Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
...But its not going to do any good to have these threads...
No, it's a much better idea for GM to tell us nothing so the threads continue endlessly here and elsewhere. Brilliant.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
I know there have been tons of threads on this already and people are getting impatient, however I agree with the original poster, why has nobody been given a definitive answer on this. I haven't ordered a car so it doesn't matter much to me other than I am excited to see them on the road, but with all these threads that keep popping up with angry/impatient people, if there was an actual definitive answer out there people would stop posting and wouldn't be so impatient/upset IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
I have to disagree with you here. GM had an IDL on 4/9, just last week, for dealers. They could have easily put this information into that communication.
Quote:
I'm just wondering. When production first started it was stated that it would take 7 to 10 days for the cars to ship, which didn't happen. A couple of weeks ago we heard the Camaros have been released for shipment and still no one has one except for Hendricks. What is going on here? Do the Camaros have problems that need to be worked out or is GM holding them until the May reveal. If either of these are the case, please just let us know.

This lack of communication on the shipment of the Camaros is only causing frustration and speculation. If the cars need extra inspection, let the dealers know so they can let us know. If the cars are to be held until May, again, let the dealers know so we can know. Anyone who has ordered a car needs to know when to expect the car so they can set up financing, sell their other car, return their leased car or a variety of other reasons. GM really needs to communicate on what is going on with the shipment of cars so those ordering the car can plan accordingly.
Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

I will continue to wait for my Camaro. But I would like to know more info. on delivery dates for the cars that have been made.

The ones I feel sorry for the most, are the early pre-orders whose car has been made and is sitting there at the factory w/no explanation of WHY it's just sitting there.

Out of all the things GM has done for this car, I've loved everything............all except this one thing.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
No, it's a much better idea for GM to tell us nothing so the threads continue endlessly here and elsewhere. Brilliant.
Exactly my point as I stated above. Without clear communication on assumptions and frustrations will occur.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #18
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Dealers DONOT have to wait for May 6th for deliveries, test drives or selling the display car - it's THEIR choice. They are advised NOT to hold up the deliveries.

GM response to any delivery delays:

GM's goal is to deliver as many units as quickly as possible, but our number one goal is to ensure these initial Camaro models exceed our quality standards. As the old saying goes, "you only have once chance to make a first impression," and everyone at GM wants to make sure this first impression for consumers is long lasting and worth the wait.

We now return to regular programming.....
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #19
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
I'm just wondering. When production first started it was stated that it would take 7 to 10 days for the cars to ship, which didn't happen. A couple of weeks ago we heard the Camaros have been released for shipment and still no one has one except for Hendricks. What is going on here? Do the Camaros have problems that need to be worked out or is GM holding them until the May reveal. If either of these are the case, please just let us know.

This lack of communication on the shipment of the Camaros is only causing frustration and speculation. If the cars need extra inspection, let the dealers know so they can let us know. If the cars are to be held until May, again, let the dealers know so we can know. Anyone who has ordered a car needs to know when to expect the car so they can set up financing, sell their other car, return their leased car or a variety of other reasons. GM really needs to communicate on what is going on with the shipment of cars so those ordering the car can plan accordingly.
We never had bulletproof info the cars would ship that soon.

Quote:
Again, the main issue is communication so those who ordered can plan accordingly. I can't tell someone who wants to buy my car, "uh, I don't know when I can sell it to you". No one can run a business like that. People have to be able to plan for such a large purchase. If it takes GM to May 6th to deliver the cars, fine, just communicate that clearly so there are no bad assumptions and so I can plan my moves.
Although I agree with you (because I am impatient), the biggest problem I see is that GM gave us any information at all. We all seem to think that because we pre-ordered a car (that we don't currently own), we have a right to know everything about the car immediately, but unfortunately we don't.

We know for a fact that GM has been listening to what is being said on these boards -- and others like this -- and I have to say... even if the economy wasn't in the tank, they would probably never do this process again. Everyday there are dozens of GM and dealer bashing threads, because people don't have their cars yet, and it pisses me off.

There are a lot of lurkers from other car forums who read this stuff -- if this were happening to the Mustang, I would think very little of Ford -- and lately, we as a whole are giving GM a bad reputation just because they aren't delivering a product that never had been promised by a specific date.

What I'm trying to say is... we should just be happy for the opportunity we have been given, but we are not... :(
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
The above was a clear communication.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Back on 2/21, I posted that nobody will see their car before May 6th - on GM national PR day. I was called an "idiot", and so was my dealer who told me that. "Your full of BS, I will get my Camaro in early Apirl", I guess a few people may be eating a little idiot crow soon!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
salphonso

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS (Coming soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
Ok... listen up.. Hendricks has his because he owns the damn delaership...I'm pretty sure he's not driving them around.
Actually, he has his because he forked up 350k for vin 0001. fork up that amount a cash and you can get yours now too
salphonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #23
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
What??? Any business that is trying to sell something to a customer needs to communicate when shipment is expected. That is business 101. Just because this IS GM and we WANT the Camaro doesn't mean they can slack on the customer service.

Come on people, I'm just saying GM needs to communicate when expected delivery will be so we who ordered can plan for it. That is not a big issue, or shouldn't be one.
No car company gives you an exact build date, a tracking number for your shipment, or a day in which it will be delivered. There are way to many variables. You think you're upset now, what if they had told you it would've been here on April 5th, and there's some hold up and you didn't get it for another month? You'd probably cancel your order! Its just how things are done in the car industry. Does it suck? yes, a bit. But we can't expect everything on a silver platter with this car. If it had been a normal release, we'd be clueless about the entire thing until it showed up on the dealer lot. I personally like this way a whole lot better.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
We never had bulletproof info the cars would ship that soon.

Although I agree with you (because I am impatient), the biggest problem I see is that GM gave us any information at all. We all seem to think that because we pre-ordered a car (that we don't currently own), we have a right to know everything about the car immediately, but unfortunately we don't.

We know for a fact that GM has been listening to what is being said on these boards -- and others like this -- and I have to say... even if the economy wasn't in the tank, they would probably never do this process again. Everyday there are dozens of GM and dealer bashing threads, because people don't have their cars yet, and it pisses me off.

There are a lot of lurkers from other car forums who read this stuff -- if this were happening to the Mustang, I would think very little of Ford -- and lately, we as a whole are giving GM a bad reputation just because they aren't delivering a product that never had been promised by a specific date.

What I'm trying to say is... we should just be happy for the opportunity we have been given, but we are not... :(
I have to disagree with you on this point. First let me start by saying I put down a deposit on a purchase which the dealer/GM has. So I deserve/expect information on the delivery of what I put money down on. Second, if GM didn't want all of this going on they should have never had the "Pre-order" business. They must take the bad with the good.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #25
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
The above was a clear communication.
So, what do I tell my financier about when I can expect to take the loan?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #26
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
I know there have been tons of threads on this already and people are getting impatient, however I agree with the original poster, why has nobody been given a definitive answer on this. I haven't ordered a car so it doesn't matter much to me other than I am excited to see them on the road, but with all these threads that keep popping up with angry/impatient people, if there was an actual definitive answer out there people would stop posting and wouldn't be so impatient/upset IMO
I second every notion of your response. (Well everything besides not ordering - BTW- I ordered 2LT BLk on BLk RS package with Sunroof) But anywho, anger and impatience ain't the word. We keep seeing all these pics, VIN#s, so-called status updates about the "production" cars but yet can't nobody at GM give us or let alone the dealer a solid release date. I even called GM and they couldn't tell me nothing. But what's funny is that they seem to be releasing everything else thats new but the damn Camaro. Then that also leads me to ask how is it that all of a sudden all the dealers are getting these allocations when the deadline been expired. I've had about 3 dealers call me in the last few weeks. Unless that are BSing me and trying to get an extra $500 added to their account. lol
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #27
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
No car company gives you an exact build date, a tracking number for your shipment, or a day in which it will be delivered. There are way to many variables. You think you're upset now, what if they had told you it would've been here on April 5th, and there's some hold up and you didn't get it for another month? You'd probably cancel your order! Its just how things are done in the car industry. Does it suck? yes, a bit. But we can't expect everything on a silver platter with this car. If it had been a normal release, we'd be clueless about the entire thing until it showed up on the dealer lot. I personally like this way a whole lot better.
Maybe this is one of the reasons the Big 3 are having some PR issues with the American public. You can not run a business this way...
Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #28
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
My first posting was in regard to the dates the C6 started production (July 19) and then the date of the first deliveries to dealers (August 23) in which I compared what happened then to what is happening now with the Camaro. I admit there is a difference between a Corvette and a Camaro. I've owned two Camaros: 1996 and 2000SS, and two Corvettes: a 2002C5 and a 2005C6. I happen to be a Camaro person myself, but that hasn't stopped me from following the history of both. With the C6 there was a lead time from the first day of regular retail production and dealer delivery of five weeks and I see no reason it should be much different for the Gen5. -- laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote