Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
I really don't get all the people that get hit in a parking lot or on the street and the first thing they do is come to the forum to ask what to do. Everyone knows that the first call they make should be to the police to file a police report.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuice View Post
I really don't get all the people that get hit in a parking lot or on the street and the first thing they do is come to the forum to ask what to do. Everyone knows that the first call they make should be to the police to file a police report.
They come here for advice.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
OK guys, you dont call the police for accidents on private property unless someone is injured (cars are not someones). You should have obtained her insurance information (you do this for all accidents) and filed with her insurance.

You have the legal right to take your vehicle anywhere YOU want to have it repaired. She has no right to dictate where you have it repaired unless your repair shop is charging an unreasonable rate, which she can take you to court to argue.

In a nutshell, ALWAYS get the insurance information and go through them unless they hand you cash on the spot.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
People are morons .. They really are.. Just Sick of it.. I don't know if it is a mental issue or they just dont give a $hit or both..
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
People are morons .. They really are.. Just Sick of it.. I don't know if it is a mental issue or they just dont give a $hit or both..
This and both

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
do NOT go to HER fixer upper person..

go get an estimate at a body shop of your own choice. If the paint is cracked, it will lift sometime in the future, as water can get underneath.

You should ALWAYS exchange info.

It doesn't matter where you parked.. she hit you. (I assume you were not in your car at the time - makes it that much easier to prove who is at fault..

but if they decide the $1200.00 bill is too much and won't pay, you may be out of luck and have to take them to small claims court (it would have been easier with their ins info, had they decided not to pay).

Good luck...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Quote:
Accidents will happen,even to the best of us.AS far as for the OP,I would find out where she works and lives and meet there.I know it sounds creepy to find out where one works and lives,but it's hard to trust ppl now a days...and maybe she'll think twice about stiffin you.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuice View Post
Some of us have never been in accidents and aren't sure what to do. So no, not everyone knows.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
queenz700xx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Thanks everyone for the help. This is the first time ive had to deal with something like this. Im only 19 and work too damm hard for my car so im really upset about this whole thing. I wanted to strangle her. If you would have seen the amount of room there was anyone of us would have left the car there. Ill let you guys know what happens later on tonight after i see her.
queenz700xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
It does matter where you park on private property, the insurance companies may just each pay for their own insured. I type from experience.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenz700xx View Post
Thanks everyone for the help. This is the first time ive had to deal with something like this. Im only 19 and work too damm hard for my car so im really upset about this whole thing. I wanted to strangle her. If you would have seen the amount of room there was anyone of us would have left the car there. Ill let you guys know what happens later on tonight after i see her.
Hey man are you in NY 5th Gen?
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
queenz700xx

ok I went to the detailer that they told me to go to and the manager called the boyfriend and told him that i needed to go to a body shop and it couldn't be buffed out because of the cracks (i could have told him that myself). long story sort, we both agreed upon a shop that we know that does amazing work in Astoria, queens and I will be bringing the car there tomorrow after work to get the estimate and if he has a spot open it will be repaired. I spoke to the owner of the shop and he told me that everything is already taken care of and to just bring the car in. Hopefully all goes well and it doesnt cost that much to repair.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
queenz700xx

Quote:
Hey man are you in NY 5th Gen?
yes i am part of ny5thgen . I sometimes make it out to the Astoria park and Whitestone meets on friday and sat nights. Have you been to either?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #28
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenz700xx View Post
Ok guys last night this woman backed up into my car as she was leaving the pump at the gas station. My car was parked about 30 ft away from the pump and she decided to back out and hit my car. Idk how she managed it but she did. Its nothing crazy except a few scuffs and she hairline cracked the paint in one spot about 2 inches wide. i need a little help here because she said that she would pay for all the dama ges and when her ass%&?# boyfriend came he said all he would do is bring it to a local detailer and "buff it out" now i know its going to have to be fixed not just detailed. Ifthey refuse to pay for the damaged what should i do. My car was technically parked illegally but so far from the pumps that only a moron would manage this. I have her plate number nd cell number. Were going to her detailer tonight and once he tells her that it has to be painted and they refuse should i call the police then. Am i still able to file a report? help me out guys!!! i had a friend parked in that same spot a few weeks back nd he also got clipped but everything went in his favor.
Too late to call the police, they can't do anything after the fact, and I learned this very valuable lesson when I was younger, now I trust nobody. Next time, call the police, this is what they do, and it elevates your having to chase after a deadbeat who now has no reason whatsoever to do the right thing.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote