Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #1
soulsea

Drives: Fast
Private DE Early Dec at Roebling Rd Raceway

Hi,

After so many HPDE resulting in me eating travel expenses and consumables only to be frustrated by greedy organizers who overbook their events resulting in traffic jams on track, I decided to do something about it, and I partnered with a friend of mine that organizes HPDE and reserved a private weekday track day at Roebling Road Raceway the first week of Dec 2016.

This is a 20 participant maximum, all solo qualified, all open track. If it doesn't rain, with temps averaging high 60s and with clear track, it's going to be as optimal as conditions will get in the southeast for fast laps. You can basically run you car as much as you want, whenever you want, without fear of getting stuck in traffic. Your biggest issue is going to be managing your energy to retain focus and maybe running so much that you might need a second set of tires.

This event is $500 and by invitation only ... not in it to make any money, just to have clear track with fellow enthusiasts. If you're interested, please PM me and I will send you the registration link. The only two conditions are that you've been signed off for solo driving, and that you get your car inspected and signed off by a qualified shop.

Hope to see you there.

Serge
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
How does one get signed off for Solo Driving and what does an inspection consist of? I'm asking because I have never been to an event like this due to they fill up quick and usually no spaces left.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
soulsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
How does one get signed off for Solo Driving and what does an inspection consist of? I'm asking because I have never been to an event like this due to they fill up quick and usually no spaces left.
Hi,

The inspection is really easy. You will get a Tech Form that you just take to a qualified shop or a GM dealership with your car and they will make sure that it is safe to be driven on track. Tech Form: https://www.docdroid.net/t5W2E4U/hol...hform.pdf.html

As far as being signed off for solo, it means that you have been cleared by at least one HPDE organizer like Hooked on Driving, Just Track It, Chin, etc, to drive on track alone. Basically this event is for intermediate and advanced drivers who can drive fast safely and with high situational awareness. This is for everyone's safety, which obviously is the highest priority.

If you haven't been cleared by another organizer but you feel you are at a level that can handle solo driving, please contact me with your track experience history and we can determine if it safe for you to participate on a case by case basis.

Alternatively, the organizer that I am partnering with for the Dec. private event is doing a public open event at the same track on 10/10, and that event will have run groups including novice/student where you will get an instructor, where you will gain more experience and maybe even get signed off for solo driving by the end of the day so that you can join the open track event in Dec. Here's the link for that event: https://clubregistration.net/events/...?event_id=7749

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
soulsea

This event is a couple of weeks away and we have a couple of spots left if anyone is interested.