Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

View Poll Results: Are you happy witht he design of the temp/audio controls
Yes I love them, wouldnt change a thing 44 25.58%
They are a bit wierd, but I can live with it 64 37.21%
No, I hope that they are changed before the car is released 49 28.49%
A real man dosent need a radio, all we need is a gas petal, and a steering wheel 15 8.72%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
CamaroFever

Drives: Its in my sig "2002 Galant V6"
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroFever
Question Anyone else not pleased with the temp/audio controls????

Im a huge Camaro fan , and have recently begun saving for my Camaro convertible to be. I wanted my next car to have a navigation system seeing how I love to take road trips, but the console in the concept car that I have seen is made so differently that I dont even think that I will be able to have a NAV system installed. I love this car to death, but if they dont change the temp/audio controls it may sway my decision .

So are you pleased or displeased with the design of these controls?

Last edited by CamaroFever; 12-27-2007 at 11:01 AM.
CamaroFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
They're not going to be the same, don't worry.

That said, go out and find yourself a nice Garmin for considerably less $ than a factory navigation unit. (I recommend the Nuvi 350 for $350 on WalMart.com.) It can do everything a factory unit would do (insofar as it's navigation capabilities) if not more, at a LOT less $, as well as being portable from vehicle to vehicle. And you don't have that big ugly screen in your cars dash...

Factory installed Naviation Units are such a scam...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
CamaroFever

Thanks! I really hope that it is changed, as far asa simple Nav system, I should have clarified, I would like a DVD/NAV system. And trust I know its a rip to get one installed from the dealer, I have one in my current car, an in-dash touch screen DVD/NAV system, that I installed myself, I got it off of ebay for 250.00

Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I actually like the design of the concept controls. I don't want it to look as cheap or simple as my Cobalt did. I want a chrome interior without too many buttons all over the dash. Having them all centralized in one place is nice. Since I like the steering wheel as it is, I also don't want to see buttons on the wheel. I don't want to replace it with a mismatched aftermarket unit, so having a slick stock one and putting a JL Cleansweep behind it is what I had in mind.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I love the concept controls, but as said they will change. Would like them to keep it as simple and sleek as possible though.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
CamaroFever

Im just curious, what makes you guys so certain that they will be changed?
Old 12-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Doesn't really seem to allow people to change the soundsystem out in the concept state and I doubt they'd take that option away from buyers.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Look for the same "wrap-under" look to the dash...but of all the viable complaints (which are minimal, btw ) the majority are about the radio unit...

I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me...If they change it - I'll still like it, as radio replacement/upgrades are very low on my 'to-do' list, but like I said: Look for that wrap-under look. That was a design feature that was paid very close attention to.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Good, the wrap-under dash is one the key features of the interior that if they change it, I might seek elsewhere. I LOVE that part of the interior.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
CamaroFever

I guess like one of the previous posters said, I could buy my own Navigation system, it dosent have to be indash. I know they are trying to pay tribute to the older version of the Camaro, but I just feel that the current radio is to simple and plan, its not modern enough, its a bit too retro.

Last edited by CamaroFever; 12-28-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Ideally I think there should be an retor interior package or something. Because you have on one hand people like me who love the retro interior wholeheartedly, and on the other hand people want a modern interior.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I want to see it changed. I'm not into retro. If I wanted a setup that looked similar to the 1st gen, I would go out and buy a first gen. Thankfully, control design has greatly improved over the past 40 years, and modern is the way to go. Give me radio and HVAC controls as clear, simple, and intuitive as the Honda Fit's, and I'm good. Only thing I would want that is more complex than that is auto AC.

And with the nav system, portable aftermarket units are the way to go. 1/10th the price of a factory unit, same features, can be transfered from car to car, and don't bury HVAC and radio controls in some computer interface. There is absolutely no reason to get a factory or dealer installed system.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #13
CamaroFever

Yea, Em that is the perfect solution, I never even thought about that, b/c I love the exterior of the car, but am iffy about the inside. I have been looking at pics of the interior all day, and it is starting to grow on me though.

I planned on getting an Audi, but I think the Camaro has stolen my heart
Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #14
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Once you get used to the set up I wouldn't have a problem with them, but the thing is if you change the dash layout , is it going to take away the feel to the car we love? Leave as is if possible.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote