Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #197
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
My original thoughts were only about the video itself being boring and not really showing much based on how much everyone else was getting off to it. That's all. I only brought up the other bits when challenged on why I thought it was boring, so, I explained why. I'm not buying a Z/28. No interest in it. I think it will be a very nice track performer for those that can drive it to its full potential. I just don't get much from the video.
Well I guess you're not a Camaro fan. We find it interesting because it's not only the new body style but a reborn Z/28. If it was a video of the 2014 Stingray you'd probably find it less boring.

The fact that it's making corners at the ring look "boring" is a big clue as to how capable a track car this is. Watch the part with that little red truck thing going through that one set of corners and you'll see and hear how a regular production vehicle handles. The fact that the Z/28 looks like it's cruising through that same set while going much faster is very revealing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #198
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Well I guess you're not a Camaro fan. We find it interesting because it's not only the new body style but a reborn Z/28. If it was a video of the 2014 Stingray you'd probably find it less boring.

The fact that it's making corners at the ring look "boring" is a big clue as to how capable a track car this is. Watch the part with that little red truck thing going through that one set of corners and you'll see and hear how a regular production vehicle handles. The fact that the Z/28 looks like it's cruising through that same set while going much faster is very revealing.
I had a 5th gen. With blower, wheels, full suspension, exhaust, dual fuel systems, etc. I love it. Just because I have a dissenting opinion, I'm a non-Camaro fan? God you people really do have identity issues when someone makes a negative comment. It's like your self-worth revolves around what others think of your platform.

http://a.yfrog.com/img29/7935/xxmavv...whdbqrdaii.mp4

This one was better -- even though it's sideways and equally short.

This is also my first Corvette in my life. I had two 4th gen Trans Ams, an '05 GTO, a Steeda GT, Z71, and a C1500 Pickup with a fully built motor, trans, etc.

I do like the new Stingray and I would have made the same comments on it as well.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #199
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Why? So I can change my opinion and align it to the one you think I should have? My opinion differs and that's my right.
Dude, what's with the attitude and arrogance? I only asked you to view it again and see if you still feel the same. As of now I could care less. No need to comment back as I'm done!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #200
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Dude, what's with the attitude and arrogance? I only asked you to view it again and see if you still feel the same. As of now I could care less. No need to comment back as I'm done!
You started with me, actually. But, if making yourself the victim helps you sleep.

How exactly is saying I have the right to a dissenting opinion attitude or arrogance?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #201
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

Doc, my thoughts exactly.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #202

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
For sure I don't know what I'm looking at...lol...But my first impression was that the videos were pretty over analyzed without any related info to go with them...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #203
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
I had a 5th gen. With blower, wheels, full suspension, exhaust, dual fuel systems, etc. I love it. Just because I have a dissenting opinion, I'm a non-Camaro fan? God you people really do have identity issues when someone makes a negative comment. It's like your self-worth revolves around what others think of your platform.

http://a.yfrog.com/img29/7935/xxmavv...whdbqrdaii.mp4

This one was better -- even though it's sideways and equally short.

This is also my first Corvette in my life. I had two 4th gen Trans Ams, an '05 GTO, a Steeda GT, Z71, and a C1500 Pickup with a fully built motor, trans, etc.

I do like the new Stingray and I would have made the same comments on it as well.
So I'm supposed to know your entire car ownership history just because you posted in here? I assumed from your avatar and info that you were a vette guy which was a perfectly reasonable assumption considering I know nothing about you other than the first posts I read from you where you're saying how boring the new Z/28 appears to be. That kind of comment leads one to think you're a hardcore vette guy and not a Camaro fan.

You're in a Camaro forum and specifically in the Z/28 section, and if you read through this particular thread you should have already figured out the enthusiasm we fans have of the Z/28. It has nothing to do with our "identities" or "self-worth". We're excited about this car and might find it perhaps a bit odd that someone who isn't, took the time to find and participate in such a dedicated forum thread.

If you like Camaros then stay tuned. There will be more videos surfacing soon I'm sure and we'll see better and better examples of what this car will sound like and be able to do.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #204
gorgeous-ss

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
I also agree that the video could have been better and the exhaust note is a little sad for the motor... definitely would need some exhaust work if I was to get one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
gorgeous-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #205
HumanWiki

Quote:
So I'm supposed to know your entire car ownership history just because you posted in here? I assumed from your avatar and info that you were a vette guy which was a perfectly reasonable assumption considering I know nothing about you other than the first posts I read from you where you're saying how boring the new Z/28 appears to be. That kind of comment leads one to think you're a hardcore vette guy and not a Camaro fan.

You're in a Camaro forum and specifically in the Z/28 section, and if you read through this particular thread you should have already figured out the enthusiasm we fans have of the Z/28. It has nothing to do with our "identities" or "self-worth". We're excited about this car and might find it perhaps a bit odd that someone who isn't, took the time to find and participate in such a dedicated forum thread.

If you like Camaros then stay tuned. There will be more videos surfacing soon I'm sure and we'll see better and better examples of what this car will sound like and be able to do.
I'm not surprised you don't really know me or remember any of my years of posts on this site while I was a 5th Gen owner. I followed your posts for some time trying to adapt it to my own car where I could, as I did with many others. I ran the absolute piss out of my 5th gen -- to the point of breaking it many times, in many different ways. I finally got tired of owning the car and felt unhappy about some unposted issues and I sold it for the GS I have now.

I'm not unimpressed with the car. I'm unimpressed with the videos. That's what I'm waiting on. Much better videos actually showcasing this car's true performance abilities.

I don't have the 5th Gen in my sig any longer because the details simply wouldn't fit.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/Hu...a92cc.jpg.html
Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #206
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Gorgeous-SS
Are these videos produced for GM? Or, are they spy videos? I agree they're not so highly produced, but should have no bearing on what we're witnessing. As Doc pointed out a car that tracks well is not full of drama maybe even "boring" to some.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #207
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Gorgeous-SS
Are these videos produced for GM? Or, are they spy videos?
Spy video.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #208
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
Spy video.
Thanks, it's what I thought.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #209
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
Just to refresh people's memories. Some other videos that were posted a few days ago in this thread....

Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #210
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
It's really pretty difficult to tell much of ANYTHING from a 7 second clip of a 7+ minute lap. It's intended to stir the hearts of those truly enthused. Those who aren't enthused will not likely be impressed, one way or the other, by this clip.

In the earlier clip, the Z/28 pilot was "on it", the ZL1 not so much.

And 3 seconds at Milford means 3 seconds at Milford, on a 1:30 lap. It doesn't necessarily mean 15 seconds at the Ring. Although it might.

"Time" will tell.

So be it.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote