Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
2ndtimess
2ndtimeSS

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 speed Infernal Orange
USB Port quit working

Anybody have usb port stop working? Radio does not recognize aux input or devise. Was working fine had occasional "no information message" but just quit no power to usb. No fuse link under hood waiting to hear back from dealer.
2ndtimess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Have you tried a different USB device? Could be that rather than the port?

In other words, try a different iPod or a different Flash Drive to see...
Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
2ndtimess
2ndtimeSS

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 speed Infernal Orange
Thanks for the reply, tried all of the above. I had the radio/ usb on when I shut off the car and when I restarted the car nothing! The part that stumps me is the radio does not acknowlege that the feature for aux input then you cycle to usb will not recognize either one.

Thanks
2ndtimess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
It may be a bad PDIM module. If so, it will have to be replaced.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
mjdodd1107
lifelong Camaro coveter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I use my iPhone 3G with my the USB port and it's always been finicky, but I've always attributed that to the device itself (it's gotten worse since the most recent iOS update). Sometimes, if I start the iPod playing and THEN plug it in via USB it starts up much more efficiently.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdodd1107 View Post
I use my iPhone 3G with my the USB port and it's always been finicky, but I've always attributed that to the device itself (it's gotten worse since the most recent iOS update). Sometimes, if I start the iPod playing and THEN plug it in via USB it starts up much more efficiently.

I noticed that when I took the password protection off of my iPod touch, it worked a bit better as well.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndtimess View Post
Thanks for the reply, tried all of the above. I had the radio/ usb on when I shut off the car and when I restarted the car nothing! The part that stumps me is the radio does not acknowlege that the feature for aux input then you cycle to usb will not recognize either one.

Thanks
I've had this happen a number of times. Usually turning the car off (make sure the radio turns off so I often open the drivers door) then restarting it again will fix it. I also noticed the other day my iPhone 4 stopped working and the Aux option wasn't coming up. However turning the car off then on made the Aux show up and when I restarted my iPhone the car recognized it. Kinda weird.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
JackJ91

Drives: IBM 2SS
My USB port didn't work since day 1 of owning the car.. finally got around to bringing it into the dealer where they swapped out the PDIM module and cables until it finally recognized my Andriod. Definitely worth the time
JackJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Is CE still the latest software for the radio/PDIM?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
My USB port is finicky....sometimes it shows the song names, sometimes it doesn't...sometimes it shows the name of the last song played, even when the next song/s have played after it...sometimes the entire screen is blank...if I unplug and then re-plug the flashdrive, that usually helps....
Next time I'm at the dealer for an oil change, I'll mention it then...it's very strange....
Old 08-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
dunnz28

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 1SS, 6 MN, NPP
My USB port was dealer installed with OEM device.
Worked okay for a few months, put now plays most songs twice before switching to another one of 400 on the flash drive

Any ideas on how to deal with that would be appreciated.
May be a prelude to complete failure.
dunnz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Tarl

Drives: Rally Yellow/black -2010 Camaro
Mine has worked since day one. My owners manual that came with the car says it only recognizes the first 2,500 songs. I've since downloaded an owners manual and when I read the downloaded version it says it only recognizes the first 10,000 songs.

So that is a BIG difference. How do you tell what version of the software you have running in the car?

Also whenever I select RANDOM play, or shuffle it works like it is supposed to, but when the car is turned OFF (to get out, get gas...etc) and you get back in and start it up it has to "re-index" all the songs again, AND the RANDOM play is now OFF and you have to select it again.

This is how mine has been working the last 9 months. Is that correct?

Thanks
Tarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
stryker755

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert AGM
Take it to the dealer, there is a service bulletin out for this. Mine was doing it and they fixed it.
-2010 2SS/RS Silver Ice M6 TVS2300 700HP (SOLD)
-2010 2SS Aqua Blue M6 Stock (SOLD)
-1986 Sport Coupe Gray Built 355 (SOLD)
stryker755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarl View Post
Mine has worked since day one. My owners manual that came with the car says it only recognizes the first 2,500 songs. I've since downloaded an owners manual and when I read the downloaded version it says it only recognizes the first 10,000 songs.

So that is a BIG difference. How do you tell what version of the software you have running in the car?

Also whenever I select RANDOM play, or shuffle it works like it is supposed to, but when the car is turned OFF (to get out, get gas...etc) and you get back in and start it up it has to "re-index" all the songs again, AND the RANDOM play is now OFF and you have to select it again.

This is how mine has been working the last 9 months. Is that correct?

Thanks
2,500 is the correct amount. Sounds like your car came with the updated manual. 10,000 was found out to be wrong.

Yes, each time you turn off/on the car, the radio/PDIM needs to re-index the thumb drive and the random setting is turned off. That is how the current software works (CE).

To find out which version software you have:

1. Connect a USB device to the USB port
2. While in USB mode, press and hold the Menu button
3. Radio LCD will display the version