Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
If you have a LFX V6 your car year is wrong , It's misleading!
I don't think he has the LFX, he said he's just curious.

Gotta love these IPF groupies.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #16
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post

I see now!!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
Make It Rain
Account Suspended

Drives: 69 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post

Not a groupie, just trying to make a decision on what to do. So far IPF is the only one that I have seen any numbers on. Everyone else always says they are going to post numbers, and it is either raining or the dyno is down or busy.
If someone is going to spend close to $6,000 they should be able to count on real world numbers not just talk.

Thanks, just trying to figure this out now that there are multiple choices. The only one I can get answers on is IPF.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #18
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I am going with RX. Within 6 weeks there should be a total of 3 RX SC cars on the road. Terrorizing Mustangs, Challys, SS's and even those wallflower GTO's.

We'll see where IPF is at in the same amount of time. I think it's great that you have at least 2 companies competing for the Gen5 V6 SC business. Both companies have put in a ton of work based off of ppl saying they really want an SC. Well they're here.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
Superfreak

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
If you have a LFX V6 your car year is wrong , It's misleading!
I don't have an LFX. I currently own a 2010 LLT. I have an opportunity to trade my 2010 on a 2012 but before I do, I want to see what my options are. I know RX has a system for the LLT, I was just curious where they stand on the on the LFX. I want to go FI and had made a decision to purchase the IPF system. Then this LFX deal came up so now I am am seeing what my options are. I am located less than 500 miles from AZ so my logical choice would be IPF. I didnt know that these questions would cause so much drama. Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #20
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
I don't have an LFX. I currently own a 2010 LLT. I have an opportunity to trade my 2010 on a 2012 but before I do, I want to see what my options are. I know RX has a system for the LLT, I was just curious where they stand on the on the LFX. I want to go FI and had made a decision to purchase the IPF system. Then this LFX deal came up so now I am am seeing what my options are. I am located less than 500 miles from AZ so my logical choice would be IPF. I didnt know that these questions would cause so much drama. Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz
I think everyone is a bit confused. Your avatar has an SS facia, you state 2010 but you are asking about the LFX. Now you are saying you want to trade for a 2102 and then supercharge it. Why not just stick with the LLT and mod it? Seems like it would be cheaper.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #21
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Also LLT has more support and potential than the LFX because of the header deal. LFX is easier to tune and runs alil better but that's it.

Also IPF is only going to get buys from stock new V6's owners not fully in the know (exhaust doesn't count as no power is really gained also intake because you will lose it). All the hardcore owners willing to go FI have supporting mods that IPF doesn't support.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
How about staying on point. So the ..... what if someone does not own a 2012. Do you need to call someone a groupie for asking a pointed question? What confuses me is why if some one asks a question about RX the same people have to rip them apart.
I admit that I also wonder about the same questions asked. Glad I did not ask them or maybe I would be treated the same way.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Superfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I think everyone is a bit confused. Your avatar has an SS facia, you state 2010 but you are asking about the LFX. Now you are saying you want to trade for a 2102 and then supercharge it. Why not just stick with the LLT and mod it? Seems like it would be cheaper.
There you go. Now I have bowtie avatar. I didn't know I had to give a blood sample to post questions up here LOL. Why not sell your car and buy a charger. J/k. I can get the LFX for a good deal, it has 30000 less miles than my 2010 and it is 2 years newer. GM did a bunch of changes to the heads and internals to the LFX and it seems like it may be the right move FOR ME. :flag2:
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
Superfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
How about staying on point. So the ..... what if someone does not own a 2012. Do you need to call someone a groupie for asking a pointed question? What confuses me is why if some one asks a question about RX the same people have to rip them apart.
I admit that I also wonder about the same questions asked. Glad I did not ask them or maybe I would be treated the same way.
I agree. Sorry OP for the thread hijack
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
There you go. Now I have bowtie avatar. I didn't know I had to give a blood sample to post questions up here LOL. Why not sell your car and buy a charger. J/k. I can get the LFX for a good deal, it has 30000 less miles than my 2010 and it is 2 years newer. GM did a bunch of changes to the heads and internals to the LFX and it seems like it may be the right move FOR ME. :flag2:
You indicated earlier that you were just asking questions. We are basically asking questions to figure out where you are coming from because it didn't make sense to us. So, it goes both ways. No I see more of your logic. Sounds good to me. Maybe you can be the first to get the supercharger on an LFX and let us know.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
Superfreak

Quote:
You indicated earlier that you were just asking questions. We are basically asking questions to figure out where you are coming from because it didn't make sense to us. So, it goes both ways. No I see more of your logic. Sounds good to me. Maybe you can be the first to get the supercharger on an LFX and let us know.
Ok so that is behind us now. Phewwww. Now back to the original question that I posted. Does RX have a system currently available for the LFX - one that is proven with dyno results and real world data? That's all I wanted to know. Now you make it sound like that if I decide to go the RX route, I will be the first.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #27
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Ok so that is behind us now. Phewwww. Now back to the original question that I posted. Does RX have a system currently available for the LFX - one that is proven with dyno results and real world data? That's all I wanted to know. Now you make it sound like that if I decide to go the RX route, I will be the first.
I don't know. I know they are selling them, but I don't know if they have done one on the Camaro. They may have some results posted on other forums related to cars that also have the LFX engine. I'm guessing the results will be very similar to what SmokeLT1 is getting on the LLT though. After all, why wouldn't it be?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I don't know. I know they are selling them, but I don't know if they have done one on the Camaro. They may have some results posted on other forums related to cars that also have the LFX engine. I'm guessing the results will be very similar to what SmokeLT1 is getting on the LLT though. After all, why wouldn't it be?
I agree, whatever results that are had from an LLT should be expected...or pretty close anyways...for an LFX.

That said, we are still waiting to see final dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times for the RX supercharger project.

Tags
2012, 2ls, supercharger, v6 engine