Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-20-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Question Which site to use? Need help deciding.

I will be making an order very soon for a lot of parts for my car.

I have been looking at a few pages and their prices are very different from one another, and their "estimated shipping" varies quite a bit too. But I want to make my decision on Customer Service as well. Only one of them that I know of is a Camaro5 Vendor. So I am curious who has dealt with any of these companies and what did you think?

I have read a few reviews but nothing that makes me really decide yet.

Thanks in advance.

www.GMPARTSDIRECT.com
www.GMPartsCenter.net
www.GMPartsHouse.com
www.GenuineGM.com
www.GMPartsCheap.com
www.OEMPartsforless.com

Or is Dave with CamaroScotty the best bet?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Are you looking for all OEM pieces? Or some aftermarket vendors?

I do know gmpartsdirect has LOW prices, but they make up for it and then some on shipping, if you get my drift.

Let me know if there is anything I may be able to help with to create a great value for you.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
TK

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
I ordered the side rockers and front lip of the GM GFX from GMpartsHouse... Let me tell you, no where on their web page does it say 'we will be parting out full kits so you have to wait till we part out one in order to receive the portions you ordered'.

Personally, i rather have paid the extra $400 for a full kit than wait the 10+ days it took to 'part out' a kit. If you don't tell the customer on your webpage that there will be shipping delays due to this, i think that is garbage. IMO just part out another kit immediately upon customer ordering, some1 will eventually want the rear diffuser. I asked if they could do some kind of quicker shipping method and was told by 'gene', no.

This was a crappy deal, cause 1.) i was moving to vegas shortly and didn't have time to paint + install them, and 2.) i missed out on having them on for a car show.

So, in the end, i got what i ordered, but due to lack of information on their webpage or unwillingness to work more quickly with me, my deadlines were unable to be met. I see how for most people this wouldn't be an issue but at the time it was for me, I will not be ordering again from them.
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
YLWJKT

Drives: 2017 ZL1
gmpartsdirect is a massive rip off shipping cost wise.
YLWJKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Thanks Brandon, I am looking for factory OEM stuff, replacement parts etc. When it comes to performance stuff I just look in the vendor reviews and other places because there is a lot of feed back for them there. I did not find much int he way of the web site I posted other than a few things like what Tk and Wandering Scot posted as well.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I know who I will be going with.

Brandon I have been to your site often, I will keep it in mind for sure when I start shopping for performance upgrades!

Thanks again guys.