Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 11-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
WickreWorld

Drives: 2014 Camaro project
Arrow Clearcoating

So I have painted in some stripes to my 2014 ls. In doing this I wet sanded the whole car so I can do a glossier clearcoat. Problem is I don't have time with working full-time at night, bartender til 4 a.m. and watching my kids til 6 when I go into work. Now I have gone on the weekends but my wife and I get around 18 hours a week to even be in the same room together, and taking a weekend or two to do this would eliminate 80% of our time together. So I am thinking unwound much rather pay someone else to handle this at a fair price. We just bought a house in south hill and we close on index 15, so funds are tight, but still available. Because it has been a while I will need parts of the stripes to be redone, more or less touch up because of rocks and such. But also did not consider the gaps in hood and door jams when painting stripes so I would need some over spray removed. Is there anyone out there that would recommend a quality driven paint shop with a fair price attached?? I also have painted my calipers and interior trim piece lime green, but that was with a different paint code, and infant them Al lbs a me color, so that is another project, but that could be for different time, main objective is finishing paint on outside. I want this as a show car, even with no clearcoat o believe it to be one of the best looking camaros from the 5th gen v6 in the area. It's is a seahawk mobile and needs to look like the potential it deserves to look like. It's a head turner now, I want it to be a neck breaker. Any help would be greatly appreciated from a piece member... Thanks and remember if you don't get a ticket, your not driving the camaro right.
Attached Images

WickreWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Clear coat isn't going to come close to getting the job done, you need to be looking at Ceramic. CQuartz Finest, Ceramic Pro or if you want to get serious, Gyeon Mohs+ (Closest installer is Portland). CQuartz standard you can buy off Amazon and apply yourself. Do not short yourself on Paint preparation, correction and detail prep, but if funds are short your best option is CQuartz standard and DIY. The other three would require the loss of your car for up to a week and a rental while they work on your Camaro.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote