Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #57
Beer Thirty
5:30 somewhere

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
No comment.
Beer Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #58
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSS View Post
MY COBRA DIDN'T BLINK !!

What's the ticket say he used to clock you, might have been paced.
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #59
mark2526

Drives: Fast
The best advise, don't speed leave early
mark2526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #60
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSS View Post
MY COBRA DIDN'T BLINK !!

Probably hit you with LIDAR... the companies don't tell you that if the beam doesn't catch the sensor then it never goes off. Wish I had a nickel for everytime someone I stop for speeding tells me that their detector never went off.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #61
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
You wouldn't do that because Police officers are above Childish games.

The way I look at it is obey the Law and you will have no issues. The only reason people get so mad is because they got caught doing something wrong. Man up and take your punishment. If the Cop was in the wrong, sooner or later he/she will reep what he/she sows.

Yeah, you're right gotta remain professional I guess.
Not to say that a few bad apples don't slip thru the cracks but yeah the officers that are really bad are weeded out by the system. there always seems to be someone above watching them and their actions and eventually it catches up with them.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #62
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2526 View Post
The best advise, don't speed leave early

Yeah, thats good advice, but I love that its posted by someone in their profile that says "DRIVES.... FAST" (I'm sure that means on the track) right?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #63
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I've always cooperated when stopped, but this young officer was full of himself, he started with something smart and inappropriate for the level of the supposed crime. I caught him off guard, and I work with these guys all the time so not intimidated because you are a police officer, respect for the position ok, but your not in the 1800's here. You have a code of conduct with the public you are supposed to follow and he was out of line. It was years ago and see him occasionally, always ask him if they put his sign up yet. Its good for a laugh.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #64
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Yea, I thought Revo was better than that too.. especially with the jab at me. I have made a pro-active effort to stay away from these threads for that last two months as well and I still get hit lol...so what was the point in staying away?

As hawk stated, I am not a big ticket guy either, maybe one or two a week and those stem from vehicle crashes...but even my contacts go down in the Holiday season(s) and even worse when its about a week before Christmas. I dunno, maybe when I was a rookie cop, I could see myself with less tolerance. However, I know how broke Christmas (or other holidays) makes us all now that I have a family to deal with and watching my other family members maintain employment adds a degree of understanding... I just don't have the heart to pass off a 250 dollar ticket for only doing 15 over.

No, there are no incentives for tickets. Maybe other states have them, but we don't have quotas or extra pay. Even if I pull 18 burning kids out of a house and save their lives, we are prohibited for any type of "award" other than a plaque. I will be at a desk unfortunately in the next 12 months or so, as it seems my tenure on patrol is beginning to run its course.....but don't you guys fret... it is clear based on previous statements my presence is still missed. I love you guys, don't worry...I'll start paying attention again, just for Revo and my buddy Casper. Let's Occupy us some Camaro5.com

..oh and IBTL
come to Gainesville. UFPD sure seems to pull over and ticket every person I know lol. We need more understanding cops like you
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #65
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I even saw 3 officers pulled one after the other behind a suv on campus and one police officer was searching everywhere in the car while the (I'm guessing owner) was just standing very casually and talking to the other 2 police officers.

Crazy stuff with UFPD at UF lol

But, even with all the complaining, Gainesville is one of the safest cities in Florida to live in and I suppose having the largest campus police department in the nation helps with that lmao
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote