Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Question about headlights

So I have the RS headlights installed in the car currently and plan to install the NightOwl V2 kit so I can change the colour of the rings. Now my question is if I can have the car parked (during the night) and turn on my parking lights so that the Halos are on without having the actual headlamps on considering they come on automatically when its dark enough outside. This is purely for if I have the car parked for a cruise night so I can have my sidemarkers, rear lighted bowtie and Halos on simultaneously. I hope I described my dilemma well enough!
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
If you turn on the parking lights you take it out of Auto mode when you move the switch
Old 04-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Thanks! I'll give it a try!
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:28 AM   #4
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
With the V2 halo kit, the car no longer controls the halos directly. For normal daily use, set the default color for the halos, and set the halos to come on with the ignition. That way the halos will turn on anytime the car is running, and off when you turn off the car. You will leave the master unplugged (plugs into center console power outlet) unless you want to control the halos.

So when you arrive at your cruise night, plug in your master and run some programs that you have created in the app. The halo module will automatically wake up when it hears the master.

When you leave the meet, unplug the master. The halos will turn on again to default color when the car is started, and will turn off when you get home and shut off the car.

We made the V2 kit smart and simple without losing any of the great functions of the system.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote