Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Smell can easily be fixed with ethanol I'm more worried about visual inspection. Depending on who inspect the day you go you might end up having to deal with a guy who might be real anal with a car that come in with their exhaust growling. To some that's a red flag to start checking. Let's just hope we both don't have to end up having to swap back to stock LOL.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
all they do it plug in to the obd so we will see. the only problem is im afraid of is the smell of catless lol

honestly, I don't smell any issues.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #31
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
honestly, I don't smell any issues.
Really? Ever since i put them on i can smell a difference.

Bmore worse comes to worse i may not take it to my normal place where i usually get emissions and take it to one of the more bad areas lol. at much as id hate to take my car through certain parts of town may be the easiest way to pass emissions.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #32
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Really? Ever since i put them on i can smell a difference.

Bmore worse comes to worse i may not take it to my normal place where i usually get emissions and take it to one of the more bad areas lol. at much as id hate to take my car through certain parts of town may be the easiest way to pass emissions.
lol When is your emission? Mine should be coming up around dec-jan. West bmore might not be a bad idea LOL.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I listened today & no rattle...I do have a kind of hiss at part throttle, but it's something I've noticed since day 1..I just thought it was the extra air flowing thru the headers
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Thanks nathan I think the partial "rattle snake" noise is from my leaks right around the resonator. The leak does not go away but I can make it stop for a short period of time if I reposition the band clamp, to my surprise, the "rattle snake" noise calmed down after killing the leak temporarily The hissing or what some call air rushing seem normal with these obx headers tho.

Now I have another issue. My exhaust is hitting the heat shield sometimes when accelerating. I believe while I was having my 3.91's put in yesterday, my install guys didn't install the exhaust back right. I guess more fun for me under the car today
Old 03-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #35
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Thanks nathan I think the partial "rattle snake" noise is from my leaks right around the resonator. The leak does not go away but I can make it stop for a short period of time if I reposition the band clamp, to my surprise, the "rattle snake" noise calmed down after killing the leak temporarily The hissing or what some call air rushing seem normal with these obx headers tho.

Now I have another issue. My exhaust is hitting the heat shield sometimes when accelerating. I believe while I was having my 3.91's put in yesterday, my install guys didn't install the exhaust back right. I guess more fun for me under the car today
I had the exact same issue but I found out it wasnt outside at all it was inside!!! My A/C fan, when off (of course everything was off because I was listening) would spin freely and make the same noise. Say like take a coffee can, turn it on its side, throw a few pieces of rice in it and roll it across the floor... Took it to the dealer and they replaced my A/C compressor and fan... noise is no more. It did increase with acceleration as somehow air was pushing through the cabin filter backwards to the fan and spinning it slowly? Idk, all I know is that its gone. Listen for the sound then turn on your blower motor and see if it goes away...
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
i have that issue with mine bmore. In maryland with a new car you get 5 years before the first one so we should be good for a while lol. ive had mine for just over 2 now so im not too worried.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #37
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
I had the exact same issue but I found out it wasnt outside at all it was inside!!! My A/C fan, when off (of course everything was off because I was listening) would spin freely and make the same noise. Say like take a coffee can, turn it on its side, throw a few pieces of rice in it and roll it across the floor... Took it to the dealer and they replaced my A/C compressor and fan... noise is no more. It did increase with acceleration as somehow air was pushing through the cabin filter backwards to the fan and spinning it slowly? Idk, all I know is that its gone. Listen for the sound then turn on your blower motor and see if it goes away...
Hmmm... I will def have to look into that tomorrow. For some reason the noise is barely audible as the temp go up but it's definitely still there. I'm definitely making plans to go with different brand. I can't deal with this noise. I heard you can get rid of the noise by wrapping the header too, but it might not be good for the header's health, but I would do anything just to get rid of the darn noise before going back to factory header. I don't even want to think about working on these headers again...

Quote:
i have that issue with mine bmore. In maryland with a new car you get 5 years before the first one so we should be good for a while lol. ive had mine for just over 2 now so im not too worried.
is it 5 years for new cars?? I thought it was 2