Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
What all do I need?

I am probably going to pick up the ZEX Nitrous blackout kit from Phastek pretty soon (unless I can find it for cheaper) and I was wondering if this kit came with everything I will need or will I need more? Also is the this a good kit or would you with a different kit? How much would install be?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
ryanb910

Sorry just realized I put this in the wrong place.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you also want to purchase their purge kit. and a shop should be able to install in 3-4 hours. so whatever their hourly rate is.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
ryanb910

So it should only take 3-4 hours to install both kits? I got a quote that was just about $1600 for the blackout kit and install, not including the purge kit.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
So it should only take 3-4 hours to install both kits? I got a quote that was just about $1600 for the blackout kit and install, not including the purge kit.
It really depends on the shop. A lot don't quote the minimum amount of time to make sure that they can do everything and do it well. Me personally, I wouldn't mind paying a little more if the shop is trustworthy and does good work. But I would ask around because 1000 for just labor is quite a bit.

I would also look into the ny-trex kit. Only reason I say that is because the ny-trex kit has a plug and play harness that doesn't require splicing into anything. For that reason, it's easier to install. It's also a plate kit so it doesn't require drilling into your intake. I personally will be going with nitrous very soon as well and so far, ny-trex is my choice for those very reasons. If you want the best price on the kit, pm me, I know where to get the best deal for it.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
It really depends on the shop. A lot don't quote the minimum amount of time to make sure that they can do everything and do it well. Me personally, I wouldn't mind paying a little more if the shop is trustworthy and does good work. But I would ask around because 1000 for just labor is quite a bit.

I would also look into the ny-trex kit. Only reason I say that is because the ny-trex kit has a plug and play harness that doesn't require splicing into anything. For that reason, it's easier to install. It's also a plate kit so it doesn't require drilling into your intake. I personally will be going with nitrous very soon as well and so far, ny-trex is my choice for those very reasons. If you want the best price on the kit, pm me, I know where to get the best deal for it.
+1111111111111111111111111

nytrex for me as well. and I will be doing the install.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
ryanb910

I was thinking about doing the install myself but as far as that goes I've only done my CAI and Black Ice-Olator, not sure how easy doing this would be. Plus I heard it takes hours to do. Thanks, I'll send you a PM
Old 05-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Hardest part is probably mounting the bracket for the bottle. And maybe the wiring. Time consuming, but not hard. I watched the shop do it the first time. I felt retarded because I could have done it myself lol