Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
BenzinaBrera

Drives: Alfa Romeo Brera V6
LLT Whippled Charger

Hi folks, its been a while, to keep it short i wont go the the entire backstory again, short version is i have a Alfa Romeo Brera and it runs a 3.6 LLT engine. righto, moving on...

So i was looking at forced induction and came to the conclusion that i like a Twin Screw type charger the most, but unfortunately im not very welll educated on twin screws as there is nearly no useful info or videos with regards to their install on the internet, i basically learned everything available about turbos and rotrex chargers but cant find nothing on twin screws. so im hoping you guys can give me solid advice or perhaps point me in a direction of a supercharger forum thats not dead lol.

Lets start at the beginning, the charger im looking at is the Whipple W140AX, problem is i dont know if this charger is a good pairing with my engine or if it will run highly inefficient with my motor and i need to downscale? i want to run 9psi to yield round about 400-420 wheel HP, i noticed thats the going rate on most centrifugal chargers and even the HPS single turbo for camaro V6.

the other thing i was trying to figure out was if i would need an intercooler at such low boost as the Whipple apparently doesn't get hot really like a roots say would get. and if i do need a intercooler the how high is the blower with the cooler included?

i think ill only leave these 2 questions here for now as they are the most important ones and then we can drive the conversation from there.

Thanks all!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #2
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
hey have you seen the mounting plate for this yet? the blower listed is just the raw blower not outfitted for any vehicle

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #3
BenzinaBrera

This will be all custom. So the plate and everything will be fabricated.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #4
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Overkill has a top mount system using a Magnuson TVS supercharger. You'd undoubtedly have to cut the hood for clearance but if you were up for that portion of the fab we could sell you the head unit and CNC water/air intercooler system. Depending how your Alfa's intake is set up we have a TVS 1900 system that points to the passenger's side or a TVS 2300 system that points to the driver's side. The lower plenum would need to be machined with LLT head ports which we'll be doing in about 2 months time but could step up that timeframe as needed.

This is our TVS 1900 system on the Colorado/Canyon 3.6.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
BenzinaBrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Overkill has a top mount system using a Magnuson TVS supercharger. You'd undoubtedly have to cut the hood for clearance but if you were up for that portion of the fab we could sell you the head unit and CNC water/air intercooler system. Depending how your Alfa's intake is set up we have a TVS 1900 system that points to the passenger's side or a TVS 2300 system that points to the driver's side. The lower plenum would need to be machined with LLT head ports which we'll be doing in about 2 months time but could step up that timeframe as needed.

This is our TVS 1900 system on the Colorado/Canyon 3.6.
Oh wow nice!

I dont know how i missed that haha, the eaton TVS to my understanding is even more efficient than the twin screw albeit just a tiny bit. unfortunately there are some things standing between me pulling the trigger on your offer

-Cost to get it to south africa vs getting a whipple locally
-Alfas intake port design differs in shape from the LLT chevs

what does the blower and cooler cost from you?

below is an attached pic of the port shape..
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #6
BenzinaBrera

also do you perhaps have any dyno charts? i would love to see the power curve and output it makes with this charger.