Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #379
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
You got rid of a car because people didn't wave to you? WGAS if people wave or not, hell some people don't even return a hello when you pass them by in the hall. As for popularity, again who cares so long as you like the car, I'm not sure how vettes are less popular, but so long as you are happy then that is all that matters. I do agree that the paint stinks, mine is nowhere as bad as yours, but still it does have a chip or two all of which my dealer took care of. Congrats on your new ride, it definitely looks great.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #380
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Alright, you know nothing of law enforcement. Patrol level collects evidence. Detectives can not handle that unitl patrol collects it. Then it goes to lab. Then to detectives. It's called a chain of custody. Yes, we process prints when lab doesn't, and yes, we lab test DNA as well.

Quoted you above because this is how I feel about the Camaro community. So, it's alright for you to throw that out there, so I'm just using your own words to describe why I feel this way about the majority of 5th gen owners.

LS2 vettes do not require premium gas. Rated 400 testing on 87. I used the 08 as a comparison. 07 and 06s are posting 12.3 to 12.5. 08s have seen 12 flat with a professional driver. I believe I saw 11.87 with one that only switched out the run flats on drag times.

This hooked up with the Z51 suspension makes me go...... Also, the Z06 is crazy on insurance, and was 30,000 more than this one.
Yes the Thread is ALIVE still and the OP keeps burying himself over and over , Hey OP just put that E85 in that Vette , she will run like a champ!! I am waving at you right now ,
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #381
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Well, since we are STILL on the topic...

I took a road trip this weekend and I got several waves from other Camaro drivers. It cracked me up every time because I thought of this thread. I even got a few people saying nice car and a group of kids cheering as I drove by. If that isn't enough ego stroking then you might be a bit too needy.

Maybe the OP is just putting out a bad vibe. What if the Vette people don't wave either!!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #382
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post

I took a road trip this weekend and I got several waves from other Camaro drivers. It cracked me up every time because I thought of this thread. I even got a few people saying nice car and a group of kids cheering as I drove by. If that isn't enough ego stroking then you might be a bit too needy.

Maybe the OP is just putting out a bad vibe. What if the Vette people don't wave either!!
yeah I just moved and at the new place, I was washin' the car in the driveway and as the FedEx truck drives by I haer "NICE CAR MAN!!!!" but, ya know, these cars don't really attract attention, that's the problem...
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #383
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
When I had my Corvette's I don't remember a time that another Corvette owner didn't wave. If it's that important then go for it. Everyone has their own reasons.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #384
ExtremeV6

Drives: V6 '12 1LT RS
I agree here in Texas. Not one fellow Camaro owner has waved at me since I bought my Camaro 3 months ago (probably cause mine is a v6). WTH is up with that?

Haven't noticed the paint thing yet, waiting for it though :(

They are popular down here for sure. However, I do like driving it because mine is a 6-speed manual. My daily driver absolutely needs a back seat to fit my small child back there. I sometimes wonder if I should have bought a Subaru BR-Z instead. Then I remember the crash safety ratings Camaro receives and I'm good for a while...

Still a fun car but I can see why you would go with a vette.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #385
ExtremeV6

Drives: V6 '12 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post

I think cause you are in Motorcity territory. A little different down here.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #386
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
yeah I just moved and at the new place, I was washin' the car in the driveway and as the FedEx truck drives by I haer "NICE CAR MAN!!!!" but, ya know, these cars don't really attract attention, that's the problem...

lol. yea, every time I order a pizza, or some Chinese or something the delivery person always comments on the camaro in the driveway. though I have to admit, this community definitely gives camaro owners a bad name. I sure hope the majority of owners are not like the people here.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #387
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeV6 View Post
I think cause you are in Motorcity territory. A little different down here.
No, it's the exact opposite. I don't usually get (or give) waves around here because Camaros are everywhere. It's when I got out in the country that the car really stood out and got attention.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #388
detroitjohnny

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 and many more
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Maybe he was walking out of a gay bar? Idk.

Here's where you show your true colors. Scary that you are a cop with prejudices like that.

I hope you enjoy your new car and leave soon.

BTW, I thought you were leaving? Why are you still here?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #389
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitjohnny View Post
Here's where you show your true colors. Scary that you are a cop with prejudices like that.
So a cop is not free to think what he wants as long he doesn't act on it? America really HAS changed. THAT'S what's scary.....

Alright. Since the site is FINALLY back up, and my logon is no longer frozen...oddly...I will be the one to wave the white flag on this one. The point of the thread is still there. Some have admitted truth. Others refuse and continue to . Those, I cannot change. You are free to think as you want....as long as you are not around Detroit above.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #390
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Huh? What did I just read? :-/
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #391
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
though I have to admit, this community definitely gives camaro owners a bad name. I sure hope the majority of owners are not like the people here.
Wow. Talk about an overstatement. This site is FAR from giving Camaro owners a bad name. Unless you can't handle a dozen rude people on a site that has almost 80,000 members. Good luck finding a site that's full of rainbows and sunshine 24 hours a day.

I've made some great friends from the local forums here. There's plenty of people who's posts I don't agree with but hey, welcome to social networking. This place is a like a cute baby seal compared to the comments on youtube.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #392
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
nice vette, but personally hate the paint on my '08, scratches worse than my 2010--just staring at it seems to generate another scratch, and front chipping is a nightmare..

Closed Thread