Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Pedders, LSR, BMR, Pfadt installed!

I got the Pedders EP 1201 full cradle bushings, Pedders Radius rod inserts, LSR chrome moly trailing arms, BMR rear sway bar, and Pfadt end-link mounting brace installed along with the MRT V2, all at one go!

A couple of points,

JucticePete at Pedders is AWESOME to deal with, and offers the best customer service I have ever come across.

If u have access to a lift, it makes installing anything easy. The shop mechanic with my help got the full cradle bushings installed in 1 hour 15 minutes! (Yes I timed it, and this included getting the car up). Tip: Use flame to melt the old bushings, then jack up the rear cradle with a bottle jack after wedging something between the bushing and the car frame, and the bushings get pushed out easy! -Thanks for the advice Rob@Wretched

All those worried about road noise with the cradle bushings, don't be. Honestly couldn't tell ANY difference in road noise at even high speeds. The MRT on the other hand drones a lot above the 2000 rpm range at 80+ mph.

All these mods resulted in a car that handles and feels way better than stock on turns and on a straight line. I'm sure once I get my alignment done it will be even better!

Here's some pics. Sorry for the dirt, its extremely dusty in Oman.

Name:  IMG_20110828_103125.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20110828_113038.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20110828_114929.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  63.8 KB
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
congrats on the mods
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
I guess that you were given some extra tips on that date.

Like how can a Camaro SS beat a Nissan GTR .
Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
2quick

Drives: none
Great! Glad your enjoying your car.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Thank you for the kind words. We welcome you to the PEDDERS NATION!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Cool mod' list! You have most Sponsors/Vendors covered, LOL!

Regarding the subframe bush replacement: Did your tech' use the actual bottlejack to push the bush out of the subframe? I got a little lost there... I'm sorry I think I got the wedge-part. I've only noticed others use a sawsall and drill to cut through the voids in the bushes and then hammer them out after dropping the whole rear subframe. It sounds like you left yours in.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
. I've only noticed others use a sawsall and drill to cut through the voids in the bushes and then hammer them out after dropping the whole rear subframe. It sounds like you left yours in.
I left the frame in and used the sawzall method so its possible. Didn't use a drill for anything. Bottle jack was probably easier but both methods are doable.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I left the frame in and used the sawzall method so its possible. Didn't use a drill for anything. Bottle jack was probably easier but both methods are doable.
GREAT! Thanks much for the information!!! These are all mods' I'm going to be considering.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
JusticePete

The bottle jack will work most of the time. It depends on how fresh the powder coating was when the OE bushes were installed. If the powder coat was on the soft side it acts like a glue to hold the fiber reinforced plastic jacket in place. You can heat the area to soften the powder coat and that will do the trick most of the time. Some times you end up doing it the hard way.

You can use PVC pipe joint, a couple of steel plates, acme threaded rod, washers and nuts with a high torque impact wrench. That is tough for most DIY shops because they don't have sufficient CFM and / or pressure.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The bottle jack will work most of the time. It depends on how fresh the powder coating was when the OE bushes were installed. If the powder coat was on the soft side it acts like a glue to hold the fiber reinforced plastic jacket in place. You can heat the area to soften the powder coat and that will do the trick most of the time. Some times you end up doing it the hard way.

You can use PVC pipe joint, a couple of steel plates, acme threaded rod, washers and nuts with a high torque impact wrench. That is tough for most DIY shops because they don't have sufficient CFM and / or pressure.

Man you are making things complicated on those poor guys !!

Cant you just put one of these in your package and save our time .

I bet that he can pull your bushes with his lips.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Cant you just put one of these in your package and save our time .

I bet that he can pull your bushes with his lips.

We thought about that, but shipping costs were prohibitive.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We thought about that, but shipping costs were prohibitive.
Just put him in a sealed wooden box and put a sticker on the top ( M1 Abrams Tank spare parts ).

Our friends in the militray will spend a couple of coupons to deliver him through their Cargo free of charge .
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Just put him in a sealed wooden box and put a sticker on the top ( M1 Abrams Tank spare parts ).

Our friends in the militray will spend a couple of coupons to deliver him through their Cargo free of charge .
That is a far better solution that we got from our shipping and receiving department