Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
RiceRocket
Resident Ricer

Drives: 93 Supra TT
Sadly, I think there will be just as many women driving the new Camaro as guys....

It's just the way it happens.

These days, women are so into 'equal rights' that in their mind, they purposely will go out and buy a manly car, just to prove they CAN.

Seriously...not trying to hate on women....I LOVE women.

I just don't get it when a woman has to buy a high hp sportscar just to prove something. Especially when these are the type of women that don't even know how to change their own tires or change their own oil.
As far as women that can work on their own cars.....I say go for it.

I see, time after time, a woman wrapping a Vette or a 350Z around a tree because she couldnt handle a RWD car with more than 300hp.

And I'm afraid that the same thing will happen to the new Camaro.

Just like it did the Vette, the 350Z, the Cobra...and just the other day, I saw a chick in a Supra!

Talk about the most non-practical car for a female!

Oh well......women will always want what men have.

That's just my 2 cents.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #16
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRocket View Post
I just don't get it when a woman has to buy a high hp sportscar just to prove something.

I see, time after time, a woman wrapping a Vette or a 350Z around a tree because she couldnt handle a RWD car with more than 300hp.
Why are you buying a high hp sportscar? Would the Camaro still appeal to you without it's power? Or without it's name for power?

A buddy of mine recently wrapped his Z06 - lost it on a sharp turn because he didn't see the dirt on the ground. He did all the labor on that car, but that didn't change the fact that he didn't respect the power it had.

My cousin drives a 1992 5.0 Mustang that she bought and her boyfriend built. Dyno'd out around 390 so I figure 370-380 at the wheels? She drives it all over and not even a scratch on it.

If a chick wants to drive a Camaro thats cool by me, but as with anyone who lacks respect for the power their car puts out - I pity them.
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #17
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Barbie's car

I have been told repeatedly I have Barbie's car. But that's just because it is yellow. I don't mind. I don't think Barbie's car has flowmasters.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 01-18-2008 at 02:13 PM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #18
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
I have been told repeatedly I have Barbie's car.

LOL! That was too funny!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!

Last edited by GothamCamaro; 01-20-2008 at 08:54 PM.
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRocket View Post
Sadly, I think there will be just as many women driving the new Camaro as guys....

It's just the way it happens.

These days, women are so into 'equal rights' that in their mind, they purposely will go out and buy a manly car, just to prove they CAN.

Seriously...not trying to hate on women....I LOVE women.

I just don't get it when a woman has to buy a high hp sportscar just to prove something. Especially when these are the type of women that don't even know how to change their own tires or change their own oil.
As far as women that can work on their own cars.....I say go for it.

And I'm afraid that the same thing will happen to the new Camaro.

Just like it did the Vette, the 350Z, the Cobra...and just the other day, I saw a chick in a Supra!

Talk about the most non-practical car for a female!

Oh well......women will always want what men have.

That's just my 2 cents.
If we were to actually look at the statistics I think we would find that the percentage is higher for male drivers who have wrapped their High HP cars around trees than the percentage of female drivers in the same cars.

Male drivers may understand the power of their cars better (generally), but our desire to push it to the limit often over rides our logic as to when it is appropriate to do so.

Insurance companies know it, that's why insurance is cheaper if you're a female.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Shoot....I've seen a guy completely lose it not knowing what was coming up in front of him (uh...dead end???). He was hauling butt down a new two lane road. As you get to the end of the road, you don't know it because it's around a corner. Well...he slammed on the brakes, hit the burm on the other side of the street (at an angle since he was trying to save it), and LAUNCHED his 93 Mustang GT in the air. It was literally STUCK about 4 to 5 feet off the ground sideways between two trees. I WISH I had a picture of that. But, it was sad. You guys know I love those old fox bodies.

Another wreck...this time w/a girl driving her sisters boyfriends 90-93 Mustang...skipping class way back in HS and was trying to show off for her friends...She tried dropping the clutch and doing a 180. Well, she got to about 175ish or so...hehe....and launched the Mustang into a 6 foot deep concrete ditch. The stang landed in such a way that the bumper (the ditch was in the shape of a "V" if you can imagine) was bent upwards on both sides. It actually looked as though the front end of the Stang was smiling.

Folks...the average # of wrecks male/female are probably about the same. Sure, you might have less female drivers of the Camaro. But, that doesn't mean that you are going to have more accidents w/ women in the Camaro/Mustang. I know a few female drivers that'll blow your doors off and would probably drive better than a lot of other male drivers. It doesn't matter male/female. It matters about the person who's behind the wheel.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
I don't think this in entierly true with the new mustangs, I see just as many chicks driving V6 Mustangs as I see guys driving the V6. A majority of V8 owners are guys.

My wife can not stand driving my car, she says the hood is too long and to high, she can't see over it when going over hills. My oldest daughter hates it because it's not a Ricer (shes into Hip Hop and loves Vin Diesel) but she thinks the 99-04 Mustangs are cute not the 05+. My youger daughter says my car is too loud and wants a hybrid.. (shes my Lefty)

My Wife wants a Vette, Because I have always said. the only two people that drive a vettes are Middle Aged old guys and Hot chicks, My wife wants to be a Hot Chick
She Drives a Chrysler 300 now so it would be a bit of a change.
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #22
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
In LA, I see girls in V6 mustangs, but for GTs Its very very rare. So I do not think its really a "girls car" like the mini is.
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
In LA, I see girls in V6 mustangs, but for GTs Its very very rare. So I do not think its really a "girls car" like the mini is.
We have a lot of GT's here in Virginia, but I think the V6 out numbers the GT's 2 to 1.

The V6 Mustang is like the Berlinetta Camaro, this is a Chick Car.
so to blanket say the mustang is a chick car is stupid.

I see more girls driving Camaros than Mustangs around here, and in florida
god the Camaro Vert was a chick favorite.

This is a Funny term. "Camaro Chick"
Scuzzi white-trash blond often found crusing around in said car. Easily Identifiable given the number of tatoos and cigarette dangling from mouth.

We went out looking for some hot girls but the bar was full of camaro chicks

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=camaro+chick

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camaro
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-18-2008 at 03:29 PM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #24
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i think the mustangs are chick cars, actually a study i saw about 3 years ago had the mustang on the top 5 chick cars. right along side the vw bug,jetta and mini cooper.
the camaro will be loved by everyone but definately looks like a dudes car. very aggressive looking.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #25
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post

The V6 Mustang is like the Berlinetta Camaro, this is a Chick Car.
so to blanket say the mustang is a chick car is stupid.
I''l let my co-worker know that you are stating he's stupid for calling the mustang a chick car. No worries, he's not a member here. Just this morning I saw an older woman, gotta guess in her 60's in a Mustang V6. I pulled out my cell to take her photo as proof but I noticed a cop behind me and the light turning green.

I asked my female co-worker why she bought hers... her exact words "it's cute, don't you think?" I replied, "no way, you'd never find me in a mustang, it's obviously a chick car." She gave me a friendly stare and we both laughed. She is cute.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!

Last edited by GothamCamaro; 01-20-2008 at 08:56 PM.
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #26
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
1. Camaro 569 up, 320 down

A beautiful, ungodly fast car that can be picked up for about $8000 and will shit on your eurotrash wannabe porsche's or Jags and your homo-erotic ricer club boyz.

hands down the most bang for your buck

give me $1200 for suspension, and my camaro will embarass your expensive imports all day long on the track.

the only way to make a camaro vs. import race interesting is to start in 3rd gear AS THE BLUE EYED BLONDE SMILES AT YOU AS HER CAMARO LEAVES YOU IN THE DUST.
2ko5gt- You live to close to me for that kind of attitude! If I end up with a V6 it will be so I can afford the gas. I hate to do it since my brothers 82 Z doesn't have any power either but.... I like what I like and I have liked Camaro since I started checking out cars at 14. Camaro's are not "chick" cars. I just happen to have the same (good) taste as a lot of men. (muscle men)
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #27
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
1. Camaro 569 up, 320 down

A beautiful, ungodly fast car that can be picked up for about $8000 and will shit on your eurotrash wannabe porsche's or Jags and your homo-erotic ricer club boyz.

hands down the most bang for your buck

give me $1200 for suspension, and my camaro will embarass your expensive imports all day long on the track.

the only way to make a camaro vs. import race interesting is to start in 3rd gear AS THE BLUE EYED BLONDE SMILES AT YOU AS HER CAMARO LEAVES YOU IN THE DUST.
2ko5gt- You live to close to me for that kind of attitude! If I end up with a V6 it will be so I can afford the gas. I hate to do it since my brothers 82 Z doesn't have any power either but.... I like what I like and I have liked Camaro since I started checking out cars at 14. Camaro's are not "chick" cars. I just happen to have the same (good) taste as a lot of men. (muscle men)
This may be a Camaro site, but we try to be respectful of all performance vehicles. Let's keep the insults to a minimum, shall we?
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #28
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Pencil.fight-I printed out what 2ko5gt had as his link. I agree with you that is why I said he lives too close to me for that attitude. Thanks for agreeing.
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote