Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
1LE just ordered one, updated

OK folks, I took a bit of a break from the C5 forum after selling our 45th SS this past year but we're back. Yesterday my wife placed an order for a 1LE, white, 2SS, RS and NPP exhaust. I figured this would be a good base to work with. I'm a bit behind the curve on information and doing my best to get caught up but I'm looking for some direction from those of you that have already been running these and doing mods.

First, I'm a complete newbe to the NPP exhaust, besides knowing how it works, what is available to work with it as far as mods, cats and headers. I'm no stranger to header, cat, and full exhaust mods so lets hear it.

Second, the suspension that we 1LE owners have paid oh so dearly for. Is it as good as it seems straight out of the box and how is the ride height? Also are the brakes up to snuff?

Third, the rest I'm going to keep simple'ish for the time being. Typical bolt on mods under the hood and maybe a couple cosmetic things like window tint & fender hash marks. I told my wife I was going to gut the interior and cage it but she didn't seem to happy with me about that .

Otherwise right now we're waiting on our order info and my dealer thought about 8 weeks or so for delivery. I'm in no hurry though.... He has an allocation for another ZL1 and said I could have it if we wanted at a great deal on the price. I'll stick with the 1LE .

Last edited by t&t moyer; 02-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
48 views and no replies, jeez!

Think long and hard about that ZL1 allocation, just saying. But it all depends on what your plans are for the 1LE. 1LE is a beast in its own right though. You won't be disappointed. Congrats! Many will chime in to answer your questions though. I'm no longer apart of the 1LE community. :(

I could be wrong but SUKXOST has the fastest/most powerful 1LE on the forum I'd let him chime in...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #3
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Thanks boss! I just read through the current 13 pages in SUKXOST build thread, amazing!!! There's a lot of good ideas, I just need more time at home to make them happen.

I'm not planning on charging the 1LE at this point but keep it normally aspirated for now. I'm sure my wife will beg to differ though, she's a speed freak!

Not taking the ZL1 allocation was a tough decision but.......... I'm sure we'll survive lol. If I were spending that kind of money I'd opt for for a Grand Sport Vette for a little more but I'm not quite ready (old enough) to make that step I'm a hands on kind of guy and love to tinker so the 1LE sort of fits the bill for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post

Think long and hard about that ZL1 allocation, just saying. But it all depends on what your plans are for the 1LE. 1LE is a beast in its own right though. You won't be disappointed. Congrats! Many will chime in to answer your questions though. I'm no longer apart of the 1LE community. :(

I could be wrong but SUKXOST has the fastest/most powerful 1LE on the forum I'd let him chime in...
Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Alrighty, a little update. Yep the order is in so now we set and wait......

I ordered up some goodies from Apex yesterday. I went with JBA stainless shorty headers, JBA high-flow cats, Apex skip shift delete, Roto Fab CAI, Black Gorilla lug nuts, and a set of BMR 1" lowering springs.

This is a fair enough start to the collection of parts for now. We had a set of GM heavy duty all weather floor mats in our 45th so we'll get another set and we are trying to decide if we want to add the fender hash mark decals (red or black). After that it will be on to get the window tint sorted and some cosmetic / black-out / remove some emblems tinkering.

Keeping it simple.....
Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
OK folks, I took a bit of a break from the C5 forum after selling our 45th SS this past year but we're back. Yesterday my wife placed an order for a 1LE, white, 2SS, RS and NPP exhaust. I figured this would be a good base to work with. I'm a bit behind the curve on information and doing my best to get caught up but I'm looking for some direction from those of you that have already been running these and doing mods.

First, I'm a complete newbe to the NPP exhaust, besides knowing how it works, what is available to work with it as far as mods, cats and headers. I'm no stranger to header, cat, and full exhaust mods so lets hear it.

Second, the suspension that we 1LE owners have paid oh so dearly for. Is it as good as it seems straight out of the box and how is the ride height? Also are the brakes up to snuff?

Third, the rest I'm going to keep simple'ish for the time being. Typical bolt on mods under the hood and maybe a couple cosmetic things like window tint & fender hash marks. I told my wife I was going to gut the interior and cage it but she didn't seem to happy with me about that .

Otherwise right now we're waiting on our order info and my dealer thought about 8 weeks or so for delivery. I'm in no hurry though.... He has an allocation for another ZL1 and said I could have it if we wanted at a great deal on the price. I'll stick with the 1LE .
Ha! We are happy that you are sticking with the Camaro of your dreams. Let us know when you receive it!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post

You're a member if you say you are. Doesn't mater that the paint wasn't dry on your 1LE before you defected... ummm traded it!

Congratz on the order op and the mods. Not sure why you went with the shorty headers instead of the long tubes.... welcome to the club!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
Alrighty, a little update. Yep the order is in so now we set and wait......

I ordered up some goodies from Apex yesterday. I went with JBA stainless shorty headers, JBA high-flow cats, Apex skip shift delete, Roto Fab CAI, Black Gorilla lug nuts, and a set of BMR 1" lowering springs.

This is a fair enough start to the collection of parts for now. We had a set of GM heavy duty all weather floor mats in our 45th so we'll get another set and we are trying to decide if we want to add the fender hash mark decals (red or black). After that it will be on to get the window tint sorted and some cosmetic / black-out / remove some emblems tinkering.

Keeping it simple.....
Great list of mods!

I went with the ceramic coating on my headers and the under hood temps are much lower and the look VERY nice.
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Mmmmm, wonder how the springs will effect the 1LE suspension. Are they the same spring rates as the stock 1LE?
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Shorty headers..... well I went with them as a simple mod and if I need / want to swap back to a full box stock config then it's just a matter of unbolt and re-install the manifolds and stock HF-cats. I know the shorties aren't going to offer me what the long tubes will but it's a little sacrifice I guess. Not a show stopper for me.

Not opting for a coating of sorts isn't a big deal to me. The car will be kept clean & detailed and rairly out in crap weather unless there is no choice, I'll keep after them and see how they look after a while.

I haven't read any negatives from changing springs on the 1LE from anyone here yet but before the swap we'll rin the car as is and see what we think and if things settle any. It's more of an astetic mod more than anything. I figured 1" is plenty and still allows anough clearance to keep me out of trouble a long as we're still paying a bit of attention. It was a welcome appreance change on our 45th SS and I'm hoping for the same on the 1LE.

Time will tell.