Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Possible rebound issue with the left front?

I saw some information a couple of months ago on someone with a 1LE having a loud bang on the left front, and it turns out that the strut had a rebound issue. It takes the certain type of bump to put a load on the left front while turning. I have found 1 bump that makes the noise, 1 bump. When I go over it at 12 mph taking a right turn and a loud bang occurs. At 786 miles, I have been over many bumps that seem to be rougher, but it seems fine. I baby this car through bumps! Anyone else experience this?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
drunKenobi

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Krypton Green
My right front does this when backing out of my dad's driveway. There is a small lip (about 2 inches) from his drive to the road surface. I back out and turn the wheel to the left and it POPS loudly when dropping off that tiny ledge. Only the right front and only at his place when backing out cutting to the left. Weird.
drunKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewatkins3 View Post
I saw some information a couple of months ago on someone with a 1LE having a loud bang on the left front, and it turns out that the strut had a rebound issue. It takes the certain type of bump to put a load on the left front while turning. I have found 1 bump that makes the noise, 1 bump. When I go over it at 12 mph taking a right turn and a loud bang occurs. At 786 miles, I have been over many bumps that seem to be rougher, but it seems fine. I baby this car through bumps! Anyone else experience this?
That was me. The only way for them to find the issue is to actually pull the strut off and manually move it. When they do this then they will see that the rebound of the strut has failed.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
^^^^ and..........??? you changed struts?
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
When the weather is cold and I back out turning my wheels left, I get a really loud bang too. I thought I hit something at first. Onlt happens when the weather is about 50 or below.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunKenobi View Post
My right front does this when backing out of my dad's driveway. There is a small lip (about 2 inches) from his drive to the road surface. I back out and turn the wheel to the left and it POPS loudly when dropping off that tiny ledge. Only the right front and only at his place when backing out cutting to the left. Weird.
I noticed this in my driveway too occasionally.

Not a loud bang, but somthing making an uncomfortable noise.

Only noticed when backing out of my drive at 3 to 4 mph. I since go slower so it doesnt happen.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #7
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Thanks for the responses, I figure that I will go to the dealership and give the service adviser a ride. The bump from hell is only about a mile from them! I will keep ya'll posted!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks for the responses, I figure that I will go to the dealership and give the service adviser a ride. The bump from hell is only about a mile from them! I will keep ya'll posted!
Apologies to read about the impact noise you're experiencing. It's great that you'll be road testing your Camaro with the service adviser, however. Please let us know how it goes.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #9
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Thank you Mr. William at Customer Care,
Here is my update! I e-mailed Brian Harris Chevrolet about my possible issue and within 10 minutes, I received a call! We went over my car and I now have an appointment with them on the 28th. Someone is going to ride with me, so I can duplicate the problem. This dealership has given me some great service so far. I will update after I know something!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #10
Sir SHEED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
I have this same problem with the front right struct whenever i hit a bump in the road at about 45mph +, A lot of 1LE's seem to be having this issue. i wonder if theres or ever will be a recall for this issue.
Sir SHEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thank you Mr. William at Customer Care,
Here is my update! I e-mailed Brian Harris Chevrolet about my possible issue and within 10 minutes, I received a call! We went over my car and I now have an appointment with them on the 28th. Someone is going to ride with me, so I can duplicate the problem. This dealership has given me some great service so far. I will update after I know something!
Wow!

That's awesome news. Thanks for the post and be sure to keep us posted on your visit next week.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote