Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
I'm not getting this car...forget it.

Hi guys,

I'll be short.

-Ordered end of June.
-Promised September.
-It is October.
-It is also getting FRICKIN' cold.
-I'm not going to store it as soon as I get it and just let it depreciate

-Will put an order for the z24 when it comes out perhaps late next year.

-I have a license plate (Ontario) that says "BUMBLEBEE1"

If anybody wants to buy it from me to have it transferred, I would love to let it go for whatever I paid for it. I think it was $250.

I also happen to have a 2LT Transformers Edition on order at Bob Myers Chev in Ajax that I'm sure they'd love to find a buyer.

Fed up with waiting...all the recalls (HVAC problem included most recently)

I know there are a lot of die hard fans of the Camaro on this site and you'll all flame me but I have to say that I am NOT a die hard fan. Just a BIG fan of the car's stylings and what I fell in love with when I test drove it...TWICE. Of course, I loved it in the movie so yes I am a bit of a fanboy. Takes all kinds right?

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and buying a much cheaper motorcycle that I always wanted. I'll get my kicks that way. ^_^
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Bumblebee View Post
Hi guys,

I'll be short.

-Ordered end of June.
-Promised September.Nobody should have promised you anything...and you shouldn't have believed them...
-It is October.
-I'm not going to store it as soon as I get it and just let it depreciate. Completely understandable...being from the same section of the continent. Brr....

You mean Z28?

If anybody wants to buy it from me to have it transferred, I would love to let it go for whatever I paid for it. I think it was $250.

I also happen to have a 2LT Transformers Edition on order at Bob Myers Chev in Ajax that I'm sure they'd love to find a buyer.

There has been ONE recall to date. And that was the battery cable issue (it was also fixed for all later-produced cars). Everything else was service bulletins, and general "fyis".

I know there are a lot of die hard fans of the Camaro on this site and you'll all flame me but I have to say that I am NOT a die hard fan. Just a BIG fan of the car's stylings and what I fell in love with when I test drove it...TWICE. Of course, I loved it in the movie so yes I am a bit of a fanboy. Takes all kinds right?

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and buying a much cheaper motorcycle that I always wanted. I'll get my kicks that way. ^_^
It's too bad things fell this way. Sorry you missed out. :(
Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
im kinda in the same boat as you... i ordered end of july ...
i even injured my right ankle and prolly wont be able to drive the car off the lot when it gets here... my tpw has been bumped back 2 weeks from the original of sept 21...

that being said... ive come fed up and wanting to cancel my order... but the people here has said... the wait is worth it... ive talked to 2 guys on here in pm's continuously that ordered around the same time... and a few more who have been great help...

the 2 other guys have gotten their cars already while i still sit waiting on mine...
that being said ... ive calmed down and from now... w/e happens with my car... happens... im still excited since next week is my tpw...

however, the most hurtful part of this whole experience is that i more than likely will not buy another gm product if its on this same system... a car is a big buy... but no way should i have to wait 3 months for it... and no way someone who ordered 2 months after me gets thier car before me...

i hear what you are saying... and i feel bad for you... i hope you find something that betters your quality of life and makes you smile

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
however, the most hurtful part of this whole experience is that i more than likely will not buy another gm product if its on this same system... a car is a big buy... but no way should i have to wait 3 months for it... and no way someone who ordered 2 months after me gets thier car before me...
Just curious, what do you think the likelhood is of you preordering another vehicle?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Make sure you get snow tires on all four on the Motorcycle.

And some long johns.

z24 ....That's a Cavalier.

Last edited by OUR72GTO; 10-03-2009 at 12:41 AM.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Zeeman28a

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Quote:

How did you manage to get a 10 character license plate? I thought they were limited to 8 characters. At least, when I bought mine in Feb this year they were.
Zeeman28a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #7
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Biggest mistake you are ever going to make with a car purchase. Words simply cant describe how amazing this car is. I have been told so many times over and over even by people who are not car people that is by far the best looking car they have ever seen. I promise you what you are doing is a short term fix.Here is a picture of what you just threw away.

Name:  Picture 006.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  99.1 KB
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #8
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I know how frustrating the waiting game is, at any time, but don't blame the cold weather for it, that's not fair. I'm not sure if a full 90 days has passed, and it's unfortunate that the dealer promised you a specific delivery date. These places have to stop doing that, and they're just trying to keep you hanging on as a customer. Legally, it's all on the back of your bill, I believe they have 90days, and beyond to do everything in their power to get you the car. It seems they don't have your best interest at hand, otherwise they would have explained that to you...READ THE BACK OF THE BILL!

If this is a dream, for you to own a Camaro, then don't give up on it so fast. I waited for mine for 3 months, and believe me it was well worth the wait. Before you do anything hasty, call the GM Customer Service 1-800-263-3777 they have great people who can help you.
If you have a VIN give it to them and they will find out what stage your car is at. If you don't have a VIN pressure the dealer to give it to you, and at the same time tell them to give you the order number for your car, GM can trace that much easier. I DID ALL OF THIS AND THEY WERE MOST HELPFUL, AND PRECISE!

I would hate to see you throw everything out the window, on a unfulfilled promise by the dealership. You have to also understand the amount of orders they(GM) have to fill, and they're doing the best, even with overtime & Saturday shifts, to get these cars out.

GOOD LUCK, AND I SAY STICK WITH IT!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #9
boreas

Drives: 2LT/RS TFE yeah!
I must say, I understand you completely... What I'm doing, though, is shopping around. I'm using the "locate a vehicle" function on the GM.ca site daily. I've also "enlisted" a second dealer. If the second dealer finds me a yellow 2LT/RS before the first one gets me a production date, I getting my deposit back and buying it from him. I was promised somewhere around mid-December (ordered mid-August), but I might end up getting next week.

This is a great car and the wait is annoying (especially since there are a lot more that you'd think in the dealers' parkings; about 12 2LT in Québec alone), but as a fellow Transformers fan, I say "Hang in there!". Think about telling yourself "Autobots, rolls out!" every morning when going to work...

Cheesy? Childish? Nerdy? Sure, but with such style!

Phil
boreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
it's your decision...but you don't want to get the car just in time for the winter, so you're buying a motorcycle?

also there's only been 1 recall (and that's only on the first few 100 SS's built)...the HVAC is a service bulletin...NOT a recall. EVERY car has service bulletins...some have 100's. THIS IS NOT something to freak out about.

good luck trying to order a Z/24.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #11
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
What is the MSRP on the car you ordered?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I was tired of the waiting, the run around game the dealers were playing, looked around and behold!...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'll be short.

-Ordered end of June.
-Promised September.
-It is October.
-I'm not going to store it as soon as I get it and just let it depreciate

I ordered mine july.12 and just came in sep.2
KTMracing09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #14
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Ordered april 29th recieved aug 28th

Originally planned to have it by october. Then they said it should be there mid july, didnt show up till mid aug.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote