Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #15
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaCamaro View Post
I have the Squash Fuel system. I put a pressure sensor on my fuel rail and use that signal to one of the analog inputs to my SCT device. I datalog through that.
Setting up the transfer formula was a PITA, but after that all is good.
Can you explain how you did this or do you have any pics?
Old 03-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #16
JustaCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Here is a picture of the pressure transducer. I got it from Ted Jannetty.
The fuel block I built.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #17
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Bringing this thread back to life.

I have AGP dual pump setup w/ return. FPCM is still plugged in. Fuel pump power wires are unplugged of course. I have not messed with the fpcm at all.

My question is, should I still be seeing fuel pressure through hptuners or other software? I do get the code p023f and understand what it is and that it wont go away until i unplug the fpcm. But if i can at least get some idea of what my FP is then i dont mind the CEL being on. I just dont get a reading for fuel pressure, bounces around 0.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #18
enloe

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff657756 View Post
Bringing this thread back to life.

I have AGP dual pump setup w/ return. FPCM is still plugged in. Fuel pump power wires are unplugged of course. I have not messed with the fpcm at all.

My question is, should I still be seeing fuel pressure through hptuners or other software? I do get the code p023f and understand what it is and that it wont go away until i unplug the fpcm. But if i can at least get some idea of what my FP is then i dont mind the CEL being on. I just dont get a reading for fuel pressure, bounces around 0.
You can retain the FPCM with a return system. I did this successfully a couple of weeks ago on my own ZL1. HPTuners has a beta version of software now that allows access to the FPCM calibration. With this, you can change settings in the module. I am even using the FPCM to run the primary pump at 99% duty cycle and using a pressure sensor and relay to run the secondary pump. I have the fuel pressure sensor hooked up and I am able to monitor the pressure through a scanner.
enloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #19
jeff657756

Quote:
Originally Posted by enloe View Post
You can retain the FPCM with a return system. I did this successfully a couple of weeks ago on my own ZL1. HPTuners has a beta version of software now that allows access to the FPCM calibration. With this, you can change settings in the module. I am even using the FPCM to run the primary pump at 99% duty cycle and using a pressure sensor and relay to run the secondary pump. I have the fuel pressure sensor hooked up and I am able to monitor the pressure through a scanner.
So i should be able to see pressure still? Like i said, i still have it hooked up but the old pump power wires are disconnected causing the code. not sure if the code is causing pressure to read 0 or if something else needs to be done to get the stock fp sensor to turn back on.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #20
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
We have been beta testing - Squash

So we have a factory fuel pump controller running 2 e85 pumps with a regulator with a return set to 72psi at full voltage and no boost reference working flawlessly on e85 and 850 rwhp and the fuel pressure sensor is still working since we have an OEM FPCM
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #21
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
So we have a factory fuel pump controller running 2 e85 pumps with a regulator with a return set to 72psi at full voltage and no boost reference working flawlessly on e85 and 850 rwhp and the fuel pressure sensor is still working since we have an OEM FPCM
Excellent info brutha! Much appreciated.

God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #22
enloe

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
That is awesome. I am doing this with a lower regulator pressure setting. Nice to know it is being done by someone else. I was being told it can't be done...had me worried.
enloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #23
jeff657756

Quote:
I must have done something done something to my fuel pressure sensor/wiring then during install. Mine doesnt want to work anymore.