Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #71
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiledflame View Post
Only driving in 4th gear? Can you explain more on that please?

I wanted to write a internet meme when you passed the Mustang, with your approval, what would you say?
On that video I was using 3rd to 5th. They entire track could be run quite well in 4th and the car would accelerate smoothly out of corners in 4th without breaking loose. You can write what you like.

This is the video where the engine let go from Silver surfer's car who was following me. I'm going slow in the corners because the track is still wet and I'm on racing tires with very little wet grip.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.

Last edited by jessrayo; 09-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #72
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Just thought I would update the status of my car. ADM got my block from ERL and when they checked it out they found the block had got warped through all the re-enforcing welding and re-sleving to the point the cam bearings were too far out of spec to maintain oil pressure. Now that block is being shipping back to ERL and I have a custom cast RHS racing block with 6 bolt head configuration being shipped. ADM already has the new heads, rods and pistons in stock. Now it is a race against the clock for the Texas mile. That is if I don't max out my credit cards first.....

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #73
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
6:53 to about 7:21 is where it looks like the motor gave up if you guys dont want to watch the whole video.. Oh well lesson learned for all of us..I was told not to install that blower on the motor and push it that hard,but I say if you have the funds and you love it that much,go for it,because its a freaking beast..great car sorry to hear it.. I just thought if i ever boosted the crap out of it I would just buy a lsx376b and build around that block and head set up...that way i would still have a brand new long block to sell either with the car or re install it and sell everything off for the next project..

GOOD thing I had FASTLANE in my corner to give me good advise..I am going to stay under 700rwhp and play it safe and still have a high 10sce car or at least low 11sec car..maybe i will install some good slicks,and axles if needed and let the auto and my hand controls do all the work...man you have a great car,but i thought i start early on my car having it dropped of the first week for 612rwhp,but you just take the cake..
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #74
Sugar's ZL1
Ron and Sugar

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 Vert A6
Sugar and I hope you win both races....building the car AND the Texas Mile

I Love My 08 Pek a Poo
Sugar's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #75
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
6:53 to about 7:21 is where it looks like the motor gave up if you guys dont want to watch the whole video.. Oh well lesson learned for all of us..I was told not to install that blower on the motor and push it that hard...

If you look at post 55 and check my dyno sheet you will see that the max boost is 14.6 lbs. We also pulled the redline on the engine back to 6400 rpm. We haven't even been close to trying to push the blower, I reduced pulley sizes from the 1900.

I do know that I got the engine very hot several times before I changed the supercharger coolant reservoir, and this was changed at the same time the supercharger was. I suspect the block problems started because of all the heat I was experiencing before the new blower was ever installed and the bump in power just pushed it over the edge.

It is hard to say for certain what the exact problem was, it dynoed fine after the high heat cycles on the engine. I can tell you that the car is not a daily driver. I do drive it to the racing venues and then thrash it, and drive it home. So my current assessment based on the input from others and first hand experience is that if you exceed 800 whp you should at least upgrade the block and head configuration to 6 bolt. LSX has an iron 6 bolt block and some of the race engine builders do the aluminum. Stay with me and I'll let you know how it all works out.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #76
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
I tell you what I did notice in that video. That dang white car disappearing from view at every straightaway. Hope you make the deadline I really want to see it run the mile. Goodluck.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #77
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Just thought I would update the status of my car. ADM got my block from ERL and when they checked it out they found the block had got warped through all the re-enforcing welding and re-sleving to the point the cam bearings were too far out of spec to maintain oil pressure. Now that block is being shipping back to ERL and I have a custom cast RHS racing block with 6 bolt head configuration being shipped. ADM already has the new heads, rods and pistons in stock. Now it is a race against the clock for the Texas mile. That is if I don't max out my credit cards first.....
I can't believe ERL would't have checked that.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #78
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
I can't believe ERL would't have checked that.
It was a big disappointment but when we called them back and gave them the micrometer data on the bearing sizes they agreed that they must have missed it. They offered to fix it but I told them I just didn't have time... Supposed to get RHS block tomorrow. I do miss my car.... there is a big empty spot in my garage.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #79
jessrayo
Speed Freak

new motor dyno

Well for those of you that have been following my woes on the last engine I'll give a brief update on what happened since my last post on this thread. RHS said they had a block and they were going to ship it to ADM. When a week went by and Andy never got a block, he called and RHS said they found it was damaged so they didn't ship it.... they just forgot to tell him. ERL said they could fix problems we found in their block and they did, it just took them right up until three days before the Texas mile for the block to arrive, not enough time to build, break in, and test.

Well the fist part is done and I have a dyno run on the street gas. I usually put up the 110 octane race gas tune because that is what I run at the tracks but all I have is the weaker street tune for now. My sig reflects most of the upgrades on this engine.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #80
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Wow!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #81
MaxxMuscle
Blanchard Performance

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1
Damn bro.
MaxxMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #82
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
I want some of that.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #83
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
*like... a lot*
Old 11-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #84
jessrayo
Speed Freak

I pick it up tomorrow morning. Andy played with the car on race gas for most of the day today and got a little better numbers on the dyno but even the 2.3 blower can't give it enough air at high rpm. Changing the pullies with this kind of flow through the motor is making more intake heat than boost so with more supercharger speed the car gained a lot of torque on the bottom half of the pull but not much horsepower at the top. The motor mechanicals could easily do 7000 rpm but it really can't get any more air at that speed.

So unless I want to spray nitrous or try the big Kenne Bell or swap in turbos..... My motor is about maxed out now.

It is supposed to rain here all weekend so the only thing I expect to be able to tell you guys in the next few days is that it is damn near undriveable in the rain..... It has been that way for a long time.

Eagles Canyon is doing the annual toy run on Dec 7th. You can run your car on the road course for only $50 with a toy and a couple cans of food. I encourage all the Camaro guys in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma to come out. All proceeds go to a good cause and it is a ton of fun. Hope to see some of the Camaro 5 crowd there!
http://www.eaglescanyon.com/httpdocs/2008/home.php

Last edited by jessrayo; 11-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.