Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Fiber glass for the win!!!!
Until you hit something. Lol
Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Six years old, and not a scratch. No dings to worry about. Fiber glass for the win!!!!
I agree about the fiberglass...no dings is a big plus.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
I'm glad you got behind a steering wheel that makes you happy! As for my SS, yeah, the paint isn't 100% perfect, and yeah, I was a bit upset at first, but I tell you what, this car looks stunning to all who look at it. Some people buy these cars and expect the quality of a Ferrari. Not saying that's you, but I've heard a lot of frustrated comments on the paint. This being said, good for you for doing what makes you truly happy. Me, I did the same...I bought the Camaro I wanted!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Um, ok. See ya.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Just taking it for what it is man, it's just weird you put that out there after someone started a "no secret wave?" Thread a day or two ago

God bless you got the car you wanted and are happier, so why are you here fighting over something that our opinions don't matter?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
Alright, I'll bite.
1. I can't say the paint is excellent, seeing as how I have maybe one or two rock chips, but that is the risk you run when you drive a car on the highway. My folks have German and Japanese cars and if I was to go take a look at them right this instance, I am sure I would find the same thing.
2. Yes, down here in Houston they are nearly a dime a dozen and that does take away some of the special-ness of the Camaro. We don't have much of a winter, so the cars don't "hibernate" which adds to the air of mystique. I however, see the Camaro as a blank canvas for you to express yourself. I don't feel the need to modify to set myself apart. If I wanted a different car that no one else would have, I'd get either something really old, or something that rots on dealer lots along the lines of a Acura ZDX (picked due to the low sales volume, not an actual vehicle I would consider).
3. I haven't had any owner give me a wave either. I used to think that maybe it was because I am in my twenties and maybe they thought it was given to me by my parents. It is not. I am a working professional and as a matter of fact, my parents were vehemently opposed to me getting it. Then I thought maybe it was because I carried myself in a way that maybe made them think I wouldn't be receptive to a compliment? Then I came to the conclusion that some people just see this as a point a to point b car and don't consider it to be special in any way. Whatever the real reason may be, I do not feel the need to get rid of my car because my vehicle choice is not validated by other motorists on the road. Frankly, with how distracted our drivers are here in the US with all the in-car tech and ever increasing popularity of smart phones, I'd rather never receive a wave then have said driver cause an accident due to being focused on trying to get my attention.
I am glad you got a great deal on a 2007 vette with an LS2 V8 with 400hp. You are right it doesn't compare with a ZL1 with a LSA with 580hp and 3rd gen magnetorheological shocks. Don't get me wrong I like vettes, they are just not for me. They are sports cars and our (your former) cars are muscle cars.
Don't fault the Camaro for the actions and words of a few. I am sure some people would ask you why didn't you get a Z06, GS or ZR1. Its your car and you got your car bc that's what you wanted. In closing, enjoy your new car, it sounds like its a better fit for you anyways.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Don't really understand if paint was that bad, why someone wouldn't use common sense and have it resolved under warranty.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #22
45th4ken

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Congratulations on the Vette. Vette once upon a time was my dream car. I think that quality or lack there of will always be an issue. But I feel GMAC has come along way to address customer complaints. As far as the cars culture, I've seen douches in all makes. Pricing is a soar subject. But I agree with you the ZL1 and Z28 are not exactly attainable for the average Camaro owner.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Until you hit something. Lol
Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
I'm glad you got behind a steering wheel that makes you happy! As for my SS, yeah, the paint isn't 100% perfect, and yeah, I was a bit upset at first, but I tell you what, this car looks stunning to all who look at it. Some people buy these cars and expect the quality of a Ferrari. Not saying that's you, but I've heard a lot of frustrated comments on the paint. This being said, good for you for doing what makes you truly happy. Me, I did the same...I bought the Camaro I wanted!
I didn't expect Ferrari quality. What did me in on the paint was the spoiler. Don't ever.....try to replace it....it will make you cry. I just said, "Never mind, put it back on! PUT IT BACK ON!" Like it was a band aid covering a wound. It does hurt to see a car selling for 40,000 dollars and peeling after two years of sale. That....is ridiculous. I don't see Sonics peeling. I don't see Genesis' peeling. I don't see Civics peeling! In the end you're right, it's all about what YOU want in a car. I wanted that stuff gone.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
It's all good. I wanted that 2010 Corvette Grand Touring 'vert at the dealer the day I bought my Camaro SS in late '09, but it was $70k. Now I am in a position to buy one but find that I am happy with my Camaro SS so....I'll keep it.

Nice Vette.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
SSinisterLS3,

Sorry to hear about the Camaro, but congratulations on your Corvette! I hope it brings you much satisfaction! Feel free to message us anytime with concerns and drive safe out there!

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #26
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Glad your happy , The wave thing I do not get , Vette's are cool and fast and American made, more Detroit Muscle, GM , Its cool could've bought a ricer so it aint all that bad, Camaro people are cooler , You're now in the snobby club and officially OLD , haha JK
Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #27
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
The Vette will get pitted, trust me on that. Everyone drives different, and it sounds like your one of those guys. I don't care what car you drive, drive it hard and pits, and scratches follow..

I swapped my spoiler, guess what? No issues with my paint..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #28
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
I love my 2011 SS, and I do try to do the trinket things to make it my own. I am part of a Camaro group that gets together for coffee, a ride or whatever and I do get plenty of waves and I give them back and not just to Camaros. But the best thing I get is when I roll down a road or through town and it's not the wave from another car but the head turns, thumbs up at me or when I get gas I always get some sort of compliment on my car and after all beside the feeling I get from driving it that is what driving My SS gets me, proud ownership and a bad ass ride !
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP

Closed Thread