Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #71
DWALEX

Drives: Currently 2016-2SS, Future ZL1/Z28
I put the adhesive through this little space and just put a small portion
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #72
NEVRL8

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Cool, thanks.
NEVRL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #73
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276876

This link is a hot wheel edition delivered and on page four, it seems to have the splitter end gap also
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #74
drunKenobi

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Krypton Green
check out how bad the dealer butchered mine. there is a 1/4 gap on the corners and the front edge is lipped up over the chin.

i didnt trust the same guys at the dealer to fix so i decided to try it myself. i was expecting it to be hard to remove but just taking a few plastic panel fastners off the back edge the thing just fell off.

the arrows in the 2nd picture shows where they went wrong. they riveted the top tabs BEFORE installing the splitter. the splitter snaps down behind these tabs and is THEN riveted to secure it to the chin. they had mine just sort-of hanging on the edge of the tabs.

so i drilled out the rivets, snapped the splitter in place, and pop-riveted it all down. it fit like a glove and looks 100% better!
Attached Images

drunKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #75
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Worse I have seen.... glad you caught it quick... way to apply the fix. Looks perfect now.

Ya may want to send the dealership your photos. Would suck for the next 1LE owner to get jammed.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #76
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
the only way to use moulding tape is to get the good stuff and prep properly, You must use the prep sheets on a clean surface and the proper tape, not the basic 3m tape.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #77
Midnight Rat

If the ends of your spilitter is sticking out there is tsb dated feb 2013 for them to use a adhesive to fix the ends.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #78
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
My splitter didn't fit too bad, but was gapped on both sides when I took delivery. The dealership tried to fix it, and made it a little worse so they ordered a new one which I'm getting installed tomorrow. I plan on telling them about the info in drunKenobi's post, any other last minute words of wisdom so I don't need to make another trip?

I'm not sure about telling them about the tsb that was mentioned since I still need to get a clear-bra installed and don't know if the splitter needs to come back off for that or not.
bluBlud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #79
Midnight Rat

the only way that splitter comes off is by removing the rivets that are underneath.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #80
JsRS44

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
If the ends of your spilitter is sticking out there is tsb dated feb 2013 for them to use a adhesive to fix the ends.
Can I get the number of this TSB to show my dealer please!
Thanks!
JsRS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #81
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
The proper way to install these is to remove the bumper and have a second person helping. I watched a guy Thursday at a local dealership install it on his own with the car on the lift and the bumper on the car.

When I installed my OEM GFX splitter it took 2 of us plus a 3rd to make sure it was lined up correctly.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #82
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
The proper way to install these is to remove the bumper...
Not according to GM. There is no mention of removing the bumper fascia in the instructions supplied with the splitter. A second person is helpful but not absolutely necessary.

I just did one myself. The design of the mounting does not make for a nice tight fit at the ends closest to the wheel well openings. Everywhere else is fine, but it needs a little extra at the ends for a nice tight fit. I used tiny screws, one on each side, from inside the wheel well, to close the gap in the ends. I wasn't sure what kind of adhesive would work but I knew if I carefully pre drilled some tiny pilot holes for the screws, it would hold just fine. Worked like a charm.

Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #83
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Not according to GM. There is no mention of removing the bumper fascia in the instructions supplied with the splitter. A second person is helpful but not absolutely necessary.

I just did one myself. The design of the mounting does not make for a nice tight fit at the ends closest to the wheel well openings. Everywhere else is fine, but it needs a little extra at the ends for a nice tight fit. I used tiny screws, one on each side, from inside the wheel well, to close the gap in the ends. I wasn't sure what kind of adhesive would work but I knew if I carefully pre drilled some tiny pilot holes for the screws, it would hold just fine. Worked like a charm.

That's what I was thinking, two fast and easy ways, first for a permanent fix is to glue it to the front fasica, second way and removable if to drill in a couple of screws in the ends as you did, both should be easy fixs the dealer can do or yourself.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #84
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
I took my car to the dealer for some brake noise at cruising speeds and while I was there I noticed the ends of the splitter looks just like the others here. Fixing it with double sided tape seems a bit cheap to me.

Me: "my $43k car has a faulty part"
Them: "no worries, we'll fix it with TAPE!!"

Am I wrong?

Also, the loaner I got while they try to find the brake noise is a Silverado.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote