Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Keep dreaming. The fact of the matter is there are more people willing and able to buy a Camaro at MRSP or more the minute they become available. In today's "I gotta have it and I gotta have it now" society, it would be a downright miracle if you could get more than a few hundred people to hold out on buying a Camaro.

It happened with the Mustang GT when the S197 platform became available, it happened with the Z06 Corvette, the Challenger, the GT500, the GTR, etc. Somehow I get the feeling that most of the people who are complaining the most about what it is going to take to get into one of these cars when they are first released probably would be getting in over their head financially even if they were able to get it for under MSRP.
I hate to say it but he's mostly right. Of course there will be some dealerships that don't do markups just as a customer good will offer, but for any other dealership, they'll find no shortage of people who have to be satisfied RIGHT NOW and will pay any price for that. Its people like that, who have more desire than financial sense, that are the reason we're in this economic funk today. Sigh.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Pricing

I like the idea of posting dealers who do not mark the prices up on the new Camaro. It would be well worth my money to travel several hundred miles or more just to avoid $10,000 mark ups. It could work like this. If you want to purchase a Shelby Mustang at Forby Ford in Dacono Colorado you will have a base of $50,000 and a dealer mark up of $10,000 more. Not that I'm ever going to buy a Ford, and I'm not! But screw them!!!

KJ
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
I like the idea of posting dealers who do not mark the prices up on the new Camaro. It would be well worth my money to travel several hundred miles or more just to avoid $10,000 mark ups. It could work like this. If you want to purchase a Shelby Mustang at Forby Ford in Dacono Colorado you will have a base of $50,000 and a dealer mark up of $10,000 more. Not that I'm ever going to buy a Ford, and I'm not! But screw them!!!

KJ

DING DING DING - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

Buy from an MSRP or LESS dealer, and have the car DELIVERED FROM THE FACTORY to a LOCAL dealer. simple. easy.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
I signed up with a dealer six months ago and was told they never do markups..... two weeks ago I checked where I was on their "list" (4th) and then reconfirmed they would not markup. Well, I guess the story has changed and they would not commit to no markup.

I'm now 2nd on the list with a dealer 150 miles away in the same state, where I received confirmation from the Owner of the Dealership and the Sales Manager that they will never markup any car. I'll be buying from them.
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #19
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Times are tough for U.S. carmakers. Times are very tough for the dealerships trying to sell those cars, too. One way dealerships can make up a little for slow sales is to sell cars above MSRP when demand exceeds supply. This usually only happens when new (or newly redesigned) specialty models are released. How long demand exceeds supply depends on how much the manufacturer limits production. Cars with artificially limited production (such as the Shelby GT500, Nissan Skyline GT-R, 2008 Challenger SRT8) can continue to command "market pricing" of more than MSRP for up to a year or more. Cars without limited production status (like the '05 Mustang GT, Pontiac Solstice, Ford Thunderbird, Toyota Prius) can only do so until production output catches up with demand.

The 2010 Camaro will not be a limited production vehicle. But many dealers will sell for over MSRP until supply catches up with demand. Camaro V6 production is intended to outnumber Camaro V8 production (just like it has year after year with the Ford Mustang). V6 Camaro production should catch up with demand fairly quickly. Most V6 buyers are not Camaro fanatics and would buy a different vehicle rather than pay anything over MSRP. But most of the people posting on this site want the SS V8 Camaro, which is more likely to command more than sticker. Allocations to each dealer for SS Camaros will be few and far between for the first few months at least. Many dealers eager to secure sales will take "orders" knowing that it may be months before they get enough allocations to even place the V8 Camaros on order with Chevrolet. This happened to buyers of the '05 Mustang GT. If 90% of the advance orders placed with dealers are for SS model Camaros, GM will not halt V6 production in order to immediately build lots of V8 Camaros.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
no they wont halt v6 production, they will schedule overtime and pay us well to crank out more V8's. Odds are they have already alotted production times for a V8 outcry. i dont think the general is gonna sit on his butt with this one.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #21
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
When will enough SS Camaro's be available on lots? And at sticker price?

May 1 09, June 1,09, July 1,09 ???

I want to buy one June 1, 09.

I also want white which won't be available until July 1, 09.

Will white possably be available in June?
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #22
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
When will enough SS Camaro's be available on lots? And at sticker price?

May 1 09, June 1,09, July 1,09 ???

I want to buy one June 1, 09.

I also want white which won't be available until July 1, 09.

Will white possably be available in June?
I suspect before may seeing how their goal is 80-100 000 cars a year. but only time will tell.

where did you hear white wouldn't be available until july? white's an extremely popular color. . .kinda funny if they aren't on the top on the list
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #23
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I suspect before may seeing how their goal is 80-100 000 cars a year. but only time will tell.

where did you hear white wouldn't be available until july? white's an extremely popular color. . .kinda funny if they aren't on the top on the list
On the official Camaro website. White won't be available until July 09.

I want white or orange with black stripes, but don't want to wait until July 09. I want to buy a loaded SS manual around May 09 and June 1 09 at the latest. I HOPE white is available sooner then July. I think orange will be TOO popular, plus MANY Challenger SRT8's will be orange.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #24
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
If you have a Costco near you, get a card and buy it through their vehicle incentive program. Basically, they do all the work in contacting a dealership with the best priced car, typically, below MSRP! You'll likely have to wait anywhere from a week to a couple of months, but if you're a serious buyer, you'll get exactly what you want for a fair price.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
I signed up with a dealer six months ago and was told they never do markups..... two weeks ago I checked where I was on their "list" (4th) and then reconfirmed they would not markup. Well, I guess the story has changed and they would not commit to no markup.

I'm now 2nd on the list with a dealer 150 miles away in the same state, where I received confirmation from the Owner of the Dealership and the Sales Manager that they will never markup any car. I'll be buying from them.
Did you get it in writing? I got that on my Sky when I ordered my first one, otherwise it is just his word against yours....
Old 08-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #26
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Yes but its such a sweet car. It sucks to wait. Who am I kidding I am waiting.
For some of us, we are already forced to wait, and by the time I get my hands on one, the price will be back to MSRP. BTW, how long do you guys thing that will take?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #27
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I'm waiting on the vert, not sure if I'll get a vert but I want to try it. I also won't pay MSRP I'll either wait or buy another car. I'm an invoice man myself.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #28
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
If you have a Costco near you, get a card and buy it through their vehicle incentive program. Basically, they do all the work in contacting a dealership with the best priced car, typically, below MSRP! You'll likely have to wait anywhere from a week to a couple of months, but if you're a serious buyer, you'll get exactly what you want for a fair price.
ACK - COSTCO!

We love to beat Costco's price.....because the work with another dealer "up the road".

I had someone tell me the no haggle price Costco offered from the other guy was $600 more then ours on the same Impala....We dealer traded and got their car and sold it
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote