Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #57
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Nice video. I love the 555r's paired with 555's on my 18" welds. For the 555r's to wear evenly for daily driving I recommend PSI lower than 30. I run mine around 26 cold. They have worn evenly and I have over 15k miles on them between daily driving, road trips, and drag racing. When I drag race, I run 16-18 PSI. What exhaust setup are you running? Sounds good!

I've debated doing a nasty N/A car or going F/I. Seeing things like this makes me think N/A.

To those asking about the different drag radials. 555r is the most street friendly and will have a decent tread life. I drive them in the rain, cold, etc. They handle just fine. The 05r will be more aggressive and better grip on the track, but not as street friendly as well as shorter tread life than 555r. The M&H racemaster is about on par with the MT S/S when it comes to grip and tread life. It is like the 05r as far as street friendliness. The MT ET S/S is pretty street friendly and will grip even better, but has a short tread life. The MT ET Street R is very gripy and not street friendly unless sunny and warm.
That is just the street legal drag radials. The rest of MT drag radial offerings I wouldn't even consider a tire to drive on street unless going to a race and back. Even then I'd probably only mount them at the track.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #58
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
deflate air pressure so you get no spin. i recently went to Nitto NT05r @ 16psi and i launch hard.

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #59
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Nice video. I love the 555r's paired with 555's on my 18" welds. For the 555r's to wear evenly for daily driving I recommend PSI lower than 30. I run mine around 26 cold. They have worn evenly and I have over 15k miles on them between daily driving, road trips, and drag racing. When I drag race, I run 16-18 PSI. What exhaust setup are you running? Sounds good!

I've debated doing a nasty N/A car or going F/I. Seeing things like this makes me think N/A.

To those asking about the different drag radials. 555r is the most street friendly and will have a decent tread life. I drive them in the rain, cold, etc. They handle just fine. The 05r will be more aggressive and better grip on the track, but not as street friendly as well as shorter tread life than 555r. The M&H racemaster is about on par with the MT S/S when it comes to grip and tread life. It is like the 05r as far as street friendliness. The MT ET S/S is pretty street friendly and will grip even better, but has a short tread life. The MT ET Street R is very gripy and not street friendly unless sunny and warm.
That is just the street legal drag radials. The rest of MT drag radial offerings I wouldn't even consider a tire to drive on street unless going to a race and back. Even then I'd probably only mount them at the track.
I really appreciate your input....I will adjust the psi. Im now at 29 psi....these hits were done at 34 psi. As far as tbe exhaust lol....its a mix and match set up. JBA shorty headers with Solo high flow cats. The resonater was removed and it now has a single Flowmaster Super 10 dual in dual out mufflers. Its really small....6x9 but gives a good tone. After that its Magnaflow competion muffler delete exhaust with 5 inch tips.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #60
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdeep0169 View Post
deflate air pressure so you get no spin. i recently went to Nitto NT05r @ 16psi and i launch hard.
Getting to the track this year has been a pain. After lowering the psi I finally had a run with a built 80 malibu ..heads/cam...stall....posi and full boltons. Its a private paved road thats just a hair longer then an 1/8 mile. Well i left that car sitting....that was my first wot throttle extended run and my car runs way harder then before. I was getting ready to run a vette the is consistent 12.0 in the 1/4 but it started to rain....these guys are all hard core and they complimented me how well my car worked. It looks bone stock except for the drag radials. Now im really pushing to get it down a timed track.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #61
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Getting to the track this year has been a pain. After lowering the psi I finally had a run with a built 80 malibu ..heads/cam...stall....posi and full boltons. Its a private paved road thats just a hair longer then an 1/8 mile. Well i left that car sitting....that was my first wot throttle extended run and my car runs way harder then before. I was getting ready to run a vette the is consistent 12.0 in the 1/4 but it started to rain....these guys are all hard core and they complimented me how well my car worked. It looks bone stock except for the drag radials. Now im really pushing to get it down a timed track.
Looking forward to seeing you run with the new setup. It has gotten too hot down here in NC, I'm holding off until September when the air cools down a bit. I like the stock look too !!
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:23 PM   #62
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Looking forward to seeing you run with the new setup. It has gotten too hot down here in NC, I'm holding off until September when the air cools down a bit. I like the stock look too !!
With my work schedule and some commitments for upcomings week ends I may be going in Sept just like you. I need to find out what kind of improvements the stall and tires give me before I cam it..or just do longtubes in the winter.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #63
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Supercharger for next winter than.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:33 PM   #64
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Supercharger for next winter than.
Bigger supercharger then.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #65
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

I want one eventually.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #66
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I want one eventually.
A cam interests me alot....love that chop.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #67
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
A cam interests me alot....love that chop.
True. Cam THAN supercharger.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:53 PM   #68
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Awesome! Can't wait to do my first launch with my 3600 circle d stall once I get retuned tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #69
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
Awesome! Can't wait to do my first launch with my 3600 circle d stall once I get retuned tomorrow

To really appreciate it find a road where you can safely go fom a dead stop to wot all the way through 4th gear....if possible.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 AM   #70
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
To really appreciate it find a road where you can safely go fom a dead stop to wot all the way through 4th gear....if possible.

Will do! I think I know of a few places

Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers