Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Opinions...

So I am going to get the Sparks SS emblems eventually, but I need help deciding on getting the heritage grille as well. If I do get a heritage grille it will be painted satin black.

These are all Photoshops...

Option 1: stock grill with the sparks SS emblem (assuming they are still going to be releasing one for the stock grille)

Option 2: heritage grille, in satin black, with the sparks SS emblem

And this is what the rear will look like

Opinions please...

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #2
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I like the heritage grill, but in body color. The contoured edges and whatnot make it look like it just should be the color of the car. Even w/ my black SS, when I get the heritage grill this spring (hopefully) it'll be body color.
If you want to keep the satin black look across the front, I'd stick with the stock grill.

Edit: And if you want to photoshop a black w/ cgm rally stripes w/ a black heritage grill with the sparks emblem, in both red and again with cgm lettering, I'd be grateful!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
imo, totally heritage grill here... I usually don't always go with the heritage grill, but in your concepts, the heritage grill looks awesome. Imo, you don't even the that SS badge lol. Your car is pretty sweet. The rear looks great too!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K3SS View Post
I like the heritage grill, but in body color. The contoured edges and whatnot make it look like it just should be the color of the car. Even w/ my black SS, when I get the heritage grill this spring (hopefully) it'll be body color.
If you want to keep the satin black look across the front, I'd stick with the stock grill.

Edit: And if you want to photoshop a black w/ cgm rally stripes w/ a black heritage grill with the sparks emblem, in both red and again with cgm lettering, I'd be grateful!
I do not like the heritage grille painted body color, it makes the front look less aggressive IMO. Obviously on a black or CGM car, color matched looks good... but I just do not like it color matched on the rest of the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
imo, totally heritage grill here... I usually don't always go with the heritage grill, but in your concepts, the heritage grill looks awesome. Imo, you don't even the that SS badge lol. Your car is pretty sweet. The rear looks great too!
I know I used to not like the heritage grille either, but now I really like it.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
tough choice man, I think I like it with the factory grill better.
Anyways youll make it look great in th end, your Camaro is one sexy IOM
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
heritage grill
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Heritage grill
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
TaylorRyanSS

So it looks like the heritage grille so far... I am really on the fence. I like the way they both look! The stock grille looks more aggressive but the heritage grille make the front end look cleaner.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
So it looks like the heritage grille so far... I am really on the fence. I like the way they both look! The stock grille looks more aggressive but the heritage grille make the front end look cleaner.
I was in the air with both of these as well but then I saw the billet phantom replacment grille in person and I am going with that one. I would say the heritage looks clean, but like the aggresivness of the stock grille with the SS emblem.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Stock grill.

But if u do the heritage grill Satan black like you stated, that's cool too. Painting the grill body color just comes off as a cheap paint job by a shop too lazy to mask off the grill. This is what most will think as on pretty much any car the grill isn't body color. It's an accent piece so it should be a different color (black). And it matches the theme you got going already, rear blackouts, splitter all black.

Your car looks good. All your mods are pretty much the same ones I'm doing. Makes the car look more aggressive but not over done and still clean looking.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
TaylorRyanSS

Well I wont be getting it for a while, and I do not even know if Sparks is making one for the stock grille for sure. I am leaning towards the heritage grille, but then when I see it on the stock grille it looks so good too. Thanks for the replies.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #12
TaylorRyanSS

Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
heritage grill forsure bro looks more mean
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
bro love your car lol i say heritage grill too but it's very clean soo far good job.