Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #2647
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
been there before

Yes

You

Do

But you haven't listened to me this far in the process, so why start now?

you should buy 8 cutouts and mount them to the headers directly and route them thru the hood with flapper valves....
YOu just lost me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I think we're being shunned. Maybe PQ has us on his ignore list...

QTP right behind the headers!!!!
Well, I'll just get that type and have the 'Y' diverter welded in in the same spot and do it like your friend who bought yours did. My headers and mid pipe scrape the ground already. I have to get them up a bit. They are shipped already.

BUT, I might just get the noweeds. Can't beat that system. Dumps straight back and fits perfectly as a bolt in. Noweeds looked at the Borla syatem and said I'd just have to trim the noweeds a little and it would fit perfectly.

Quote:

that is...unless you want to lose to chris in round 2
No way. I OWN his ass on the strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You can't have them. They are for Joe
Psh......... WAY too loud for Joe.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #2648
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
YOu just lost me. lol

Quote:
Well, I'll just get that type and have the 'Y' diverter welded in in the same spot and do it like your friend who bought yours did. My headers and mid pipe scrape the ground already. I have to get them up a bit. They are shipped already.
do it like Emma's.

BUT, I might just get the noweeds. Can't beat that system. Dumps straight back and fits perfectly as a bolt in. Noweeds looked at the Borla system and said I'd just have to trim the noweeds a little and it would fit perfectly.
you can beat the system... did they physically look at it? or just at your pictures?
and would your warranty on their system still be valid if you just "trimmed" on their parts?

just sayin ya know..

No way. I OWN his ass on the strip.
we'll see... Oh, did I tell you that I have figured out your methanol injection system? I just need your car to test fit the injection harness and lines.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #2649
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Well, I'll just get that type and have the 'Y' diverter welded in in the same spot and do it like your friend who bought yours did.
My friend didn't do it that way. I had them like that in my car. We just took the whole exhaust off my car and put it on his. I was sad to see the cutouts go, but the exhaust wouldn't have fit in his car without that section because they were welded in.

What have you got against QTP cutouts? The smartest car guy you know (SPIKE) recommends them!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #2650
PQ
Booooosted.

Now that's some redneck engineuity.................. pun intended. LOL

But yes. The noweeds motors will still be covered if I trim the pipe. And they pulled up the part number and Borla exhaust and said the noweeds system is the same size offset as the borla S pipe from the cats to the xpipe.

So I believe that may be what I do. Can't beat a straight shot out the pipe.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #2651
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
My friend didn't do it that way. I had them like that in my car. We just took the whole exhaust off my car and put it on his. I was sad to see the cutouts go, but the exhaust wouldn't have fit in his car without that section because they were welded in.

What have you got against QTP cutouts? The smartest car guy you know (SPIKE) recommends them!
Nothing against. I just don't want to have to weld them. QTP is a common design. So I can get the motors anywhere but I want to be able to just bolt them on and go. Plus I get a straight line shot out the dumps.

But I don't want to have to have them welded. You guys just don't understand how F***ed up shops down here are. I don't trust anyone here to mess with my car.

It may take me a bit longer but when I do stuff to my car I know it's done right and who to hold accountable. Sure I might be just fine having someone weld on my exhaust and it seems simple enough but there are enough reasons to go noweeds to justify the cost.

Easy to install, completely removeable, warranty, better flow out the exhaust for the best sound and performance.

Everything is better. Just cost 900.00 to do.

But I'd assume that paying a shop to do the work and get the cutouts it's probably about that cost anyway. So I will have a better system for the same cost.

And no welding.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #2652
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Now that's some redneck engineuity.................. pun intended. LOL

But yes. The noweeds motors will still be covered if I trim the pipe. And they pulled up the part number and Borla exhaust and said the noweeds system is the same size offset as the borla S pipe from the cats to the xpipe.

So I believe that may be what I do. Can't beat a straight shot out the pipe.
I could beat a straight shot out of the pipe...

Quote:
Nothing against. I just don't want to have to weld them. QTP is a common design. So I can get the motors anywhere but I want to be able to just bolt them on and go. Plus I get a straight line shot out the dumps.

But I don't want to have to have them welded. You guys just don't understand how F***ed up shops down here are. I don't trust anyone here to mess with my car.

It may take me a bit longer but when I do stuff to my car I know it's done right and who to hold accountable. Sure I might be just fine having someone weld on my exhaust and it seems simple enough but there are enough reasons to go noweeds to justify the cost.

Easy to install, completely removeable, warranty, better flow out the exhaust for the best sound and performance.

Everything is better. Just cost 900.00 to do.

But I'd assume that paying a shop to do the work and get the cutouts it's probably about that cost anyway. So I will have a better system for the same cost.

And no welding.

900.00....plus your shipping, and time to make it work, plus the down time without the car, plus the exhaust shop installing it and HOPEFULLY... nothing goes wrong halfway thru and you have to stop and end up driving with one header open and the other side running the full exhaust.

for that cost... minus the cost of the QTPs, you could drive your car to my place, pick up a case of beer and we/I could install them over the weekend.

just sayin...lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2653
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

900.00....plus your shipping, and time to make it work, plus the down time without the car, plus the exhaust shop installing it and HOPEFULLY... nothing goes wrong halfway thru and you have to stop and end up driving with one header open and the other side running the full exhaust.

for that cost... minus the cost of the QTPs, you could drive your car to my place, pick up a case of beer and we/I could install them over the weekend.

just sayin...lol

No. It's a straight bolt on. I could do it in an hour. Including the wiring.

Of course I'll mount the switch differently. I don't like there switch.

After i get the car jacked up. haha
Old 03-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #2654
Darth_Emma

Why don't you come up the fest a day early and let IPS do it right? You and Bonnie can stay with us. (Seriously!)

You can then cruise with me and a bunch of other folks coming in the east coast caravan to the fest (well over 100 cars in the caravan!).
Old 03-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #2655
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Why don't you come up the fest a day early and let IPS do it right? You and Bonnie can stay with us. (Seriously!)

You can then cruise with me and a bunch of other folks coming in the east coast caravan to the fest (well over 100 cars in the caravan!).
Well Bonnie will have to fly in. But if you consider the cost of IPS doing it I'm betting the noweeds will end up the same or cheaper for me. All I have to do with the noweeds is lift the car up cut a pipe and clamp it in. The wires are easy. And I'll have a straight dump.

Andy anyway, I want it done naaaow.............

I appreciate the offer. Honored you have us.

But I needs me some loud NAOW!!! lol
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #2656
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Well Bonnie will have to fly in. But if you consider the cost of IPS doing it I'm betting the noweeds will end up the same or cheaper for me. All I have to do with the noweeds is lift the car up cut a pipe and clamp it in. The wires are easy. And I'll have a straight dump.

Andy anyway, I want it done naaaow.............

I appreciate the offer. Honored you have us.

But I needs me some loud NAOW!!! lol

I can't wait to see if those noweeds are really that simple... I hope they are!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #2657
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I can't wait to see if those noweeds are really that simple... I hope they are!

Problem is Jegs sent another kind of cutout that WILL fit. Same type and shape as the QTP you had. I wasn't able to intercept my mailed request. So tomorrow I'll have a regular set of cutouts.

Gonna be hard not to go down and install them like you guys have said. lol

Noweeds take a few weeks to ship.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #2658
PQ
Booooosted.

Here is the noweeds on one side. It's so freaking cool. Dumps right out the back like true open headers.

And just fits right in.

Name:  New Picture (6).jpg
Views: 283
Size:  105.9 KB
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #2659
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
That's money right there....

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #2660
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Here is the noweeds on one side. It's so freaking cool. Dumps right out the back like true open headers.

And just fits right in.

Attachment 344905
I will bet you anything that is a manual tranny in that pic and it won't fit like that in your car. Also, it that the stock exhaust?

A lot of these are made to fit perfect with the stock exhaust. Making them work with an after-market exhaust is usually tricky, especially with an automatic transmission. That motor will probably not fit like that with your tranny.

But, I hope it's that simple!

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle