Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #43

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Never saw the movie...bought a Camaro anyway...

Always wanted a 'Vette, though, from watching the TV show "Route 66"...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #44
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
When the first Transformers movie came out I wasn't even driving yet. The only thing I knew about the Camaro was that it was a ugly car that I beat every other car in Project Gotham Racing on the xbox in 3rd grade.

When I saw it on the big screen I wanted one bad. I thought I'd never be able to afford it, especially at this age, but that turned out to be false. I'd say I would of probably never considered the car if it wasn't for the movie.

...if you would of told me in 2010 that I would buy a brand new one in high school, I would have laughed in your face.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #45
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
What a great decision GM made to put the car in a movie! I wouldn't have thought many people would have bought the car because of the movie, but then again what a great way to show the masses the car.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #46
keef

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black w/ gray stripes
Absolutely ZERO!

First car I ever had was an 86 berlinetta, been with Camaro ever since. 86, 81, 96, 00, 11, 10
keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #47
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
tons.

This car was and still is "the car" for young people today, and yes, mostly because of transformers but also just because of how good this car looks.

We always use to dream and compare our color choices for the body and stripes back in school... wonder what those guys and gals think of me actually getting one today! Feels good.

say what you will about TF2 and TF3 being awful movies, but the first is still actually a pretty decent film IMO. They really dumbed down the second one.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #48
RA1987

Drives: SS
Megan fox made me do it lol
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #49
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Camaro helped the movie sell in my mind. the movie was our only look at the 5Gen for 3 years and kept ppl from going crazy because it seemed like forever. I think the movie just was just advertisement just another commercial. LOL sorry to that Ford Guy advertisement is advertisement . how many movies was the mustang in ? and it was the only muscle car in most but haven't sold more than the camaro. the chargers was in the fast 5 movie but I don't see them selling much like the previous version
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #50
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

one movie vs millions of mustang commercials. You would think commercials would've sold more. No wonder the mustang Guy is complaining he's
Old 05-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #51
rx-hawk

Drives: 2SS M6
I can't stand the Transformers movies, I bought my Camaro despite its appearance in that crappy movie.

2011 Black 2SS/RS - Kooks headers, GM Performance Exhaust
rx-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #52
queenz700xx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
im not going to lie.. from the split second that I saw bumblebee appear for the first scene in the tunnel it was drilled in my head that i was getting one!
queenz700xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #53

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
What a great decision GM made to put the car in a movie! I wouldn't have thought many people would have bought the car because of the movie, but then again what a great way to show the masses the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
one movie vs millions of mustang commercials. You would think commercials would've sold more. No wonder the mustang Guy is complaining he's
Even though I thought the Transformers movie was kind of hokey (never saw it, just some clips, etc.), car models do become popular from movies..

And if anything, Chevy got the idea from Mustang....Look what movies like "Bullit" with Steve McQueen and the Mustang from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" have done for those car's sales and popularity....It's nothing new, just sayin'...

Ford truck sales even went up after the movie "Mr. Majestyk" with Charles Bronson...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #54
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Always thought the design was killer but it wasn't until SGM was released that I absolutely had to have one. Therefore Transformers was not the influence though I did first see it in the film.

When I was first looking for a vehicle I was looking at 3rd gens.

I love all the odd number generations 1,3,5 but the evens don't wow me as much. I'm actually hoping that follows suit with 6th gen considering I just got my 5th gen 2 months ago.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Even though I thought the Transformers movie was kind of hokey (never saw it, just some clips, etc.), car models do become popular from movies..

And if anything, Chevy got the idea from Mustang....Look what movies like "Bullit" with Steve McQueen and the Mustang from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" have done for those car's sales and popularity....It's nothing new, just sayin'...

Ford truck sales even went up after the movie "Mr. Majestyk" with Charles Bronson...lol
Currently, mustangs has been in a few movies like that stupid war car movie even was in the transformer movie. Nobody saying mustang sells wouldn't be what they are if it wasn't for the movies they were in. Poeple love to hate something that's great .
Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #56
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandeep View Post
I was obsessed about getting this car from the time I had first seen its concept prototype back in 2007/08 at NAIAS. I knew I would eventually end up getting it in the future after it had been launched. But now since it was in the Transformer Series I have seen Camaro being referred to as Bumblebee an awful lot more than Camaro itself.
Yep. The movie was just a bonus for me.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote