Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-09-2017, 07:32 AM   #29
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Don't tell them what you want to pay per month. The dealers will get you with really high interest rates, long payment terms and a really screwed deal.

The best scenario is to secure your own financing, figure out what you can pay per month, which includes your down payment and the balance of the proposed cost. After this, you go out and bargain hard. If you really want a good deal, get out of the mentality that car shopping is one stop shopping. You have to shop a lot.......on line, on foot, on phone, etc. When you get your best price, then figure in your monthly expense from the exercise you should've done earlier, bring the bank check and your down payment...............DONE.
How to recap the thread in a single post eh? That is FAR to complicated for over 90% of the public and why advertising works.

Simply tell the salesman what you want to pay per month, sign paperwork and walk out with a new car.

Most don't care about getting bent over and taken from behind for 20% interest @ MSRP for 8 years, they can afford $250/mo. But 100% of them will blame someone else for being complete idiots.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #30
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Don't tell them what you want to pay per month. The dealers will get you with really high interest rates, long payment terms and a really screwed deal.

The best scenario is to secure your own financing, figure out what you can pay per month, which includes your down payment and the balance of the proposed cost. After this, you go out and bargain hard. If you really want a good deal, get out of the mentality that car shopping is one stop shopping. You have to shop a lot.......on line, on foot, on phone, etc. When you get your best price, then figure in your monthly expense from the exercise you should've done earlier, bring the bank check and your down payment...............DONE.
This 100% +1
I used a credit union..
Paying 4.45% interest
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #31
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
How to recap the thread in a single post eh? That is FAR to complicated for over 90% of the public and why advertising works.

Simply tell the salesman what you want to pay per month, sign paperwork and walk out with a new car.

Most don't care about getting bent over and taken from behind for 20% interest @ MSRP for 8 years, they can afford $250/mo. But 100% of them will blame someone else for being complete idiots.
Yea well....I prefer to keep my 'hind "violation free" lol!!

In all honesty, its best to go with an experienced person the first time out. After that, you'll get the hang of it. Car shopping is a unique art if its applied right!!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:22 AM   #32
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
I've bought a few cars and trucks over the past years and only once on the first visit but that was because I didn't know if I could make it off the lot with my trade in so I bent over. That gives me time to line up my own financing. It also helps to bring a Doubting Thomas (or wife) to create obstacles the salesman has to overcome.

The last time I bought a car, I did a lot of research and walked in knowing how much I wanted to pay and for how long. I was set for 48 months but the FI guy tried to get me into a 72 month deal at a higher rate. We finally settled on a 48 month at a lower rate than I walked in with. Probably helped that I didn't disrespect him. His job was to get the most for the deal and mine was to pay the least. I drove off with no regrets.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #33
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Back in '08 or so, we went shopping for my wife to have her own car. Decided on a Mazda 3, they of course played the stupid back and forth game on the monthly price, the first price they came at us with was $500 per month for 8 years. Told them I was buying a 3, not 3 3's. I had the numbers I wanted in mind (around 300 per month for 5 years), told them what they were, after nearly 1 hour of back and forth, we decided to leave as they wouldn't budge to our numbers which we came up on a little (intentionally started low to leave negotiating room). So we drove the 2 hours back home. A day later they called and said they had received authorization from the factory (yeah, right) to match our numbers if we still wanted the car. Told them we were interested but only if I got a signed letter from their GM locking in the price due to how far we had to drive. About an hour later they called and asked me to check my email and there was the signed letter, so we drove and bought the car.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #34
Dezines
Youtube Content Creator

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I've bought cars on payment and on price. There really is no difference if A. you know what buys what and B. you are willing to walk out. I shop when the dealerships are closed and come back with the numbers I want to pay. Some of the dealerships around me play games and those I have fun with...

I don't remember the car but I went in knowing what monthly payment I wanted on THAT car. It was $1000 down/ 250 per month. 60 months ( It was a fair deal they made a $1000 profit over KBB). Test drove made the offer. Salesman went into the manager... this REALLY FIRED ME UP...

The sheet said "Congratulations! $3500 Down/ 350 month 72 Months"... I started screaming and shouting (by the way I always go Saturdays when their busiest) calling them crooks and thieves that do nothing but overcharge etc etc and I don't calm down until I get my price... and I do because while I am doing this... I am making every single person in that showroom second guessing if they should buy a car here. Not only is my deal in the toilet but so is every other deal on the table.
Mods
  • Vararam Ram Air Intake
  • DNA Motoring Long Tube Headers w/ Cat Delete
  • Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers
  • Sequential Tail Lamps
  • Custom Ghost Flame and Matte black Graphics Package
  • Phantom Billet Grill
  • DRL Delete
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/qnNgCz
Youtube Channel: http://sub.gregorysalvatore.com
Dezines is offline   Reply With Quote