment, and my tonneau is flush with my car. WOOT WOOT. Took the car for a drive tonight and maybe went a little over the avg speed and the top just sat there. PERFECT!!!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
PROBLEM RESOLVED!!!

After having my car side by side with another vert at the dealership and the tonneau cover off I noticed that their verts top was lower than mine in the compartment. I had mentioned to them that my top with the cover on it did not lay flat or flush and that even when I pushed it down it still popped up some. So they looked at it and said I was right. So we raised and lowered my top a few times and noticed that the drivers side touched down before the passengers. So my dad took my car in today and they adjusted the top (at the Ok of GM) and now my top is sitting low in the compartment, and my tonneau is flush with my car. WOOT WOOT. Took the car for a drive tonight and maybe went a little over the avg speed and the top just sat there. PERFECT!!!!!

That's excellent news GrayFox13! We are happy to hear this issue was worked out for you. Drive well!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
PROBLEM RESOLVED!!!

Would you please post pics of your top when it's down, and from different angles (front/side/back)? I'd like to see just how low it is and still be functional. Thanks!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #28
GrayFox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Would you please post pics of your top when it's down, and from different angles (front/side/back)? I'd like to see just how low it is and still be functional. Thanks!
Yes I'll take some tomorrow.