Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Does anyone like the new rear better than the old?
YES, the New rear is better 34 13.44%
NO, the Old rear is better 219 86.56%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #29
ASSASSIN

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Everything in the new rear area is ugly

2010 2SS SIM LS3, GM Ground Effects, Cherrybomb Extreme Axle-Back
ASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I hated it in the first few pics from the TV show. After seeing the reveal, and tons more pics, I can say I don't dislike it. Everyone keeps mentioning Prelude and Integra, which is a legit comparo if you don't know Camaro history. I see though a blend of 68, 70 and 3rd gen in the taillights. Im not sure why they ran the diffuser so high up the rear bumper though. Again I dont love it, but I dont hate it either.

It looks like none of the hardpoints were changed, so I could see 10-13 rear bumper, lights and trunk lid easily swapping over and vise versa the 14 to 10-13 cars. Like in the manner of the 98 F-car refresh, you could swap all the new front on the old car or the old front on the new car....hardpoints and mounting points didnt change.

I didn't vote because there was no middle ground, just either or.
94turbolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #31
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
I like it. I am a fan of LED tail lights.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I love my 2010 and I love the back of the new Z28, if I had to choose between the two, I choose my 2010, Team Camaro has never disappointed me.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
streetbeast

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS LS3
Just as well call it the Camaro GT-R spec

Name:  integra.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  12.2 KBName:  SSresize.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  152.9 KB

Name:  integra rear.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  7.6 KB
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #34
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I prefer the new taillights... from the side, they invoke the spirit of the 3rd gen, with the down-spiked triangle showing. That rear end is now sexier than ever, totally STFA (squared the funk away).
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #35
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
5th gen Camaro, 5th gen Prelude. Either way, I like 'em both!

IMHO, I think the longer and narrower tail lights make the rear appear wider. That's what I always liked about my Prelude, and it was something I knew I would always miss. Guess you could say I don't like one more than the other, since both designs look good to me .

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #36
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I can get over the tail lights. It's the Diffusor that's killing it for me.

The only way it can be saved IMO is if Havoc makes a similar, aggressive diffusor modeled after the one they have for 5th gens now... Then I could wrap my head around it.
Attached Images

BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #37
Random

Drives: 300hp RWD, only costs $3.25 a ride
Really depends on the color, it looks good with a white camaro w/ black trim
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #38
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I spent a full day with the 2014 update and also spoke at great length with Tom Peters. We all are comfortable with the original 5th Gen fascias which colors our view of the restyle. Combine that with the loss of contour in the photos and the result is a very reasonable I don't like it. When you spend some time in person with the new look I am betting most current owners will come to see the car as many of us that were at the unveil.

Tom is amazing. He loves the 5th Gen as much as the most avid 5th Gen owner. The restyle brings to the showroom a number of styling cues they would have liked to include on the original. After speaking with Tom I am incredibly confident that the 6th Gen will take the Camaro to a new level of excellence. I wish everyone could have attended the debut and met with the Camaro TEAM. It was a great experience and I am grateful to have been included.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #39
starhutch
THE RED ROCKER

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum View Post
I can totally see the Prelude in that design.
starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Don't like the rear one bit and I doubt seeing in person will change that. The hood vent looks like it was installed with a Sawsall as well. Would have rather seen something that shows more outward effort like the ZL1 vents. This just looks like an after thought, much like the terrible C6 Nav Unit from the 80s that's very noticeably out of place.

I like the performance mods that were added to it and the deletion of the mail-slot as that makes an after market hood with a vent look more like it belongs, instead of the overly busy double intake.

Sad to see IOM go.. but, I figured that was coming.

I'm very curious to see how well this Z stands up to the other Z in the Camaro line up on all the various types of tracks.

If it had a different hood and rear, I'd buy one if I was still in a Camaro.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Don't like the rear one bit and I doubt seeing in person will change that. The hood vent looks like it was installed with a Sawsall as well. Would have rather seen something that shows more outward effort like the ZL1 vents. This just looks like an after thought, much like the terrible C6 Nav Unit from the 80s that's very noticeably out of place.

I like the performance mods that were added to it and the deletion of the mail-slot as that makes an after market hood with a vent look more like it belongs, instead of the overly busy double intake.

Sad to see IOM go.. but, I figured that was coming.

I'm very curious to see how well this Z stands up to the other Z in the Camaro line up on all the various types of tracks.
The easy one first. The Z/28 wil be faster than the ZL1 on any road course. Much faster.

The hood vent is fully functional and is the result of design working side by side with engineering. The CF Z/28 vent is a direct replacement for the black SS vent. Unless the aftermarket hood companies spend big bucks in the tunnel testing they will be hard pressed to improve on the function of the new hood design.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #42
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The hood vent is fully functional and is the result of design working side by side with engineering. The CF Z/28 vent is a direct replacement for the black SS vent. Unless the aftermarket hood companies spend big bucks in the tunnel testing they will be hard pressed to improve on the function of the new hood design.
Their design side could use a new set of eyes. That's great it's functional, but that doesn't change the "jegs special" appearance of it. Seems to be a recurring thing with vents looking like they're supposed to be there.

Though, I love that it's "much faster" than the ZL1.... I can't wait to see them show up locally out on the tracks.. I wish I'd see more ZL1s in this area -- maybe this year I will..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote