Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #43
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
You're doing an awesome job defending Kenwood's quality and I agree they are reliable as a Ford Crown Victoria. They aren't the only proven reliable sedan on the market however, and this isn't the car industry. If you can't accept Kenwood has competition, you might have your eyes closed and you seem to be taking it personally, was never my intention.

I've already proven above there are better within the suggested entry level class range through third party links and price analysis. I also usually try to provide actual links to relevant information if possible so others can make their own decisions based on reliable information, instead of just the suppositions proposed by most. I also have over 30 years history within the field and I believe even semi-proven and respected on the forums here for the same.

Most welcome!
As expected you are making arguments against points I haven't made. Logical Fallacy. Good day
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #44
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron0731 View Post
The entry level market is the only singular audience Kenwood has ever been successful marketing to for their amplifiers, ever. They are cheap entry level reliable no-nonsense quality you can trust. Kenwood makes some nice head units, but I will never certify one of their amps (and never have). They simply have never been able to meet the quality build standards set forth by available manufactures elsewhere for entry level amplifiers. Do your research, expand your mind

Anecdotes generally don't cut it on the internet. Do you have ANY sources for your claims?
If not I don't have anything else to say.
Quote:
As expected you are making arguments against points I haven't made. Logical Fallacy. Good day
Rereading your complete nonsense replies to me attempting to help educate and expand your mind has me at a complete loss on what you think I owe you or why you are now treading off topic to come after me personally.

Crutchfield has posted stats in conflict from the original manufacture (which I posted links to): FACT
Kenwood operates in the entry level market class for amplifiers: FACT
Proposed alternatives with superior options were provided: FACT

Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #45
Aaron0731

I never argued their aren't better options. I said the Excelon is a good amp and there are bench tests to back it up. All of that other wish wash is white noise. It doesn't mean anything.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #46
Aaron0731

Learn how to intelligently hold a conversation or shut up, god.

http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html

Last edited by Aaron0731; 04-19-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Link
Old 04-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #47
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Learn how to intelligently hold a conversation or shut up, god.

http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html
Dude, take a chill pill. You are the one that dragged this conversation into the ditch.

If you want to defend Kenwood amps, be my guest....just don't act like a jackass.

I feel much better now.....could not hold back much longer.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #48
Aaron0731

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
Dude, take a chill pill. You are the one that dragged this conversation into the ditch.

If you want to defend Kenwood amps, be my guest....just don't act like a jackass.

I feel much better now.....could not hold back much longer.
I give a crap about Kenwood amps. The OP asked for an amp that would fit and I gave him a suggestion. A class D Excelon that puts out 75W RMS x 4 at 2 ohm. God insisted that my suggestion was inferior or incorrect. I asked for evidence of his claim and he can't produce. Instead goes on and on about how many years he's had in he trade, about how there are superior products, about how Kenwood is not a good choice, all with no supporting facts. That's where it ends for me. Sorry if it bothers you. His opinion is just like anybody else's. The problem arises when he states it as fact.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #49
Aaron0731

And I admit I may have got a bit personal with him, sno, but this is not the only time he's put others beneath him with no evidence for his claims.

To sum it up I feel that claims accerted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Just the way it is (should be)

Last edited by Aaron0731; 04-19-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #50
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Appreciate the feedback Aaron, I'll work on not appearing harsh or condescending.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:19 AM   #51
TTTAPOUT

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Zapco is like a college professor and Kenwood is a fourth grader. Kenwood has always had decent head units, but their speakers and electronics have always been sub par. Sony ES and Clarion Pro Audio always had better head units, and so did Alpine, but JL, Rockford, MTX, Orion were always much better amplifier choices, and then you have Hertz, Zapco, McIntosh, Audison, Marconi, Focal and some others that really make high end electronics. For the separates, (the only set I have ever seen actually catch on fire) Infinity speakers are mid level at best. I'm not sure I would take them over the factory Boston system. I would look closer at some better quality and better sounding stuff. Boston Acoustics Pro Series, MB Quart, JL Audio, Hertz, Rainbow, Focal, Audio Frog are all leaps and bounds better than Infinity.

Personally, I generally hang out in the higher end audio area myself, and I am doing my audio system in the ZL1 this week. I am replacing the front speakers with the Audio Frog GB60 Components, and building a custom ported enclosure for 2 8" DD Audio subwoofers in the spare tire well. I am going to run two Hertz amps (HDP1 and HDP4) with the dsp (H8DSP) module, and it should absolutely rock.

Last edited by TTTAPOUT; 04-21-2017 at 07:33 AM.
TTTAPOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #52
TTTAPOUT

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Here is a quick peak at the trunk so far.
Attached Images

TTTAPOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #53
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

You've got a great looking start on your ZL1 with solid components, it should sound good when finished and hopefully looks as good.

The "factory boston system" is nothing more than paid advertising. The drivers in the car are $5 paper cones you could upgrade from Parts-Express. Nearly every single OEM vehicle system is this way, across the world. The only legitimate OEM system that was proven to be authentic is the Bentley Bentayga's $5,000 Naim Audio option (The Audi $8k ML system was debunked early).

I've always stated there are better quality than Kappas, but discussing $500-$2,000 speaker sets to entry level crowds does not provide them a solution. Life is a balance between brand loyalty, sales advertising, what friends are purchasing and cash, therefore for these reasons, someone will have to spend over $300/pr before any see a single marginal improvement over the Kappas. The Rockford Fosgate P2 series offers a beautiful entry level component and 6x9 set. The JL C2 series as well, but both are less than half the Kappa quality for the same or even higher cost. The PG 900.4/.5 is a perfect match for those sets and for someone doing the labor themselves, could have a seriously nice entry level system for almost $500 total.

Celestra, Sinfoni and their cheap quality entry level brother, Mosconi, are unicorns to the general masses. Most people are simply unable to justify (or afford) even a $2500 Focal or Frog set ups, much less some Audison amps. People just getting into audio today do not understand and/or are incapable of appreciating pure sound quality, would be rare if so. They've been listening to MP3s most of their life and all they know is 128khz sampling complete trash, but to them it sounds like heaven. They know "something" is better, but they want it plug-n-play like their Apple and under $1,000 installed which is nearly impossible today at $100/hr shop rates.

Last edited by Snoman; 04-21-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #54
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
You speak the truth on that one! I was going to DIY this system, but it has taken me 2 years of working 3 jobs, buying, selling, and trading up to the equipment I have. I don't want to wait 2 more years to hear it, or I'll have a different car by then, so i'm paying a shop to do it. Sticker freakin shock!!!

PAC RPK-GM4101, Pioneer DDX9903S, Arc Audio PS-8, PSC, Mmats HiFi 6150D, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2)IB, GB60, GB25, GB10
beak81champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:26 AM   #55
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
JBL P660c is another option($130) just put some in today and they sound great running off a class D Kenwood XR4S. Any more than half volume and hearing will eventually not exist. You can find those XR4S amps on eBay, pretty cheap, like $150 and the JBLs are $130. The XR4S is very small too, smallest amp I ever had. I actually don't care for most Kenwood products, but came with car. Had a Kenwood ddx896 hu, I really did not like, so bought the Sony 712hd, but if I did it again I would have went with Pioneer. Front comps were Kenwood excelon, today put in JBL P660c and is much better. I blew 1 Kenwood sub, so changed both sub's over to MTX, no issues since. Only thing Kenwood I did like in my system is the XR1S and XR4S Amps. Very small and efficient, zero voltage drop, no dimming issues etc even at higher volumes.
2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers ZL1 bumper conversion, Kenwood Amps, Kenwood speakers, Sony 712hd hu, long tubes, high flow cats, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out or carbon fiber everything.

Last edited by rotwiler; 04-25-2017 at 01:58 AM.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote