Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
What rear diff bushings to buy

2012 SS M6 future mods put me in the 450rwhp range. Street driven. I dont want vibration or noise just better bushings since im doing gears. im thinking BMR BK001 street bushings $79shipped but Energy Suspension are $50 shipped. will there be a difference? will I need different bolts or just use the old ones?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Piccione Performance

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs & 2014 Stingray
We use the Energy Suspension units, I hear Energy makes BMR's as a private label deal. They look identical side by side.
You can reuse your old bolts as they are not TTY. I am using all the Energy bushings in my '10 SS and I think their great, no issues, good ride quality, etc. I have almost 70k on them as well.
After replacing all the bushings, diff, subframe, rear suspension, it eliminated my wheel hop.
Piccione Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
JCunningham

cool. Im right on the limit of money to do my swap befor putting it up for the winter. I wont go cheap though just to do it now. One good thing about this car is its pretty bad ass stock.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
PFADT
Old 09-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
JCunningham

where can I get the pfadt bushings?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
PFADT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
where can I get the pfadt bushings?
They stopped making them a year or more ago. Sucks because they were a good set up.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
do it once and go with the best. get a set of pedders diff bushings
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I don't know if Energy Suspension actually makes the bushings for BMR. I would be very skeptical of that statement since BMR offers three different levels of their diff. bushings (street, pro, race), and Energy Suspension only offers one. Personally, I would go with BMR, just because I trust their stuff and I know for a fact that their customer service is top notch if I were ever to have any problem with them.

But if you want to try Energy Suspension....these seem like quite a good deal:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282912
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I'd suggest skipping them all together. The heat from the diff will soften up the urethane and eventually cause slop in the bushing if the car is ran hard. If you are set on getting some, I'd probably go with the Pedders HD bushings.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Hey Pete, just a quick interjection. He's asking about diff bushings and those are subframe bushing videos

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Hey Pete, just a quick interjection. He's asking about diff bushings and those are subframe bushing videos
Good get. Thank you
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccione Performance View Post
We use the Energy Suspension units, I hear Energy makes BMR's as a private label deal. They look identical side by side.
You can reuse your old bolts as they are not TTY. I am using all the Energy bushings in my '10 SS and I think their great, no issues, good ride quality, etc. I have almost 70k on them as well.
After replacing all the bushings, diff, subframe, rear suspension, it eliminated my wheel hop.
This information is 100% incorrect. Energy Suspension does not in any, way, shape or form manufacturer our differential bushings for us. Energy Suspension does do some of our other bushings for us like our sway bars and what not but our differential bushings are a different story.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
This information is 100% incorrect. Energy Suspension does not in any, way, shape or form manufacturer our differential bushings for us. Energy Suspension does do some of our other bushings for us like our sway bars and what not but our differential bushings are a different story.
That's what I thought!!! Good to hear it from the source!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
That's what I thought!!! Good to hear it from the source!!!
I am not saying that the Energy Suspension differential bushings are good or bad I just want to make sure the correct information is out there for people to find. We do use Energy Suspension in for other bushings so I assume their differential bushings are good quality stuff like their other bushings.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote