Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #659
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I think my point still stands..no where will you see.nick selling , promoting or marketing his tbs .Nick made the 102 tbs for the fast 102 intake Period and it works fantastic for the purpose he desighned it for.Anyone that say otherwise is misinformed. Now we all know a big tb helps fi cars and we use them and Nick is aware but I don't hold him responsible for using his produxt for something he did not desighn it for.Everyone has an opion mine comes from facts some are not prevy to.

I think your love for NW is clouding your judgement. I don't believe anyone here said that the NW 102 wouldn't work with a fast 102. Why......because now one here is running that. The topic being discussed is the NW102 and PD FI gen v Camaros. That's it. No bullshit GTO's, no low boost cars, etc. If his product wasn't designed for what we are trying to do then he should've said that and saved face. All we have heard through you is that he is working on a fix. He'll have a fix soon. Problem is that to you guys soon is within 10 years. The only facts that we as consumers need to know is that the NW 102 will not work on the higher boosted PD blown cars. That's the ONLY fact we need to know.

Let's simplify this. Since you claim to be NW's liaison and to have the highest hp working 102....

when can the public expect this problem to be solved?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #660
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I think your love for NW is clouding your judgement. I don't believe anyone here said that the NW 102 wouldn't work with a fast 102. Why......because now one here is running that. The topic being discussed is the NW102 and PD FI gen v Camaros. That's it. No bullshit GTO's, no low boost cars, etc. If his product wasn't designed for what we are trying to do then he should've said that and saved face. All we have heard through you is that he is working on a fix. He'll have a fix soon. Problem is that to you guys soon is within 10 years. The only facts that we as consumers need to know is that the NW 102 will not work on the higher boosted PD blown cars. That's the ONLY fact we need to know.

Let's simplify this. Since you claim to be NW's liaison and to have the highest hp working 102....

when can the public expect this problem to be solved?
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #661
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I will gladly run any Gen V Camaro that you have a NW 102. Bring one to the Camaro Fest and we can run them for all to see. Oh, and bring lots of cash too, out of state checks I do not take.

Your car has a 454 in it. I wouldn't be on here bragging about owning a dyno queen. My low powered car would shit all over that thing on a track.
OK im starting to get flash backs of high school so ill leave the chest pounding to you,one things for sure if I decided to make a drag car out of my dd Camaro I would be ashamed of 9.80s .Carry on
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #662
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
OK im starting to get flash backs of high school so ill leave the chest pounding to you,one things for sure if I decided to make a drag car out of my dd Camaro I would be ashamed of 9.80s .Carry on

Again you deliver no answers and fail to back up all claims. Guess I should have expected that since that's all you seem to do.

Smart move not accepting a race with your inflated HP car. You'd have looked more foolish than usual.

You couldn't make a 9 second car if your life depended on it. You're an Internet parts peddler. Which is ok, we all need people to serve us.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #663
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
You are not doing yourself any favors with comments like these. Not a smart business move in my opinion.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #664
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
H/E Please GTFO. You have nothing valuable to add here. High Hp 102 or not.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #665
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Is TPIS the only solution that wroks? Dual remote throttle bodys or the LS2 throttle body is not the answer or solution? Inquiring minds need to know?!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #666
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Is TPIS the only solution that wroks? Dual remote throttle bodys or the LS2 throttle body is not the answer or solution? Inquiring minds need to know?!
Stock TB works just fine. This is an issue for those that "upgraded" to a NW 102. My blower inlet was ported so returning to stock was not an option.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #667
yotaman96

Anyone know if a DBW throttle body from a truck 5.3 will work as a core for the TPIS unit?
Old 06-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #668
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Anyone know if a DBW throttle body from a truck 5.3 will work as a core for the TPIS unit?
Nope. LS2 only. I tried to send them my LS3 one and they wouldn't take it. I found one online from a junk yard for cheap.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #669
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I just finished reading this thread from page 1 to 27. 13 months worth. Obviously this has been an issue for some time. NW offered full refunds to everyone with a modded TB or the last version, did anyone get that refund? It also appears that Nick's last comment on here was in December, 6 months ago. Sorry, but I don't wait that long for something that (might) work. Unless I missed something, what is the big deal about a NW TB in the first place? Does he claim more HP over others? Is it lower price? If it's price, I would gladly pay someone else more for a product that works reliably than what some of you have dealt with and paid for and races lost because of something that didn't work and apparently has no fix.

I haven't searched the internet for 102 TB's so don't know what is out there other than what is discussed in this thread. I am doing my research for buying a blower later this year and will be close to the HP range where everyone seems to have trouble. It's amazing to me the issue is not 100% settled. I would think someone out there would be able to make the TB's compatible with the electronics or possible put a damper on the butterfly that would help control the flutter that seems to be the problem. A dampener weight should give it more density and less flutter resulting in less voltage change causing REP. Has this been considered?

Is there a difference in weight or thickness of the butterfly that may make one work where another fails? Maybe it isn't all in the tune or which way it opens or the amount of vacuum behind it?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #670
RED BARON
F1X bringing the pain!

Drives: CTS V of the Centri
Any of you guys looking to get rid of your LS3 motor NW102? Email me: sales@weaponXmotorsports.com
Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #671
yotaman96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BARON View Post
Any of you guys looking to get rid of your LS3 motor NW102? Email me: sales@weaponXmotorsports.com
Mine is going up for sale. Super low miles. Just like new. Make an offer.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #672
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
Date: Tue, July 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Bob writes:

I just purchased a NW 102mm TB for my 2012 ZL1 build. During WOT tuning we suspect that the TB blade is snapping closed. My understanding as well as many others in the Automotive community is that this issue was resolved. I purchased my TB from Speed Inc. who buys through Scoggin Dickey When the Throttle body was shipped to my door step, it was in a box that included 4 screws and foam packing. No instructions were included, no support info, no contact info, no setup information. I'm looking for any info that can help me utilize this hardware as it was intended. Does it matter which way the blade is opening. The stock TB has the motor side on the left, the NW Throttle body on my car is installed on the right so the blade actually opens in a different direction... does this matter? Also, what can I do to ensure this TB is operating correctly and if it is faulty, how can I get it fixed... its brand new.

Thank you for your time,

Bob

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:45 AM

Email from Nick Williams:

The blade isn't actually snapping closed. It is the computer going into limp mode due to throttle angle fluctuation and closing it. This usually will show up on higher powered cars with PD blowers. Unfortunately there is no way to loosen the position tolerance in the stock computer yet. Cars using aftermarket controllers don't see this problem. Currently I don't have a solution that works in every situation. I have another design that works better, but hasn't fixed a few of the cars who have tried it. Those cars were making near 1,000 HP though.

Nick

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
Response from Bryan at Speed Inc.

Bob,

Nick Williams manufactures them exclusively for Scoggin Dickey. Any support would have to come from Nick Williams/Williams Performance. I guess we've just gotten lucky so far, we have been selling these since they've been available and never had an issue until now. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,
Bryan
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boooo, oc2donefixed